New to calorie counting

tanya.b

ok i did atkins for 5 days as i had done it before and lost a significant amount of weight, well this time i put on 3lbs in 5 days :eek: hence the switch to calorie counting i found a site that does calorie cycles so each day you eat a different amount, well after 3 days ive lost 3lbs :D yeah me so im sticking to it and have 2 stone to lose.

Hello and welcome to cc! Good luck with your weight loss too :)

thanks for the encoragement its going well, the site is called calorie calculator-daily caloric needs. yes check it out

Welcome to CC'ing. Great thing is, you can eat what you want in moderation. Chocolate can still be on the menu, yay! I'd be interested to see what the website was too!!

so how many calories are most people sticking to as a rule? i'd like to maximise my results, the calorie cycle says mon-1320 tues-1320 wed-1584 thurs 1320 fri-1320 sat-1453 sun-1320 taking into account my height ,weight and age

That sounds pretty good to me. :)

helloooo, good luck in your journey. those cals sound spot on.

keep us updated - i'm on 1300 per day but i'm intrigued to find out what would happen if i upped them, then reduced them. my weightloss has slowed to almost a standstill which is v frustrating, so i'm up for trying anything but starvation!

ps. oooh, have just checked out my calorie cycling needs according to that website, looks pretty do-able, and it would be nice to have a couple of days where the cals are slightly higher. mine went like this:

monday 1248
tuesday 1248
wednesday 1498
thursday 1248
friday 1248
saturday 1373
sunday 1248

seems it might help me overcome my 'going over' days withougt feeling quite so guilty.

if my gym shake up doesn't go to plan, i may try this as a way of kick-starting my snail-like metabolism!

Back