New to Cambridge Weight Plan

Unfortunately, the closer you get to goal the slower weight loss gets - booooo. There's less of you so the calorie deficit isn't as great. And as for eating too much on SS+ - yeah, I hear you. :) That's why I don't do it, LOL. I know I'll have to eat proper food again eventually but for now, I find it much easier not to go there.

I have to confess that both my head and my heart agrees with you that a little bit of extra veg can't do lots of harm (so long as you stick to the lowest carb veg - and you can't get much lower than mushrooms). That's not what I should be saying of course - I should be telling you off for not sticking to 80g. :) But in my book it's better to eat more veg than reach for something worse!

If it starts getting out of hand then a week of SS might be a good idea. You're doing great though hun. :clap:

Thanks Lily - wow, you really are a wealth of information. I thought SS+ was 810calories - ? And SS is 450? Am I entirely wrong here?

I know.. I too want to blame anything and everything on a poor weight loss - I drink 4litres of water, do 3 shakes a day, no food.... and am frustrated when the loss is less than I expected. My consultant says to me every week "you're under target by x" and I wanna shout BUT I DID IT BY THE BOOK!!!!! No cheat! I've given up my life for this diet, and I expect something in return from my body.:sigh:

I too find it hellish expensive for "drinking my lunch".... but now that I'm only cooking for my kids, my grocery bill is less and they get to eat nice stuff like chips and pasta!

Its worth it tho - if i can continue to lose the kind of weight I am currently, I will stick to SS for 12 weeks.

Thanks Lily - wow, you really are a wealth of information. I thought SS+ was 810calories - ? And SS is 450? Am I entirely wrong here?

I know.. I too want to blame anything and everything on a poor weight loss - I drink 4litres of water, do 3 shakes a day, no food.... and am frustrated when the loss is less than I expected. My consultant says to me every week "you're under target by x" and I wanna shout BUT I DID IT BY THE BOOK!!!!! No cheat! I've given up my life for this diet, and I expect something in return from my body.:sigh:

I too find it hellish expensive for "drinking my lunch".... but now that I'm only cooking for my kids, my grocery bill is less and they get to eat nice stuff like chips and pasta!

Its worth it tho - if i can continue to lose the kind of weight I am currently, I will stick to SS for 12 weeks.

Drives me mad when consultants say stuff like that. They really ought to know better. But I s'pose many of their clients actually do cheat so maybe it can be hard to tell the difference. The way I see it, you're only cheating yourself if you cheat. Next time your consultant says something so unhelpful, go ahead and shout if you know that you haven't cheated. :D

Right - 810 is known as, well, 810. Or step 2. :)

SS+ is known as step 1A (SS is step 1) and usually works out to 600 and something calories, depending on what you have.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh I get it Lily! Thanks for the clarification !! Yep, 810 is ....810! LOL!

My consultant just seems so critical almost like she's thinking in her head "yeaaaaahh right lady, you missed target by x coz I KNOW you cheated!" - and honestly, I didnt. BUt it does get on my nerves when she tells me what I OUGHT to have lost... as I'm always "under target"....

Weigh in tomorrow! Strangely excited about it!:D

Hi Jillybeans

I only started the diet on Monday (had some sachet's left over from bail out last year) and had my first meeting today. I had set myself strict goals about how much I wanted to lose and by when, and told her about this. She basically said that i'm putting loads of pressure on myself and to take it one pound at a time. I think it was such good advice because i've feel relieved now i'm not obsessing about it.

I totally appreciate why you're annoyed.....just remember that you've lost so much more weight than you would have lost on a regular diet and sticking to this diet is NOT EASY. In my opinion you should be really proud of starting it, sticking to it and how far you've come already! :) xx

Hi Jillybeans

I only started the diet on Monday (had some sachet's left over from bail out last year) and had my first meeting today. I had set myself strict goals about how much I wanted to lose and by when, and told her about this. She basically said that i'm putting loads of pressure on myself and to take it one pound at a time. I think it was such good advice because i've feel relieved now i'm not obsessing about it.

I totally appreciate why you're annoyed.....just remember that you've lost so much more weight than you would have lost on a regular diet and sticking to this diet is NOT EASY. In my opinion you should be really proud of starting it, sticking to it and how far you've come already! :) xx

Thanks Fairy... and you're right - I have lost more weight in the last 4 weeks than I've done in years!!!!!

This diet is really difficult and requires a mindset cast in stone... and removing food altogether helps the cheating.

I'm pretty determined now that I can feel it in my clothes! Jeans today are going to need a belt!:D

Morning everyone!!, I brought a pair of size 16 jeans yesterday so I'm 2 sizes down :) yay!!!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning everyone!!, I brought a pair of size 16 jeans yesterday so I'm 2 sizes down :) yay!!!!! Xx

Well done!!!! I bet that feels good! I had to wear a belt on my jeans today to keep them up!:D

I dont plan on buying too many clothes till I get to target weight...

Well done!!!! I bet that feels good! I had to wear a belt on my jeans today to keep them up!:D

I dont plan on buying too many clothes till I get to target weight...

No that's the only thing I'm going to buy I think, I was curious to see if I'd get in them!!. X

Hey guys! I'm sorry I've not been on for ages!!!

Had my weigh in on Tuesday and even though I totally treated myself on the hen weekend I still lost 2lb I was so pleased with that as lost 3lb for previous 4 weeks so that was a good loss for me considering!

Jilly welcome and I've been doing ss+ since the beginning really and still been regularly loosing 3lb per week! So I would go for it if u fancy it, it's your choice xxx

Excellent well done ruey! Feels so good doesn't it! I've bought size 14s for hols mainly so am soooo happy as started at a large 16! Xx

good luck everyone, ive been doing the cambridge diet for just over 8 months now and ive lost 9 stone 10lbs, got another stone to go and then ill be where i want to be, all ican say to every one is if you stick at it you will se the results.

Well done Cara-T on your loss this week :)
Wow Bigjoules! Amazing loss so inspiring!

good luck everyone, ive been doing the cambridge diet for just over 8 months now and ive lost 9 stone 10lbs, got another stone to go and then ill be where i want to be, all ican say to every one is if you stick at it you will se the results.

wow thats amazing u must feel like a new person
x

Excellent well done ruey! Feels so good doesn't it! I've bought size 14s for hols mainly so am soooo happy as started at a large 16! Xx

What are you aiming to get down to cara? A 12? X

Well done cara :) Keep uus posted with how you get on xxxx

I would loveeeeeee to be a 12 yes! Don't think I've ever really been a 12 so that would be brill! X

Woweee! That is amazing well done you!!!! Inspiring!! Xx

Back