New to Cambridge Weight Plan

hi all starting cambridge diet tomorrow anyone have any tips?

Well done for starting CD!! The first few days will be the hardest but once you get the first week done its plain sailing!! Make sure you drink all your water and post on here as much as poss to keep you motivated :)

Are you doing SS or SS+ ? How much do you want to lose in total?

Good luck!!

hi all starting cambridge diet tomorrow anyone have any tips?

hey
good luck with starting. first week will be the toughest but once u have your first weigh in which is usually a nice big number you will be addicted. make sure u have all products and ur water and if u do feel like its to much eat somethin off of the ss+ list even a chicken breast to give u a boost. im doing ss+ myself and done ss for a week and now how tough it can be at times but posting on here really helps because everyones in the same boat. im on my 9th week have lost 31lb and have 35lbs more til goal so that 5 stone will be gone in no time

x

Starting weight on january 7th -12st 11 Losses so far Week 1 - 6LBS Week 2 - 4LBS week3 - 4LBs week 4 - 2LBs week 5 - 2LBS week 6 - 3LBS week 7 - 2LBS week 8 - 4LBS week 9 - 3LBS

Hey guys had first weigh in today lost 5 and a half pounds been a bit down did want more. Feel a bit lost is this good for a first week??
How much are you wanting to lose?

Well DONE Rebecca! You are nearly half way at 9 weeks! You have no stats available so dont know how much you want to lose and where you started at?

Week 1 and 2 are hard.... then it becomes a way of life and easy to pack a shake for lunch for work.... I'm hungry at night, late, once kids in bed.... but I know thats HABIT as thats when I used to snack!

I was reading through the book lastnight for a bit of encouragement, and yes, if you doing SS and REALLY want/need something to eat, check out what you can eat on SS+ for a snack to fill you up - but not too often - !

Keep going! We'll soon be skinny!!!

I want to lose 6 stone jilly

You CAN do it! If you are really really good, you can possibly lose a st a month (more to start with), but its about determination and STAMINA as you're in for the long haul and 12 weeks seems foreeeeever. But be kind to yourself and DRINK WATER and have your shakes every day.... dont skip them.

You will lose big time at next WI too... it also depends what you ate on the build up to starting CD... I started cutting down on carbs and chocolate about 2 weeks before, to prepare my body.... dont be disheartened, stick with it and lets see next WI stats - also remember, although you may not lose lbs/kgs, you will be losing inches/cm's!!!! Make sure you take those weekly too! :grouphugg:

So day 1. not going to well couldn't even make it half way through my apple and cinnamon porridge it's revolting. Already drank 1.5 litres of water. Dreading my next shake.

So day 1. not going to well couldn't even make it half way through my apple and cinnamon porridge it's revolting. Already drank 1.5 litres of water. Dreading my next shake.

OK, so lets look at a few things. How are you having your shakes? Some like to whip them up in the blender and add ice and make it into a smoothie, others like to add warm water - play around with the flavours of shakes, and "presenting" them - warm, cold etc... Maybe you've got a flavour you dont like? I personally am not a fan of porridge full stop - so prefer having 3 shakes a day of varying flavours. Is it the texture you're not liking?

Hang in there... these first days are horrible, but once you get into the 'zone' it improves. I PROMISE!

Just adding cold water and mixing in shaker bottle. Might try it in a blender with ice next time. I'm not a fan of porridge either but consultant suggested I try, to get to no my likes and dislikes.

my daily routin on the shakes is choc mint cold for breakfast. a soup for lunch either tomato chilli or chicken & mushroom. like all the soups actually. have that warm. and then my 200 calorie dinner and always have a hot choc shake at nice blended so its all frothy.
but then my other half loves the strawberry and banana shakes so u really need to try them all. theres a shake for everyone
x

Starting weight on january 7th -12st 11 Losses so far Week 1 - 6LBS Week 2 - 4LBS week3 - 4LBs week 4 - 2LBs week 5 - 2LBS week 6 - 3LBS week 7 - 2LBS week 8 - 4LBS week 9 - 3LBS

I have the ready made choc shakes 1 at about 10 -11am then I have the other one with a bar in the evening, I fill up on my water in the day. You have to also fund a little routine that fits with you, everyone seems to have their own way of doing things. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

At 9am I have a banana shake

At 1pm I have a bar

At 5pm I have a strawberry shake

At 9pm I have a chocolate shake

I also drink 4 litres of water a day, for 2 litres I use the water flavouring.
So far in 5weeks I have lost 1st 9Ib, it is just routine for me now.

zoie do u get 4 products because of height etc

i tried to do ss but spreading out the 3 products i found tough id have breakfast at 9 and then soup at 1 and then have to have a hot choc as my dinner and also as my treat all in the one so that was around 6 and then id suffer from 6pm onwards thinkin of food. thats why i do the ss+ because i have a meal at 6 and hot choc around 8 watching the soaps. if i had 4 products tho maybe i could cope better but dont think i can at 5ft2

I dont think you can have 4 products at 5ft 2??? I may be wrong.. I also leave my breakfast for 9.30'sh to try keep me going longer as by 8pm I"m starving!

I eat celery when I'm hungry too...

Anyone know the "muffin" recipe you can make with the choc/ shake - in the microwave?

I'm 5"2 and on 4 products a day but that may just be because it's my first week.
I found this chocolate muffin recipe on another forum
1. Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish or microwaveable mug( about 2 dessert spoons to begin with, you can add more later if needed).
2. Add the chocolate pack & mix to a thick paste. Put into the microwave on high for just under a minute. if it looks a little soggy in the middle, put back in for about 10 seconds or so.
A slightly different version of the muffin can be made by saving some of your bars, add it to the mix & it tastes like a brownie. Or when making chocolate muffins add a couple of teaspoons of the summer berry powder or water flavourings to make a sweeter muffin

zoie do u get 4 products because of height etc

i tried to do ss but spreading out the 3 products i found tough id have breakfast at 9 and then soup at 1 and then have to have a hot choc as my dinner and also as my treat all in the one so that was around 6 and then id suffer from 6pm onwards thinkin of food. thats why i do the ss+ because i have a meal at 6 and hot choc around 8 watching the soaps. if i had 4 products tho maybe i could cope better but dont think i can at 5ft2

Yeah I'm on 4 as I am 5ft 10 so 3 shakes would r too little for me. Not sure how I'd survive on just 3 shakes!

Back