New to Cambridge Weight Plan

I'm 5"2 and on 4 products a day but that may just be because it's my first week.
I found this chocolate muffin recipe on another forum
1. Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish or microwaveable mug( about 2 dessert spoons to begin with, you can add more later if needed).
2. Add the chocolate pack & mix to a thick paste. Put into the microwave on high for just under a minute. if it looks a little soggy in the middle, put back in for about 10 seconds or so.
A slightly different version of the muffin can be made by saving some of your bars, add it to the mix & it tastes like a brownie. Or when making chocolate muffins add a couple of teaspoons of the summer berry powder or water flavourings to make a sweeter muffin

Thanks Michelle - I went hunting last night on all the threads looking for this recipe! Anyone tried it yet?:confused:

I'm 5ft 10 and struggled that first week on 3 shakes, so I had 4 but only when I needed it - I'm now back down to 3 shakes a day and have been since around day 14....

Whats everyones favourite flavour? Mine's vanilla.

Anyone got idea's of allowable variations to the shakes to zoozh them up a bit? Blend with ice to make a smoothie is one I've seen, and saw some of you mix the choc with hot/warm (?) water and make a hot chocolate? Any other ideas... I'm on week 6 and getting bored of same old shakes done in the same old way.... and I have 6 weeks still to go!

it's only day 2 and not going to well. only managed 2 and a half shakes altogether yesterday when I'm supposed to have 4. just gotta get used to the taste i guess. feeling light headed and have a pounding headache but that may just be coz didn't get a lot of sleep last night, my youngest had me up 5 times during the night. Tried the maple and pecan porridge and could only get through half of it. The hunger part I can manage I think it's the concept of not eating that I'm struggling with.

it's only day 2 and not going to well. only managed 2 and a half shakes altogether yesterday when I'm supposed to have 4. just gotta get used to the taste i guess. feeling light headed and have a pounding headache but that may just be coz didn't get a lot of sleep last night, my youngest had me up 5 times during the night. Tried the maple and pecan porridge and could only get through half of it. The hunger part I can manage I think it's the concept of not eating that I'm struggling with.

Michelle, you have to have all the required shakes... this ensures you get all the vitamins and minerals you need to survive. Have you tried doing things with the shakes - blending it up with ice and making a smoothie, or mixing the choc flavour with hot water and making a hot chocolate or adding a teaspoon of coffee to the vanilla to give it a coffee flavour... no wonder you're feeling ____. The headache is common as the body has gone into shock - but after a couple days it diminishes... You are going to struggle if you are starving your body and you will feel naseous, dizzy, shaky, tired amongst other things... you need to have min 3 shakes a day at more or less the same time every day.... your body still needs to get into ketosis to start burning fat... you are going to resent the world, yourself and this diet if you dont have all the shakes. Once you are 'into the zone' and dont think about eating, and just drink the shakes - the not eating part will become less important.

I hope you start to feel better soon and you will.... once you start having all the required shakes and water...:bighug:
:bighug::bighug:

Michelle why don't you give your consultant a ring and see if you can swap the porridges and horrible flavours?, they should be bearable if you like the flavours, I stick with choc as it'd my fave. Also you should beable to have thd bars after a couple of weeks this might help. But you will make yourself ill if you don't do it by the book, and you are more likely not to stick to it. You need all the energy in the shakes to cope with the kids!!. Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi jillybeans and ruey1980. thanks for the advice. spoke to my consultant and she said I can change some of my shakes. had 3 1/2 today so that's a step up I suppose. will make sure I have all 4 tomorrow.

how is everyone?

weigh in tomo for me. since my last weigh in iv had a meal out rose and a chinese so im slightly concerned
x

Starting weight on january 7th -12st 11 Losses so far Week 1 - 6LBS Week 2 - 4LBS week3 - 4LBs week 4 - 2LBs week 5 - 2LBS week 6 - 3LBS week 7 - 2LBS week 8 - 4LBS week 9 - 3LBS

rebeccaev said:
how is everyone?

weigh in tomo for me. since my last weigh in iv had a meal out rose and a chinese so im slightly concerned
x

Starting weight on january 7th -12st 11 Losses so far Week 1 - 6LBS Week 2 - 4LBS week3 - 4LBs week 4 - 2LBs week 5 - 2LBS week 6 - 3LBS week 7 - 2LBS week 8 - 4LBS week 9 - 3LBS

Have you been 100% on plan the other days? Last week I was on holiday and had a meal out and a Chinese but remained on plan the other days and still managed to loose 3lbs

Lynne - 77.5lbs down 18lbs to go... :)

Wow Lynne! Thats amazing!!! Do you think your body now understands what you're doing? I feel so bad if I have one small cheat a week!

good luck Rebecca! Let us know how its affected your loss???

I've just been out to movies, saw ARGO - brilliant - and sat with my friend and her boyfriend whilst they ate popcorn - I drank my water (and sniffed their popcorn!)

Just had my last shake of the day - and now need to get out the kitchen for the rest of the night as this is the worst time for me.

Hows everyone doing????:whistle::whistle:

I am just at the beginning of day nine and feeling good :)
i have found I am prone to suffering with headaches at the weekends but I think it is due to the fact I am out of routine with my shakes. I work in a school so down the week I have my shakes at certain times but at the weekend due to lie ins etc everything gets a bit muddled lol apart from that am feeling great :) x

You are almost over the HUMP Lauren! Keep it up! I try have my shakes at the same time every day..... normally first around 9.30 - 2 - 6.30'sh so weekends no different...

Struggling to get to 3 litres water today - am going to have to IV line it in between now and bedtime (joke!)....

Good luck to WI's this week!!! Dying to hear your losses!!!:superwoman::superwoman:

I am just at the beginning of day nine and feeling good :)
i have found I am prone to suffering with headaches at the weekends but I think it is due to the fact I am out of routine with my shakes. I work in a school so down the week I have my shakes at certain times but at the weekend due to lie ins etc everything gets a bit muddled lol apart from that am feeling great :) x

PS : Water intake should help with the headaches ..... :gen157:

day 5 and all's going good now. cooking the family a roast and it looks delicious, surely a little but of meat won't hurt but gotta resist.

Well done Michelle!!!! Hows the drinking of the shakes going and are you having all 3???

Cooking a dinner AND not partaking is a HUUUUUUGE step in the right direction. Its all about getting it right in your head first.... you are spending so much time and money and effort doing this diet - you WANT and NEED the results - and that does mean NOT eating and RESISTING THAT ROAST! In 12 weeks you can participate..... whats a couple weeks in the greater scheme of things???:cool:

hi jillybeans it's going good now thanks actually managing to have all 4 shakes a day, it's still a struggle though think I could manage with 3. its alot better now im making them with ice in a blender and actually like the chicken and mushroom soup which i surprising coz i dont normally like soup. when you put it like that it's easy to stick to it. a few weeks is nothing compared to the results in the long run.

can you exercise whilst on cambridge?

They say not in the first 2 weeks - and then you excericse "moderately" with some gentle walking or excercises.... and not to push yourself and if you feel light headed or feint to STOP. Thing is, if you are on SS you are only having 450 calories, your body needs ALL of these calories to perform simple day to day tasks.... if you excercise, your body is using MORE energy than you are giving it.... so I'd say do it, but listen to your body.

I'm going to start gentle Pilates ... soon.

4lbs on because a treat weekend

not good at all!!

4lbs on because a treat weekend

not good at all!!

Rebecca I've put 3lb on n there's no bloody reason!!!! She reckons it's water retention, I've had a migrane since Friday n I'm struggling with my water. I've had enough this week I could just sit here n stuff my face !!!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back