New to Cambridge

Zolaw088

Hi,

I'm starting tomorrow on CD was just wondering if you can chew sugar free gum or not? i've seen it mentioned on some forums but i'm not sure if its classed as a cheat or not!

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome Zolaw088,

They recommend it is best not to chew gum as it stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry.

But if you feel you must chew then pick a gum that is sugarless and only chew for about 3 to 4 minutes.

Good luck on your CD journey and here is a link to help you put up a weight ticker.
http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html
If you need any help please ask.

Good luck xx

hi and welcome l personal chew sugar free gum and have had no problems its trail and erroe lm afraid, good luck with cd its wonderful

Thanks guys, unfortunately i am starting it whilst i'm at work for the next 2 days and its probably going to be a killer for me but i have to do something... i am about to start a job working as an ambulance technician so need to be fit and healthy for that (and about 5st lighter!) i have tried slimming world and ww but they just don't work well with me due to me working 12 hr days and nights. I hate having to plan what i have to eat in advance whereas with CD, i just need to think about what flavour to take with me! Fingers crossed it doesnt take me too long to get into ketosis :)

Wel I do chew sugar free gum, maybe one or two per day. Especially for my bad breath because of Ketosis. And I will not feel hungry. Good Luck!!!!! :)

Back