Step 1 Sole Source New to cambridge

lucylane1985

Hi all

I've been reading through so many threads and it is wonderful to see how supportive everyone is.

I am on day 2 of sole source having never done Cambridge before.

Day 1 was fine altho v tired in the evening.
Day 2 ....I have felt like I've had a hangover all day, slightly sick, headache...I'm hoping it gets easier/ better!?

Did anyone else feel like this?

Also how does everyone else cope going round to friends houses for dinner and you have your soup/shake?

Lucy

Hey Lucy, well done on starting it which is pretty tough! The first few days are the toughest, but as soon you go into ketosis the ride gets easier.

Can't advise on how to deal with friends' dinner parties. I myself have just banished myself 90% of social life till I reach a certain target. I've stocked up on books and tv boxsets to compensate (not as fun, but definitely great distractions!)

I keep saying to myself it's going to get easier, but I have had a massive headache for the last 2 days and its driving me mad! I'm drinking loads but to no avail.

I keep saying to myself it's going to get easier, but I have had a massive headache for the last 2 days and its driving me mad! I'm drinking loads but to no avail.

Have you taken any paracetamol ? Stick with it as the results in weight lose are worth it x

Hi yeh taken paracetamol but its just not working. I'm not hungry at all but this constant headache is driving me to distraction.

Hello there :)

BY day 5 you will feel so much better and by day 7 you will probably feel fantastic.

If you join NetFlix (£5 a month) you can watch loads of films and Box sets that will help keep you occupied during the evenings especially as the weather is so poor. Also have you tried the Arcade Games on here? I love Scrabble Blast ... last night I spent two hours on it whilst listening to music - certainly helped with the cravings.

Stick with it. It will only be a matter of weeks before you're at goal and loving feeling so slim.

Good luck x x

Hey thanks for all of your help, had lots of water, haven't caved and the head ache has finally subsided.

Even better I've just got back from a friends house who bakes the most amazing carrot cake and I said no!! I've never had the will power before.

Thank you Cambridge!

Hey thanks for all of your help, had lots of water, haven't caved and the head ache has finally subsided.

Even better I've just got back from a friends house who bakes the most amazing carrot cake and I said no!! I've never had the will power before.

Thank you Cambridge!

Well done for the will power! I think on e you decide to stick to the plan it's all or nothing and your certainly go inch it your all. You will be so chuffed with the results

Hi Lucy,

Well Done, I was the same had an awful headache but took sutff and it sorted it!

Im on Day 5 feeling great sticking with the shakes and soups, have to say the Mango Shake is Disgusting!

I have my weigh in on wednesday an im hoping ive lost at least 5lbs, the minute u start a det something comes up, lunch out or a firneds dinner, but Ive made my excuses not to go and instead stuck to my shakes...yummy!ha!

I found a good tip was, putting your class into the freezer so the shake would be freezing cold found it easier to drink i must say :)

Any tips guys.

x

I hadn't tried the mango yet but thanks for the heads up.

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have gotten rid of the headache, I feel so much better. Day 5 tomorrow, weigh in on Wednesday , just really want to see something motivational on the scales.

Just to put some stats on here: I'm 5'4 and starting weight was 12 st 6. Ideally I've got 3 stone to lose.

I'm off on holiday in may, 51 days away and it would be so great if I felt good in a bikini. Realistically I don't expect to be at goal by then and have to be really strict to step back into Cambridge when I get back.

I too have my weigh in on wednesday, im the same i hope i see a few pound dropped.

Im finding today quiet hard, i think its the shakes i dread having them!

I want to loose 3 stone by May also I know wishful thinking, i want to go on holidays and be comfortable with myself want to wear nice tops that im not covering my bingo wings!!

I find on Holidays i dont each much i tend to drink alot tho!

Hey how you feeling now? I'm feeling really good actually...not hungry or headachy. But am feeling quite guilty as had one or two occasions in my first week where I've had to break diet and have dinner with ppl. Altho I've had mega healthy dinner, no carbs, small portions, I'm still annoyed with myself and hoping it won't effect first weeks weight loss.

I think 3 stone is achievable if you stick to it completely as I've seen ladies on here have achieved that.

I think with holiday, just enjoy it altho maybe try having lots of water btw drinks.

I'm intending on being really good and coming straight back on Cambridge after holiday to finish weight loss.

Hey all I lost 4lb at weigh in and 6.5 inches!!! Really pleased altho annoyed as I know I could have lost more if I hadn't have had those couple of cheat meals.

Next week will be better and the pee stick said I'm in ketosis!

Anyone else been weighed today??

Well Done lucy 4lbs is alot if you think of it- its 4 bags of sugar!

I also had my weigh in yesterday and lost 9lbs which i was delighted skipped out of the weight centre, I stuck to it all week though!And it was hard work as everyone on here knows!Im hoping 4lbs will be gone next week and thats my first stone!

I decided to change it up abit and went on 2 soups and 1 shake i just hate the shakes!

I told my Cambridge Consultant that I put Lemons chopped up into the water and she nearly killed me, thought it was a bit much because im still drinking the 4litres but now i find it easier and nicer to get it down?Is that bad?

E x

Congratulations on the 9lbs that's fantastic!! Well done for sticking with it religiously!! How was Easter for you? I found it really tough with lots of social things with family etc which usually centre around food. It could have been worse but then again I could still have done better. Refocus time ready for Wednesday.

The lemons...I'm not sure what the big deal is but the only thing I can guess is it has something to do with the citric acid.... But tbh I think the water intake is so important and water gets so boring, that the good of using lemon to flavour must outweigh the bad. Did she explain? Your consultant I mean...

Ya I was delighted with that, havent been as good this week though, like yourself i was surrounded my family and friends and of course a whole load of easter eggs i did have a small bit of one and straight afterwards regretted it and felt sick.So wasnt even worth it.

I didnt think the lemons would be a big deal either but its just so strict the diet and I suppose thats why people loose weight to fast.Im still continuing with the Lemons as I read " The more you drink the more you shrink"

Have my weight in tomorrow kinda dreading it, i feel if i dont loose anything ill be very dissappointed- is your weigh in tomorrow?

Let me know how it goes?Maybe an Early night to fight the temptation of a snack!:)

E x

Hi emz

Yep weigh in tomoz too! Also dreading it and will be really disappointed too but then again I know why because I want off plan.

Thing is altho I did enjoy the couple of treats, it hasn't been worth how hard it's been getting back into sole source. Been soo hungry!

Good luck tomorrow.

X

Hi Lucy,

Just back from my second weight in lost 2.5lbs wasnt as much as i would of hoped for but some how feel more motivated to stick with the plan for next week.Really want to be down the stone next week.

I also asked my cambridge consultant about coke zero as i saw on here that your allowed to have it, but she recommended to stick with the water. But knowing other people are having it i might have a glass every now and again water gets so boring!

Let me know how the weight in goes.

E x

Hey emz

Congratulations on the 2.5 lb loss!! That's brilliant. I know it's not as much as you hoped but its still a loss!!

I completely understand tho, I only lost a lb this week, although lost 2 more inches. Disappointed but it's still a loss considering the Easter weekend.

I'm setting myself a mini goal like you, to stick completely to sole source for the whole week!!

Next target is to get under 12 stone as I'm 12.1 now.

We can do this!

X

Back