New to CB - disappointing wk 2

Raye

Hello everyone.

I'm new. I've just finished week 2. First week I lost 8 pounds, but this week only 3 pounds - and I stuck to it 100%. I hope I lose more next week. Does anyone have experience of this?
In total I have around 3 stone to lose.
I'm finding it okay but struggling a bit now in that I'm really really missing food. I've written myself a letter which I keep reading. It's hard though as I have a 2 yr old and 4 yr old and a husband who has not a lot of tact and eats all my favourites in front of me! Hard to stay strong but I really want this weight off as fast as possible.

Could really do with some support!

Thanks,
Raye

Hey Raye,

Well done on sticking it out for 2 weeks! I'm only on week one but if you think, that's almost a stone in just 2 weeks which is a pretty awesome achievement in itself! I've heard that losses can fluctuate from week to week, so you may have a bigger loss next week! Even if you don't though, if you keep it up it the weight will definitely come off eventually. It must be hard watching other people eat but just keep telling yourself - you've made the choice to do this and you COULD eat whatever you want, but YOU'RE in control and this isn't forever! Just ride it out and you'll reach your target in no time. It won't be easy but the only way you'll reach your target is by following the plan to the best of your ability. This time in another 2 weeks you'll probably start seeing the difference and that will motivate you even more. :) Sorry if that's not much help lol. Good luck and I really hope it goes well for you! x

Only 3 pounds? Some of us would be very happy to lose 3 pounds in a week - with lots more than 3 stones to lose! :)

Don't knock your achievement - 3lbs off is a great result! :clap: To be frank, you probably won't lose more than 3-4 pounds a week from now on. You may get the occasional big loss - but they won't happen often. So please don't set yourself up for disappointment. This diet is fab, but even if you ate nothing at all you wouldn't lose more than 4-5lbs a week. A stone a month is the average for most - you've already lost 11lbs in just 2 weeks!

Hang in there. :hug99: There is no faster way of losing weight than a VLCD but it'll still take a few weeks for you to see the results you want. It'll happen x x

I totally agree with the other comments, you should be proud of what you've achieved so far, your right about it being hard when you've got small children but hang on in there, it's not forever and the results will be well worth it, :)

your results are great so far! when i did cd last year i lost a stone a month on average, i lost 7lbs first week then 5lbs the second but only 1lb the week after, week 3 tends to be low! the numbers do seem low but 3-4 lbs a week on average is good! my results looked something like this most months:

wk 1 - 3lbs
wk 2 - 3lbs
wk3 - 4lbs
wk 4 - 3lbs
total - 13lbs

so in a 4 week month, just under a stone, in a 5 week month, just over! i know they seem low numbers after the first week but it is a stone a month if you stick to it and it'll come off quickly, i lost 3 and a half stone from march - may/june last year, its a very short period of time and it does come off, trust me! x

Hi

Thank you and of course you are all so right. You have made me feel really positive again and I will re read this post if I ever feel low again. Thank you so much

Raye

Back