New to CC, help please?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by blossom85, 31 May 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. blossom85

blossom85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st9lb(37.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I have followed different plans all my teen/adult life.

I have worked out that I can get away with having 1900 cals a day, I have 7st 2lb to lose, and dont exercise much at all.

Not quite sure I worked it out right, I tried something on sainsburys website to work it out.

I was wandering if anyone could advise me the best place to find calorie's in most foods, I buy alot of foods without Labels on, loose veg/fruit and meats. (Live in a Market Town to take advantage of it lol)

Also how do I find out how many calories I have burnt by exercising?

I have never been able to get my head around CC, and would really appreciate any help on offer.

Thanks

Sam x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
    Hi Sam

And welcome. Calorie counting is, in my opinion, the best diet. The way I do it is I have an online account with a calorie counting website ( I use Calorie Count :: Login ) and you enter your food every day. It then works out everything for you.

Some foods you can guess, like don't weigh every apple...but DO weigh pasta, cheese...anything higher in calories because it is easy to underestimate how much you are having.

The website I use also lets you record your exercise and works out how many calories you have burnt. I don't personally think it's that accurate but you might find it is.

Hope this helps.

Claire x

4. blossom85

blossom85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st9lb(37.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, thanks for that I have just signed up to My Fitness Pal, might check the link out you gave me though.

Thanks for that, I am going to get my trainers on and go for a slow walk (totm causes me problems :()

5. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I use myfitnesspal and it's brilliant for me because I have a smartphone which means I can use their app and track on the go as well as on their website. I also find the friends function brilliant (there's a thread further down with all our usernames on, who use the site). But there are lots of great sites out there - including LiveStrong (although that's a bit more geared towards exercise), SparkPeople, and the one Coley mentioned above - have a look at a few and see which is best for you! I started off using LiveStrong, but much prefer MFP.

6. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.3lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    low carbs and calorie counting
    Hi Blossom, For those moments when the computerised versions of CCing is not available I find a little pocket sized book very handy. It is "The Collins gem Carb Counter" which gives the complete breakdown, - calories, carbs, protein, fibre and fat, - of thousands of foods including some Take away meals and ready meals. It can be bought on line for literally just a few pence.

7. iwillsoonbeslim

iwillsoonbeslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting with the help of Myfitnesspal!
    Very helpful Emmaline x

8. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    What everyone else said :) MFP will work out ur cal allowance based on your weight height and how much you'd like to lose and will also calculate your exercise calories. Most of us eat those back tho which is a nice little perk of the CC life :) I'm sure everyone feels the same but feel free to add me on your list! It's nice to get the extra encouragement!! Im legomom81 on MFP. good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.