New to CC, help please?

blossom85

Hi,

I have followed different plans all my teen/adult life.

I have worked out that I can get away with having 1900 cals a day, I have 7st 2lb to lose, and dont exercise much at all.

Not quite sure I worked it out right, I tried something on sainsburys website to work it out.

I was wandering if anyone could advise me the best place to find calorie's in most foods, I buy alot of foods without Labels on, loose veg/fruit and meats. (Live in a Market Town to take advantage of it lol)

Also how do I find out how many calories I have burnt by exercising?

I have never been able to get my head around CC, and would really appreciate any help on offer.

Thanks

Sam x

Hi Sam

And welcome. Calorie counting is, in my opinion, the best diet. The way I do it is I have an online account with a calorie counting website ( I use Calorie Count :: Login ) and you enter your food every day. It then works out everything for you.

Some foods you can guess, like don't weigh every apple...but DO weigh pasta, cheese...anything higher in calories because it is easy to underestimate how much you are having.

The website I use also lets you record your exercise and works out how many calories you have burnt. I don't personally think it's that accurate but you might find it is.

Hope this helps.

Claire x

Hi, thanks for that I have just signed up to My Fitness Pal, might check the link out you gave me though.

Thanks for that, I am going to get my trainers on and go for a slow walk (totm causes me problems :()

I use myfitnesspal and it's brilliant for me because I have a smartphone which means I can use their app and track on the go as well as on their website. I also find the friends function brilliant (there's a thread further down with all our usernames on, who use the site). But there are lots of great sites out there - including LiveStrong (although that's a bit more geared towards exercise), SparkPeople, and the one Coley mentioned above - have a look at a few and see which is best for you! I started off using LiveStrong, but much prefer MFP.

Hi Blossom, For those moments when the computerised versions of CCing is not available I find a little pocket sized book very handy. It is "The Collins gem Carb Counter" which gives the complete breakdown, - calories, carbs, protein, fibre and fat, - of thousands of foods including some Take away meals and ready meals. It can be bought on line for literally just a few pence.

Very helpful Emmaline x

What everyone else said :) MFP will work out ur cal allowance based on your weight height and how much you'd like to lose and will also calculate your exercise calories. Most of us eat those back tho which is a nice little perk of the CC life :) I'm sure everyone feels the same but feel free to add me on your list! It's nice to get the extra encouragement!! Im legomom81 on MFP. good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back