Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New to CD and day 1 problems :(

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Mrs.Tee, 17 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Mrs.Tee

Mrs.Tee Member

Hi,

This is my first time on a VLCD I have previously followed WW.

I visited my Consultant yesterday and started the programme today. I was really excited and I am ready to do this 100%............ but then I tried the products :cry:

I had the maple and pecan porridge for breakfast (i usually love porridge) and it was so bad I couldn't finish it. There was a taste that I can't really describe that I just couldn't get rid of.

So i have just had the mint choc shake for lunch and again all I could taste was the same thing!

Please can someone tell me this will get better or I will maybe get used to this odd taste? I know I can be strict with myself and really want to do this but after trying these first two I am worried.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me - hope I am not a lost cause!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. twopeas

twopeas New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day one problems

Never a lost cause flower!!!:)

I really struggled with all of the products and now just have the ready done shakes......

Be gentle with yourself and try them all ! I decided that I would think of my cartons as medicine - one three times a day:8855: it works!

Keep going and drink lots of water.

xxxx

4. Mrs.Tee

Mrs.Tee Member

Are the cartons nicer than the shakes?

My CDC said I couldn't have them for the first two weeks :(

5. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    I would suggest the choc tetra i only have them . I have always had them and thats all i have.
    Good Luck x

6. twopeas

twopeas New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have started Cambridge 4 times and just couldn't stick it.....!!

This time I'm on the plan!

I just have the cartons and get on with them fine if they are REALLY cold.

I wonder why you couldn't have them in your first week? Are you SS or SS+ ??:confused:

xxx

7. jessicacaca

jessicacaca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambrige
    The first one I ever had was the apple and cinnamon porridge, it was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my whole life! I thought, at that point, "If they all taste like this I can't do it".
    In fact, I now have filtered out the ones I don't like and am left with the ones I actually like.
    Chocolate, Butterscotch, and oriental chilli soup - all deelish!
    Good Luck with finding the ones you like , I am in my 5th week and if I can do it, anyone can xx

8. Mrs.Tee

Mrs.Tee Member

Thanks for the replies - I am on the SS and was told no cartons, bars or water flavourings for two weeks :( really hoping I can find something I like.

I can be really strict with myself but doubt I can stick with it if I hate all the products :(

9. kernowmum

kernowmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm on day 4, was told no bars for two weks but the cartons were OK. I did SS+ a year ago and had porridge just for a different texture. After a week I just could not eat the porridge and moved to shakes. Chocolate is nice with hot water :)

10. Erins yum mum

Erins yum mum Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.61%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, how are you getting on with the diet now, I was in the same position I can't stand the porridge!! If you are still struggling maybe you could ask your CDC for the tetras or the bars and explain it's the only way you c urself getting through the diet. I like others have been advised that the bars are ok after week 1

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.