New to CD - help

Hello all,

I'm on day 5 of CD and am in ketosis. Yay!
My problem is, I'm so not hungry that I'm struggling to drink the shakes and soups at all, just having a cup of tea fills me up all day.

Is there anyone else out there with any advice... I want to lose this weight healthily, and I'm starting to hate the diet already as I'm forcing the shakes down my neck.

I've never had this problem before, just the opposite in fact.

Thanks,
Toria

Have you tried them all and you dont like any of them? Have you tried the tetras, the chocolate tetra is LOVELY!! You need to get down ALL your shakes for your vitamins this is VERY important! Maybe you should have a word with your CDC. This diet consists of shakes soups porridge and bars and if you dont like any of them then this diet is going to be VERY hard for you :S xxx

I like most of them, it's just that I'm so not hungry that it's like force feeding myself.

It's quite scary... I'm going to keep going for the greater good, of course.

Thanks

Yep, I've been there (I've being doing this sooo long, on and off, I've been everywhere :D :rolleyes:).

You're probably a bit under the weather, hunni. Tetras and bars will help, cos they're smaller and don't take so much getting down.

And at times, I go right off tea on this diet and the only thing that tastes any good at all is water.

Don't think of your Cambridge products as food, think of them as medicine. Get one down your neck first thing in the morning so you've only got two more to go.

The feeling of not wanting them should pass in the next day or two.

Hugs x x

Have you tried tetras and bars, they are a lot easier to get down. You can also have them in smaller chunks, and spread them out throughout the day rather than forcing them down in one go.

Thanks Lily, the advice about medicine makes a lot of sense. I'm sure it's my body not used to so much liquid - I generally like starchy foods with little water.

I can't have tetras or bars for another week and a half, but I'll definitely give them a go. Thanks for your words of wisdom everyone.

Who said you can't have tetras? :confused:

You can have tetras from Day 1, hun.

Lily said:
Who said you can't have tetras? :confused:

You can have tetras from Day 1, hun.

I think this is common cuz when I started my CDC wouldn't let me have tetras for first 2 wks either ... only learnt from here that I was allowed!

Hey hun - you need all of the shakes 1 for nutritional value and secondly because if you dont the body will slip into starvation mode and it will retain weight, you need to eat to loose.

tbh it sounds like you might be a bit bored to me with your daily food routine, have you tried sipping through a straw or trying the shakes warm to add some variation? at the moment im addicted to a warm chocolate orange or mint shake in the evening ( all sipped thru a straw), maybe if you did a variation in your meals ie just added pepper or had soup in a mug as a opposed to a bowl or changed the order in which you have your meals that might help?
Victoria x

Last edited:
And try mix a mousse...its a life saver for me. When you get tetras, freeze a chocolate one, its just like ice cream!

Back