New to cd- ketostix??

Bundlesmummy

Hi I'm a newbie, am starting on Thursday.. Shock and nerves at the ready.. Does anyone on cd use ketostix as they go through the diet stages as they adapt or do you just trust it. I have a really unhealthy relationship with food, I'm hoping by stripping back and starting on bare ss I will be able to reintroduce and cope better.. I think that's the reason I've failed ww and sw before because I have too much choice and control and little willpower around food choices- I'm educated in nutrition so know what's good and bad.. An example I remember is doing ww and eating 3 bananas for an afternoon snack.. I'd never normally eat one let alone 3! But I was focusing soo much it was pushing me to think food all day.
Im planning to label my packets mon- sun and 1/2/3/4 put them in a drawer and then I have the control- if it doesn't come out the drawer I don't eat it.
Anyone else doing the cd for this reason or is it just me that has a food addiction? And emotions that overrule my brain

Ps I've put this as I'm doing ss for only 3 weeks and worried what will happen when I have to go back to real world eating again

I have a problem with food too.That's why I'm on sole source-because it takes food out of the equation.

I use the regular knowledge from ww etc in my daily diet.. Low fat spread, red milk etc but still I can't keep the weight down 2012 was my year for the gym. I went 2/3 times per week and in may completed the moonwalk marathon.. However I weigh more today than I ever have before ( except whilst pg) because I just don't cope very well with stress and my initial response to everything is food..
angry at family members comment-- eat food... anxious about dentist apt- eat food, nervous about fitting in at a new mums group with kids-- eat biscuits- stressed about meeting to discuss issues in work accounting.. Eat food it's on ggoings damn I wish I chewed my nails instead

Ah well, in that case, Cambridge is probably exactly the right plan for you. Because one of the first things you have to learn is how to deal with everyday pains without turning to our comforter of choice - food. And it's a revelation. The first thing you notice is how much more free time you have when you aren't eating all the time (or planning to eat or clearing away afterwards).

But the other thing that came as a surprise (to me, at least) is how easy that is to do, once you get past the first few days.

Welcome to the madness! :D

Oh, and just realised I didn't answer your question. I personally don't use Ketostix and would prefer to save my money for all the new clothes Im going to need very soon. But I know some people enjoy seeing their little sticks turn pink. :D Just a word of caution - they're not always 100% reliable. Some people never see a pink stick despite doing the diet 100% - that's because they measure the overspill of ketones in urine. Some people's bodies are very efficient at making and using ketones, so no spare ketones make it to their urine.

Mine always go dark even though I drink masses of water-I just like seeing it occasionally :)

I've just ordered some ketostix - cheapest I found are on Amazon. I am another one who takes some kind of perverse pleasure from seeing the stick turn pink - helps me stay on track. Also I know the sticks are always really dark for me, so know if they don't change colour then I have dropped out of ketosis!

Ooh how much were they on amazon?

£6.29 for 50. Why are you still awake? Lol

£6.29 for 50. Why are you still awake? Lol

Cooooossss my wages go into my bank at 2am and I pay all my bills as soon as it goes in LOL...why are YOU still awake?

I slept terribly last night - just didn't feel tired (and this is before starting!!!) Eventually got to sleep about 3.30 I think, then had to get up at 7.30 to get ready for my Cambridge appointment - d'oh!

Oh dear you'll be so tired today. Are you partying tonight?

No, staying home in the warm, sad person that I am!

So am I lol

Currently watching Princess Diaries 2 with my daughter, before packing her off to bed shortly. I would happily go straight to bed after myself, but know there is no point, I'll only end up lying there wide awake!

I'm wasting time on facebook :D

Back