New to CD - side effects

loulouless

Is a loser :)
Hi all,

I started CD last Monday and I am doing the shakes only and sticking to it 100%. I went yesterday to change a couple of the porridge meals as I really dont like them and decided whilst there to have an early weigh in and due to weather i would take enought for a week and then go back for a weigh in next Friday. I only lost a llb but just over 2" off my waist so somethings working.
I am experiencing some side effects, I have light headaches which are ok, I did lipotrim last year and lost 3 stone and recognised this as a side effect but the other side effect i am having is an upset stomach - has anyone experienced this and does it subside on cd on CE?
Lou

Hi, welcome to CD.
I did CD for 15 weeks last year and just started again.

The side effects differ for everyone, some are fine some like myself have a bad head for 3 days, some are constipated and some the other way.

It's hard to tell, before CD i had IBS but since Sept and i have been eating normally i haven't suffered much at all, it seems CD gave my insides time to heal and touch wood everything is great.

Back on now for another 12 weeks and then i'll see how i feel.

Jane

Hi Lou, I have read on here before that sometimes an upset tummy could be due to the high mineral content in the shakes. Some people half the shake and have it in 2 goes rather than in one hit so it's not as big a hit on the tummy. It's usually feeling a bit sick though not so much upset tummy but I have heard of that to. If you did LL before I would imagine you would have had the same effect then but if you didn't it's definately worth speaking to your cdc about it. The headaches sound the norm though and are quite common, just make sure you are drinking enough water. Good luck with it all, I hope it works out for you.

Hi.. I had this problem when I was doing Lipotrim but now Im on CD and its the opposite :eek: Its one of those side effects I think.. As others have said drink as much water as you can and try split the shakes instead of glugging them in 1 shot..

thanks for you feedback, i am now on day 9, wieghed in after a few days because of changing the porridge (ewww), still feeling a little sick as they are really sweet but managing ok, stomach up set has subsided and headaches, sticking 100% feeling positive and looking forward to my first proper weigh in.

After the 'cheeky' weigh in i was a little disheartened as i'd just lost 1 pound but because of this she measured me and i'd taken 2" off my waist and also I was due...

I'm sticking to this! 10 weeks firstly to see how I go :)

Motivation......holiday!

I started the CD yesterday and am having the shakes for brecky and dinner and soup for lunch. The shakes give me the runs lol, sorry to put it like that but they do! Has anyone else had this effect and does it get better? x

Back