NEW TO CD

Lulu77

Hi

I am on my first day of CD and it has going good so far!! I have a long road though and would like to hear from anyone who has a long journey of weight loss ahead of them or even behind them - all good for motivation!!

Hi honey, and welcome to minimins and well done so far . I have moved your thread into the Cambridge Diet section as you will probably get a lot more views/replies there x

Hi, i'm on my second day and have a very long way to go, but I know from my own experience this diet works! Stick with it hun x

Good luck Lulu - you'll soon find there is nothing as good as cambridge out there. Good luck on your journey x

Hi thanks for the messages need some advice if u can help would be great as driving myself mad !! Had 2 bars a day for four days this week and soup for tea and have lost nothing was totm as well but thought it would catch itself up lost 10 lbs in week one and 5.5 in week 2 which was thrilled with but am gutted about this as weigh in on Monday and will be the same any ideas on why or what has happened ?? Are u allowed two bars in one day on ss ?? Thanks x

Good luck Lulu - you'll soon find there is nothing as good as cambridge out there. Good luck on your journey x

True that, I have tried all types of vlcd and I've decided nothing comes even close! Welcome to Minis and cd forum and goodluck.

Hi thanks for the messages need some advice if u can help would be great as driving myself mad !! Had 2 bars a day for four days this week and soup for tea and have lost nothing was totm as well but thought it would catch itself up lost 10 lbs in week one and 5.5 in week 2 which was thrilled with but am gutted about this as weigh in on Monday and will be the same any ideas on why or what has happened ?? Are u allowed two bars in one day on ss ?? Thanks x

Hi Lulu

Strictly speaking, you should only be having one bar a day - for a couple of reasons.
(1) Some of the bars are higher in carbs, so might lead to you getting the munchies and make you more likely to fall off the wagon
(2) The carb in some of them (not all of them - just the 'chewy ones - caramel, chocolate, chocolate orange and malt toffee) is actually more accurately a type of fibre called malitol - the same sort of stuff you find in sugar free chewing gum. That can lead to you having lots of wind and occasionally diarrhoea because the fibre literally sucks up water as it passes through you - sorry if that's TMI :D

But actually, I don't think either of the above have anything to do with your scales refusing to budge much this week. In fact, it's incredibly common for your weight to stabilise in week 3 or 4 (some people even see this happen in week 2) - just for a week. It's generally caused by water retention - your body's trying to work out what the hell you're doing to it, so holds on to water as an automatic protective response.

The good news - if you keep the faith and stay 100%, the scales will suddenly drop a couple of pounds over night. The bad news - this might not happen until Tuesday.

But it doesn't mean the diet's not working - it is. You're losing fat, but your emptying fat cells are filling up with water (at least, that's what many people believe). All of sudden, they'll let go of the water and just shrink, but they need to 'believe' that they won't need to fill up with fat again, LOL.

The trouble is (and I say this a lot), ordinary scales are stupid. They can't tell what sort of weight you've lost - they can't tell that you've lost fat but are holding on to water.

Hang in there, if you're doing the diet 100%, you cannot fail to lose weight! It just may not show up for a day or three...

I used to have a bar every day at lunch time for about 3 weeks, I had to stop as my tummy was not right and my weight loss was slow. Since I stopped the bars, tummy is fine, I go to the loo every day and weight is going down :0)

Should really not start the bars until week 3. Good luck I have a lot to lose also. I was thinking this week of not having any bars next week as I have been hungry last 3 days.

Back