Attack New to Dukan and Just a Few Questions

Mollie67

Hi

I am starting the Dukan Diet on Tuesday and just have a few questions after reading the book and then being confused with some things I have read on here.

Can I have pre-packed ham in the attack phase and if so does it have to be low fat?, also I have a joint of Gammon that needs cooking and eating, can that be used in the Attack Phase?

I have bought some 0 fat plan Greek Yoghurt and some Onken Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt to get me started, are these okay?

Tinned Mackerel in Tomato Sauce - my book says these are allowed, but it then says to stay away from Tomato Ketchup - that confuses me!, I also cannot see anything in the book about sugar free jelly or crystals, although I will be very happy if I can have these :)

Anyway I'm sorry if these questions have been asked a million times before, but I just want to make sure I have everything right so that I don't mess up by eating something I thought I could.

I have around 28lb to lose, I did lose around 3 stone last year following WW and going to the gym regularly but have slowly put a stone of that back on and am ready to stay away from carbs and junk and get back into my exercising. The Dukan website tells me to follow Attack for 3 days and then Cruise and I should be at goal by the end of June - here's hoping!!.

Thanks for your help everyone

Mollie67 said:
Hi

I am starting the Dukan Diet on Tuesday and just have a few questions after reading the book and then being confused with some things I have read on here.

Can I have pre-packed ham in the attack phase and if so does it have to be low fat?, also I have a joint of Gammon that needs cooking and eating, can that be used in the Attack Phase?

I have bought some 0 fat plan Greek Yoghurt and some Onken Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt to get me started, are these okay?

Tinned Mackerel in Tomato Sauce - my book says these are allowed, but it then says to stay away from Tomato Ketchup - that confuses me!, I also cannot see anything in the book about sugar free jelly or crystals, although I will be very happy if I can have these :)

Anyway I'm sorry if these questions have been asked a million times before, but I just want to make sure I have everything right so that I don't mess up by eating something I thought I could.

I have around 28lb to lose, I did lose around 3 stone last year following WW and going to the gym regularly but have slowly put a stone of that back on and am ready to stay away from carbs and junk and get back into my exercising. The Dukan website tells me to follow Attack for 3 days and then Cruise and I should be at goal by the end of June - here's hoping!!.

Thanks for your help everyone

The pre-packed meat is a kinda, they tend to have alot of salt and non dukan friendly ingredients added, sugar, potato starch etc. The Gammon is a no, will be too salty and will lead to water retention.

Onken yogurts are a no, total 0% is really the only one i ever found acceptable.

Hartleys SF jelly crystals are fine, if made up into 4 portions u are allowed 3 a day.

Tomato ketchup has got alot of salt and sugar added to it, the tomato sauce with the mackerel probably hasnt.

Just watch out for added sugar and salt in foods, 'sugar free' and 'no added sugar' are a bit decieving. The attack stage is quite plain and boring and you're probably bette off bulk cooking a load of chicken and fresh meats that are allowed rather than using pre-packed/cooked ones

Best for your pocket and your waistline to stick to supermarkets own fat free natural yoghurt - you can sweeten these and flavour to your own taste.

I'd avoid pre-packed ham unless you are out and about haven't got something with you - although best plan would be too prepare, prepare and prepare some more - organisation is key

The gammon is a no-no....leave it in the freezer 'til after dukan if the sell by date will allow, or give it away.

I can't remember what the official line is on mackeral in tomato sauce....but I'd say limit it to be pv days only (that's what I would do) as essentially pp days/attack should include no veggies

hope this helps - best of luck with your journey x

Back