New to Dukan diet

This mornings weigh was same as yesterday therefore on my first week of cruise have lost a further 4oz. Very sad about the whole thing really as I find the diet really easy to do and have stuck to other that some feta last night. Done my measurements and lost a 12cm in total over waist/chest/arms/thighs/hips.

Although I find it mega easy to do, the losses just are not that great. I will give one more week and if losses are still poor will probably change :(

Last night was so uncomfortable in my trousers that cut the blood supply off at my stomach. I'm so in "the zone" yet getting nowhere really.

Anyone else not seen dukan working for them ?

Hi purpleflower, I've done Dukan diet a few times and just wanted to reassure you that it is common to have a disappointing loss either weeks 2 or 3, so I would recommend seeing it through another week, cut out your tolerated items and eat clean protein and plenty of water and you should see a nice loss next week :) xx

Hey purple,

sorry to hear your not getting the results you were looking for :(

I haven't really got any advice because every time I've don't the dukan it's always worked for me.

I am a great believer though in that different diets don't always work for different people. I joined weight watchers once & gained 3lb in my first week!!! So I've never been there again.

You sound so in the zone though, which is fantastic cos if that was me I would just be really wazzed off and not in the zone.

As you say try another week if you can and maybe you will see the results you were aiming for.

xxxxx

Thanks guys,I'm totally staying positive !

Sent from my iPad

Pp menu today:

B- galette with 0% vanilla yogurt
L- sponge and vanilla cream
D- scallops and prawns
Drinks - 1l water, can of Pepsi max
Snacks -Greek yog

Not felt my best today,completely tired. Spent 4 hours asleep
Made some tikka chicken burgers with dip,will see how they are tomorrow !

Weight this morning down half a pound ,although I'm not sure how accurate it is as I was unwell last night

Today's pv day :

B-galette with vanilla yog
L-homemade tikka chicken burgers with yogurt dip (yum). Cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes
D- pre packed chicken slices,smoked salmon slices,tikka chicken burger. Vanilla yog
Snacks - cherry toms,yogurt
Drinks-2+litres water with cambridge flavouring,2 cans Pepsi max

Sent from my iPad

Great work purple & great half pound off!!!!! Chicken tikka burgers sound lush....you made me laugh with your expression ball ache!!! Especially talking about shred :) :) I say that and not many people I know do...... Great minds think alike!!!

Xx

Pp day:

B -galette with yog
L-prepacked thin chicken and 2 tikka chicken burgers with dip
Dinner- 4 low fat sausages,2 rashes halal turkey bacon. Smidge of mustard
Snacks - yogurt
Drinks -3l water with Camb flavouring , skim milk latte coffee with almond extract flavour , can Pepsi max

Felt really hungry past two days

Weight this morning was same as yesterday 12.10-2

Sent from my iPad

+ further can of Pepsi max today

Having a really down day with the whole thing now gained this morning :((

Sorry to hear that purple...big hug...it's totally rubbish when your not eating the right things or not in the zone...but 100 times worse when your following the rules 100% and still not losing :(

when I'm wazzed off I turn to food or drink or 9 times out of 10 both! That is one of the reasons why I yo-yo.....so my advice is the worst possible advice.....

see how your feeling tomorrow & don't write off your loss to date....you've done fab! :)

xxxx

Today's Pv day :

B- galette with yogurt
L- chicken breast ,parsnip crisp. Yeo valley 0% fat yog with camb flavour
T-omlette with cherry toms /courgettes/onion and spice. Few sprays of frylite
Drinks. 2 can Pepsi max ,2.6-3.2l water with camb flavour

Felt real hungry today ,I feel absolutely massive

Honestly chin up! I found the first time I did dukan my body took a while to get used to lack of carbs ( probs 4 weeks) but when it did it fell off! Up the water and try no fiZzy drinks as I hear that stalls loads of people! Xx

Hi purple flower, I did dukan 3 years ago and weirdly with me whenever I had a day where I ate dairy I.e yoghurt at 0% fat I either stayed the same or put on! I started cutting out dairy and suddenly had massive loses. Turns out I had an intolerance to it that I didn't realise. I notice you eat it most days so maybe worth cutting it for a couple of days to see if it has an effect?

Oh yes and also with what madmission said about fizzy drinks - I don't lose as much if I'm drinking them. No idea why, it might be coincidence but there generally aren't any!

Thanks for info. I will take on board for next few days

Hello there Purple,

I do feel your pain... as the other ladies have said, try cutting out the fizz... also I see sausages, feta, and quite a lot of pre packaged meats/smoked salmon etc which tend to be full of salt and artificial flavours. One thing, this Cambridge flavouring you're adding to your water: what's in it?

Otherwise, I feel you could be eating MORE... but of the home made stuffs! You make some excellent dishes! Many say they had great losses after, say, eating a whole roast chicken (minus skin) over the course of a day. Also be sure to drink plenty of water. Are you exercising at all? Nothing strenuous required, just keep moving...

Try some fish perhaps in your menus to liven things up. Batch cook at weekends to have easy food ready to hand during the week when we're busier.

We will beat this block!! Also, if you were on Cambrridge immediately prior to Dukan, you'll not see the mega water losses most of us see at the outset cos you'd have already lost that.

Chin up. Smile. And we'll help you get there!

x

Good luck today, Purple!

What'cha Eatin'?

Hiya purple!

Found your diary at last: my fault for not checking up recently!

So, your menus look great, but there are a couple of things to watch out for as they might be causing the gain/STS.

I would think that it's mostly water retention as i see a few foods that have higher salt content: smoked salmon, ham, sausage (I think), perhaps the seafood, and possibly also the pre packaged meats (I bet they add heaps of salt!). In the long run the weight will still come off with these, but to see faster results I suggest eating lots of diuretic veg to flush the salt (asparagus, cabbage, cucumber... ) And try and eat more tuna, tofu, eggs, plain chicken, etc. which should have lower salt.

The other thing to be careful of is the yoghurts: even the vanilla ones have plenty of sugar if you check the label. You should be aiming at 5-6% carb content, but sadly most flavored yoghurts - especially the fat free ones - seem to contain 12-16%. So for faster results, and to stay in keto, I'd go for plain, unsweetened yoghurt (like total 0%) and add your own flavorings and sweetener.

Just my advice, anyways :)

Good luck!

Cx

Back