New to Dukan

cassyfran

Hi, my name is Cassidy and I'm 29, I've started the Dukan today, looking to do 10 days of attack and see how I get on!! I've got roughly 3 stone to lose so hopefully this will help, have trie every other diet u can think of!! I've just had a cinnamon Galette and it was errr.... Different lol

Btw I'm 5ft 9 and carry most of the weight round my middle, I've got thin legs and arms and a normal sized bum!! Very annoying I lost 22 lb a while ago on sw an managed to keep it all off,just need to shift the last bit
I had a look on the website and it says I should aim for 11st 9 lb

Good luck! I've been doing attack for a week and have three days to go. Had lost 5 pounds by yesterday morning so feel very happy. I've attempted one gallette and failed as well. Now sticking to oat bran porridge instead!

It took me at least 10 to get the galette right! I only stuck with it because pancake day was coming up!

I cried after my first galette! My other half took pity on me and made me another!

Now I stick to muffins! (Same recipe, separate the eggs... see p.1 of recipe thread!). I make 12 at a go (four days' bran) and freeze!

Maintainer said:
I cried after my first galette! My other half took pity on me and made me another!

Now I stick to muffins! (Same recipe, separate the eggs... see p.1 of recipe thread!). I make 12 at a go (four days' bran) and freeze!

Oh dear, it was edible just a bit "eggy" for my liking!! Think I will have to try the muffins, sound good thanks xx

Hi Cassy,

I just started attack today too. I have around four stone to lose.i found the gallette not too bad but I'm going to get a better non stick pan so I can make them really thin and usecthem as wraps. Good luck!

Karen x

Muffins and silicon muffin tins are the way to go!

Hiya! i'm 27 started yesterday although I have twice as much as you to lose! Stil Waiting for my oatbran to arrive so will let you know how gallette goes lol! I had lean ham chopped up in scrambled egg this morning (1yolk 2 whites and drop skimmed milk) and was yummy! :) Lost 5lb since yesterday so like you feeling quite motivated yey!

How's it going Cassy?

Hi maintainer, thanks for asking, I'm doing really well, day 4 of attack nearly over and 4.5lb down already- well chuffed ! Just not sure how long to do attack for? I'm finding it relatively simple at the mo!

Would you fill in your User Cp (top of page, in blue strip) so that we can see your weight, height and age? All important!

For the length of your attack period, I'd stop after five if I were you. ie move onto Cruise on Saturday with some nice fresh veggies and salad (keeping protein the major component of your plate, nonetheless).

To calculate your "true weight", a weight that you can really hope to stabilise and maintain for life based on many factors and not just BMI, go to the official Dukan site and use their calculator (you'll need an email address you don't mind receiving spam at!).

Do you have a diary? (I forget sorry!). If not, get one open, share your thoughts, and post your menus in the daily menu thread please!

Welcome again :D

Welcome Cassy!

I find the galette a bit eggy too - using just the egg white makes it less-so, I think.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to Dukan too!
I started the Attack phase yesterday, and was feeling pretty fuzzy by evening. I've got to work today so hope I cope a bit better today.

I did lose just under 1lb already though! (although I work in kg so my calculation might be a bit dodgy). My partner is also doing the diet with me, and he didn't lose anything so I must try not to gloat.

I'd like to lose about 35lb in total, so it's going to be a long battle.

Just another three and a half days til I can have veggies again... yay!

Today is my first day on Dukan (first time) - all prepared with everything and only have meat etc in the house so cant afford (literally!) for any slip ups!

Diet so far has been;
Breakfast - Oat bran mixed in some natural yogurt and a cup of tea
Lunch - A mackerel fillet with 5 slices of ham and cottage cheese, can of fanta
Tea - going to do frying steak with a dukan peppercorn sauce and some form of DF salmon souffle!

Had 2 litres of water today already, does anyone think this is too much?

Today is my first day on Dukan (first time) - all prepared with everything and only have meat etc in the house so cant afford (literally!) for any slip ups!

Diet so far has been;
Breakfast - Oat bran mixed in some natural yogurt and a cup of tea
Lunch - A mackerel fillet with 5 slices of ham and cottage cheese, can of fanta
Tea - going to do frying steak with a dukan peppercorn sauce and some form of DF salmon souffle!

Had 2 litres of water today already, does anyone think this is too much?

Hi there.

2 litres of water should be fine, but the Fanta isn't, unfortunately. The fizzy drinks need to be a maximum of 1 calorie per glass and no fruit. Diet Coke is okay, though.

It was diet fanta? Thought that was ok?

Unfortunately not. Only diet drinks with less than one calorie per glass and NO FRUIT... stick to Diet Coke.

Back