New to Dukan

Unfortunately not. Only diet drinks with less than one calorie per glass and NO FRUIT... stick to Diet Coke.

Ok, thanks alot for that. thats maybe why I only lost 1/2 lb this morning. :cry:

Hey that's a start, and you're not a heavy weight now so you won't see the humungous losses other heavier people might see.

So, what's on the menu today? (If I can advise slightly, I'd stay away from ham in those quantities too... very salty)

Today on the menu - (feel life a specials chef!)

B - Natural yog, sweetended. Cup of tea
L - 2 Turkey slices with creme friache and mustard
Mackerel fillet
Vanilla yog
D - Beef burgers made with oat bran and egg

How does that sound? Going swimming too tonight.

I shall presume the dairy is fat free (or close)? Which brand vanilla yog? I see you're opening packages again for lunch which is fine, but can cause water retention for some with the salt. Can you plan ahead for tomorrow to have something cooked? Not always easy I know. I do a lot of food prep at the weekend, and freeze in little packages! I even label them now, after a few "mystery lunches"!

I'm having burgers tonight but I'd not waste my oatbran in them for love nor money!!

Great re swimming!!

Yeah definately all fat free :) I mostly use ASDA and Tesco for food, they do a great range of fat free dairy. So the vanilla yogs are 18p each which is great!

I hear what your saying about packets of meat, may try and get a joint to cook at weekend (perhaps turkey crown). Tend to eat more of the good stuff though!

I love the idea of frozen little packages, had the same experience a few years back with a surprise pie! Turned out to be chicken and mushroom! Yummy!

I have a question as well, on the Dukan website it says 3 days for my attack, do you think I should stick to this, I was thinking of doing 5? Just because my weight has been so stagnant for so long and want a real kick start!

"In my day", five was the norm... but he has since revised his thoughts because he saw very little difference in weight loss of dieters on his official site UNLESS they had a heck of a lot to lose at the outset. So three days gets you into ketosis, and then your intestines will be so grateful for some greenery ;)

I make turkey meatloaf... lean steak haché meatloaf... slice them up into, say 100g slices, and have one of each for lunch. We also find we're marinating a lot (and garlic and ginger are now a prerequisite for me in everything!!)... and so I cook cubes of marinated meat and freeze them. I like little packages so as to have several for variety!

Yes roast beef... roast turkey... roast up a chicken and portion it and freeze. Boil some eggs so that you've always something to hand... frozen sea food, prawns etc are always handy and defrost quick.

Are the vanilla yogurts sugar free too?
Only asking as not seen any cheap ones fit the bill before.

Do you know, I've not even looked!!!!!! I will check as soon as I'm home. They are ASDA own brand but not smart price and say fat free vanilla yogurt.

Will feel very silly if they aren't! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dont think the link works. its a pack of 4 - claiming to be vanilla fat free chosen by you. got 8 for £1.50

Ouch on the carbs (17g)... definitely not for Dukan!

I recommend buying a magnifying glass for these darned food labels...

Typical values
Per pot
Energy
409kJ
97kcal
Protein 4.3g
Carbohydrate 17.1g
of which sugars 14.4g
Fat 0.6g
of which saturates Nil
Fibre 2.9g
Sodium 0.06g
equivalent as salt 0.2g

I'll have to give away tonight :( Glad they were cheap!
What should the carbs be roughly per 100g?

I think I will move to france to have you coach me the ways of the Dukan! (or perhaps read the book a bit closer!)

For comparison, this is the one he recommends freely in France...

Quantité : pot de 125 g (ou ml)
Calories : 52 kCal
Protein : 5.7 g
Lipides : 0 g
Carbs : 5.8 g

Ok thanks. I would be wondering why I havent lost weight! Bloody Yogurts!

Muller lite vanilla is probably the closest you find in the UK, but remember the pots are double size.

Typical nutritional values per 100g:
Energy - 212kJ - 50kcal
Protein - 4.3g
Carbohydrate - 7.3g - of which sugars 6.8g - sugars naturally from milk 4.4g
Fat - 0.1g - of which saturates 0.1g
Fibre - Trace
Sodium - 0.1g
Calcium - 135mg

Or else buy fat free plain and flavour yourself.

With yogurt low fat natural is best and you can add sweetner, vanilla, coffee, cinnamon etc yourself so you know you dont have any nasties in there. It also works out pretty cheap this way, and you can put some in small tuppaware to transport for work - or leave a pot in the fridge at work.

Otherwise for more portable options some have muller lites vanilla or toffee, I've used the weight watchers ones to no bad affect.

I gave Scrumps one of these French things when she visited me last week, so we'll have to see what she thought of them. The texture is sooo different to a Muller Lite... I like them, mind. (Fortunately!)

Back