New to Forums and New to Exante...

xxOSuexx

Hi,

I'm totally new to this but thought the forum may help me keep focused on my goal.

I would welcome any advice at all regarding keeping on the straight and narrow during the four weeks I need to do the Total Solution diet.

I have eaten my way through the last year and am so sick to death of food that right now I don't care if I never have to eat any ever again. However, I know that by Tuesday I will be desperate to eat anything at all!

Just ordered my first four weeks worth of shakes which should arrive Monday. Thought I would mentally prepare myself over the weekend and cut down on carbs so I don't have too much of a bumpy start.

If any other newbies would like to pal up with me so we can encourage each other, please let me know cos I think it's going to be tough doing it alone. Previously I've done Lighter Life Lite, and Atkins, both with success. This time though, I feel I need a break from food for a while as it has begun to occupy all my thoughts! I also hate shopping!

Help... Sue

Hey Sue!

Im just about to start exante at the weekend too! Have the stuff already, but changing over from Cambridge to exante as soon as my cambridge runs out (sunday!). Had a pretty awful last week, completely fell off the wagon and had a few bottles of wine throughout the week (eek!) but back on it 100% now and looking forward to exante! Had one of the bars early the other day as wanted to try them and they are well tasty!

I've been doing Cambridge for a month, it's been pretty hard as never done a diet like this before, but it's so much more effective than a conventional diet, so im trying to be determined!!

I've just joined the forum too, as figured without the Cambridge consultant I could come here for support instead!

Good luck when you start! :)

Hi, one thing i also found helped me was cutting out diet coke before i started the diet as well... thats if you drink it that is :)

Welcome Sue , Im on day 10 and did cambridge before this too , but stopped and weight came back on . Exante is a lot cheaper than CD and I think the shakes and soup are much nicer. I cut down on the carbs before I started too and drank more water , good luck on monday and keep on posting your progress on here.
I come on here every day to read others posts, pick up tips and record my own progress . Back in the zone now so I know Im going to get this weight off.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone, it helps to know it's not just me going through this on my own! Looking forward to being slimmer and feeling really positive at the moment. I really want to lose a stone before the end of March for my hols. Why is it so easy to put on but so difficult to get off? I have put on a stone and a half since the middle of June without even trying!

Sue x

Hi Sue, Like you I have had success with Lighterlife but have put a couple of stone back on but not the whole 5 stone, phew! I am into my second week of Exante TS and have lost 9 pounds so far yey...betta off than on! I also found a website where I can order the Lighterlife mousse to make jelly/(shake)mousses, the little jellies kept me going when I wanted to give up plus I drink a lot of soda water with the fruit mix to give it some fizz but I know that's not to everyone's taste. I also joined here for some moral support and am inspired by the positive attitudes and weight losses. I love the shakes but prefer the Exante soups and add pepper or tabasco sauce to flavour. I also have 4 sachets a day just like LL. I keep looking at my clothes hanging in the wardrobe and waiting for the day I can slip back into them, hopefully not too faraway! I'm sure you will sail through yr first week. Mel

Last edited:
Hello and welcome - i am only just starting week two so am new to all of this to! I am on the shakes and bars but craving warmness so will try the soups next time :) what do you think of the shakes?

Maizie x

Hi Sue, I'm new too. I'm currently on day 2 of week 2 and I was exactly like you when I started, I couldn't stand the sight of food and could have quite happily not eaten again...so I used it to my advantage and started on this. I've found it good so far, never really been hungry, kinda found the soups and shakes a bit bloating so I am currently splitting them into two servings as suggested by another member of the forum and this has really helped!!

I faced my first test last night when I got a bit stressed out and wound up, usually a time when I would reach for food, but instead I did 50 sit ups lol, it really helped dispel some of the negative energy.

Good luck with it, sure u will do great!!xx

Hiya, Im new to exante too, done Lighterlife and Cambridge. Lost 3 stone with Lighterlife (but two more needed to come off) I fell off the wagon with it and found it too expensive in the end. Moved onto Cambridge a few months later lost about 10lbs but then stopped sticking to it fully, before I knew it was xmas so had a month 'off' I regained about 8lbs and now Im hoping to shift as much as possible before my holiday at end of march, Ive bought the bikinis! Ill be wearing them but it might be underneath t-shirts depending on how well I do!
oh and..Im hungry!! eeek

Newbie here too, good luck everyone.

I have tried exante before but wasnt in right frame of mind xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm new too. Just on my second day. I have given CD a go before but never really connected with my consultants, so always gave up. I usually find the second day the hardest, but ive been fine today :) i really like the shakes, and the bars are ok. I prefer the one with the rasins in, as i pick them all out and eat them last! Yum! :) I also love the variety of drinks i can have too. I get very bored of just water, but im enjoying the flavoured water and that Marigolds swiss vegetable stock. Yummy!!! :)

I wish you all the very best in your exante journeys :)

Ria. X

Hi I am also new to Exante and forums. I am on day 6 of my 1st week. Most of it has been fine and i've not felt hungry except when i have been fed up or got stressed as this is when i usually turn to food. I have reminded myself of why i want to lose weight (August hols. & size 12 leather motorbike trousers to get into!) I have tried almost every diet going including lighter life but it has gradually crept back on. I am also sick of food at the moment as sometimes trying to decide what to eat & and what not to eat makes my head spin! I am looking forward to seeing my 1st weeks weight loss!

Hello!

I too am new to forums and new to exante. gong on a meal replacement was a massive decision for me,i feel like it kind of goes against my better judgement, when i look at the list of unnatural ingredients on the food label. BUT i have found encouragement in all the positive things you guys have to say about the diet and am looking forward to food being out of the picture for a while. i have been suffering with bulimia for years now and am finding it difficult to build up the courage to seek help...its physically and emotionally exhausting, a vicious circle of guilt. i know that a meal replacement diet isn't the answer to my problem but i'm hoping it will help me to re asses my relationship with food, and of course loose the pesky wight i'm carrying.

all in all its day one and it feels like a fresh start :)

Hi everyone
I am new to forum aswell as exante. Have not got a clue how to create a diary or find my way around the site - i am a definate newbie!
Day 1 OMG what have i done was my first thought of no food for at least 4 wks - then i gave myself a talking to! We can do this! One & one bar down ! Bring it on !

Hi Maizie I drink bouillion inbetween , its helps like you say when you need something warm . Its about £1.90 from asda or sainsburys . Marigold Buillion Vegtable Stock reduced salt one you need .

Hi,
It feels good to have support, albeit the cyber-type. I used to enjoy the LL meetings but they did become repetitive after a while.
Now on day four and feeling pretty hungry. Not sure if this is psychological or not, but my tummy won't stop rumbling. lol.
Still, not fallen off the wagon yet so hopefully can make it through at least to the end of my first four weeks!
Thanks everyone for your comments.
I haven't tried the bars yet but they sound okay. Might order some just so I can have one in my handbag in case of emergencies - or is this the beginning of a slippery slope??
Sue x

xxOSuexx said:
Hi,
It feels good to have support, albeit the cyber-type. I used to enjoy the LL meetings but they did become repetitive after a while.
Now on day four and feeling pretty hungry. Not sure if this is psychological or not, but my tummy won't stop rumbling. lol.
Still, not fallen off the wagon yet so hopefully can make it through at least to the end of my first four weeks!
Thanks everyone for your comments.
I haven't tried the bars yet but they sound okay. Might order some just so I can have one in my handbag in case of emergencies - or is this the beginning of a slippery slope??
Sue x

I had 2 bars today... The tesco ones... They're too yummy!! Will have to be saved for special occasions I think otherwise I'll be too tempted to snaffle the lot! Lol!

Be careful with the tesco bars thry will affect ketosis as they are not hi protein, low carb, go for the atkins advantage instead or if desperate eat protein ie chicken x

juliebags said:
Be careful with the tesco bars thry will affect ketosis as they are not hi protein, low carb, go for the atkins advantage instead or if desperate eat protein ie chicken x

I don't trust myself to eat anything!! Not sure I could stop!! Will have a look at the Atkins bars, although I thought the tesco's bars were supposed to be the closest to exante bars... I won't have two in a day though again, they are now solely for dinner times - banana shake for brekkie, porridge for lunch, bar for dinner! That's me for the next few months! x

Back