New to Lighterlife

Day 13 for me today! WI tomorrow, kinda looking forward to it, however, I had a sneaky weigh on my home scales and they show no loss! I'm not weighing on them again! I could understand if I'd been naughty! I will see what LLC's scales say and let you know tomorrow.

Hi Tash,

Time is going quickly so that is good :) ! Remember a similar thing happened with me I had a really small loss on week 2 and then a big one week three, it all evens out so don't lose faith! X

Day 5 over for me and doing good even went to gym today and did a little jog. Roll on WI on Saturday. Glad to hear you 2 are doing well.

Feeling really rubbish today! I know I'm doing well and am pleased with my loss so far but I am coming to the realisation of how big I have got. Can't believe I let myself go this much! Never again I'm so determined to lose this weight and keep it off

Feeling really rubbish today! I know I'm doing well and am pleased with my loss so far but I am coming to the realisation of how big I have got. Can't believe I let myself go this much! Never again I'm so determined to lose this weight and keep it off

We're all in the same boat... I know it's depressing... it's amazing how much we talk ourselves into overeating and indulging a bit more without really thinking of the consequences... along with just too much denial!

BUT, take this as a positive thing. You are doing something about it. You are helping yourself be happier. We are all learning along the way. :D

Don't look at ketostix for "ketosis" .. they're unreliable. My "ketostix" always showed that I wasn't in ketosis. ... what counts is ketones in your blood NOT in your urine. So don't worry about it too much. :) Plus, you'll be losing weight as long as you're following the plan!

Well done on the fabulous 2lb loss!! :D

x

Thanks Minerva! :) I'm glad to know it's not just me then! I felt a bit guilty when it didn't change, even though I know I've been 100%. I started to wonder if I'd eaten something I didn't know about. Maybe sleep eating!

Hey Tash,

Doing well :) today is day 28 on the diet so that is a good feeling. WI tomorrow so we will see what the first month has brought. 2 pounds to go until the first stone!

How are you doing? X

Oooh, exciting! Officially a month down, that must feel good!

I've been fine with it so far. I've got a weeding coming up, two weeks today, and although I wouldn't say I'm 'stressing' about it, I have been thinking about the 'food' issue. I think I'm going to eat as I'm having a meal paid for me and I think it would be extremely rude to turn it down and then ask the restaurant to prepare my soup! (Also, I want a sneaky drink!)

I don't know what others have done/would do in this sort of situation?

Hi Tash,

It's not really worth having the entire day off - you can stick to allowed foods. With heavy carbohydrates and alcohol you risk kicking yourself out of ketosis and then have to go through the withdrawal again which is nasty. HOWEVER, you can easily have some 'real' food - stick to some grilled meat (no sauces), so think a plain piece of chicken/fish etc and salad (no dressing if possible - ask for it on the side). You may have some vegetables. Having a meal off doesn't mean you will do your diet any harm, so long as you are sensible. :) That's why Lighter Life Lite still works (3 packs + meal). Stick to low carb and you're onto a winner! if in doubt ask your LLC for the LLLite booklet to get an idea of what is allowed - or have a look at Slim&Save (or other VLCD diets) brochures as most of them offer the 3 pack - 1 meal options.
Alcohol is a no-no as it can be dangerous to have when you're in a ketogenic state. :)

And well done Tess! A whole month and nearly a whole stone lighter!! Wishing you all the best at your Wi tomorrow! :D

I have a similar thing I'm going to a wedding in June and I will eat just will be healthy and have meat and Vedg. Hopefully will be easily done !

It sounds easy and in theory it is. When it's in front of you - it's not. But it's all about strengthening that willpower muscle for the future! I view it as a mini-challenge, it's all good practice for when we're maintaining. :)

Though also remember: if you DO come off the diet for the day - do NOT think it's a failure. It's a LEARNING CURVE. Get back on the plan the next day and damage will be minimal. It's all about learning and moving on! :D

Thank you for the advice Minerva, very helpful! I didn't know about the dangers of alcohol while in ketosis but it makes perfect sense. I think I can cope with the one meal that's been paid for as apposed to having the whole day off, I worry it would be harder to restart in that case. I will report back when the wedding has been and gone!

Also, anyone given blood whilst on LL?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I lost 10lbs so really pleased! How did u do tess? X

Hey all,

Lost 3 pounds this week so very pleased I feel soo motivated!

Wow 10 pounds is amazing well done Gemma you must feel amazing!!

Tess :)

Back