New to Lighterlife

Not too bad thanks :)

I've got this wedding coming up on Saturday, I still haven't made any decisions as to whether to eat or not.

Well done girls!! Some great losses!! :D :D :D

I had my full week of eating "real food" (sticking to lean protein and a bit of veg + calorie counting - no packs) and lost 3lb. :)

So Tash to put your mind at ease, you can still lose weight if you eat on Saturday as long as you're sensible! So lean plain meat (maybe a tiny bit of sauce - like a teaspoon) and steamed veg and salad (no dressing).
The only thing you then need to think about how eating 'off' the packs will affect you mentally. Physically shouldn't do a thing. But it's the mental bit that a VLCD is trying to fix. Are you an all or nothing kind of person? Will a meal/day off make you derail for the rest of the week? Or could this be a learning exercise of how to eat/maintain in the future?
Have a think, do a small self-exercise and write down your thoughts and feelings about coming off plan vs. staying on plan. Pro's and Con's.

:)

x

Min you are good, you could be a counsellor yourself!

I've just been thinking and I've lost 1 stone 4 in 5 weeks on the plan and I know that is alot of weight but is this slow considering it is LL and a vlcd??

Thanks for the advice Minerva, I think I do better when I'm 'all or nothing' but there will come a point when I do have to have 'real' food again so I might just treat it as a little test, if you like. I suppose I worry that I won't snap back into the program straight away, and I might keep being off plan all weekend. However, I guess that cus I know my next LL meeting will be only days away hopefully it spurs me on to stay on the straight and narrow. We shall see.

Tess - your loss is normal for a VLCD :) If you put it down to calories, they're all relatively the same. There is no faster way to lose, no difference between LL or SnS or Cambridge. Just with LL you get the extra of the counselling. :D

Tash - as long as you know what your 'mature' head (rather than the 'rebellious child') would tell you and then follow it, you'll be ok. Of all the exercises LL did, I think the one that did help me most was to identify the rebellious child. The "but I waaannaaaaa" monster - and the ability to separate that unruly child away from my own decisions.
Give it a name ... let's say ... "Gary". He always wants to eat. He wants the 'naughty' things. He looks a little bit like a gremlin. ... See where he pops up and maybe next time you can just say ... "No Gary, not today".

Sounds silly, but in a weird way, it does work! :p

Hey ladies!

Sorry haven't posted in a few days have been really busy!

Plan is still going really well have got myself into a great routine. People are really starting to notice I have lost weight which is a booster! Long way to go though but I'm hanging in there. I'm here for the long haul and I'm more determined than ever so my thoughts are only positive.

How is everyone doing?

Tess

Went to WI this morning and have lost 2 pounds. I feel like my weight loss is quite slow seeing as I have alot to lose. I still want to carry on with LL and am pleased I am loosing the weight it just seems fairly slow at 1 stone 6 pounds in 6 weeks when I'm not eating.

Any thoughts?

Well done on 2 lb :)

I have the same struggle - have a look at my signature for my weekly losses. I also think that my losses are very slow for the amount I'm eating - but lets put it this way:

A) It IS coming off.
B) It won't come off any faster conventionally.

I'm sticking to it because it's convenient and I don't have to count calories or worry about what I'm putting in my mouth... so what's the harm in carrying on? :) The "bad" things will remain bad whether I'm on a diet or not, at least the weight is coming off, right? :)

x

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, busy weekend! I went to my friend's wedding yesterday, it was really fantastic and of course, there was plenty of food. I basically stuck to chicken and salad for the meal with the exception of about 4 chips. And I had two chicken nuggets from the buffet. What a devil! Anyway, I have had such a painful, upset stomach today and therefore, getting back on plan has been a very welcome relief!

Well done with the loss Tess, I think you need to hang in there, you never know what next week will bring, and like Min said, conventional diets wouldn't do much better than your losses so far! Think about how much you've lost in total in how much time, and that is quite amazing. It's disheartening when it feels like such a little loss for what you're doing but I think that's when the measurements can be most motivating.

Wow! 5lbs is incredible! Isn't it funny how we get weeks where it feels like a little loss and then a good one like that! I hope you get to the 2 stone mark next week! :)

I'm fine, plodding along well I think. It feels like I've been on the program for ages now, I can't really remember what I used to do at meal times before!

Thank you :) yeah it's so true but those big losses are so worth the wait! When is your next weigh I. Tash?

I know dosent it feel like forever we've been on it! Forgotten what it's like to eat haha xx

Next WI on Thursday. I love the motivation the group sessions and WI give, I think I would have given up by now if it wasn't for the fact someone else besides myself is looking at my weight each week!

I tell you what I really don't miss - going into the supermarket at the end of each day after work and deciding there and then what I want for dinner. When I'm extremely hungry! What an idiot!
In fact, I really don't miss going into the supermarket full stop. I think I've been into our local shop about 3 times in the last 5 weeks. Take that Waitrose!

WI was really good ta, 3lbs off! It was a very small group last night which was quite nice.

Like yourself Tess, I only need 3lb off to get to the 2 stone mark, I am absolutely desperate to get that off by next Thursday!

Lots more! My ticker says I've got 45 pounds to get down to my original goal, but I'm a bugger for trying to do more and more. Its very addictive, isn't it?
When I've got down to goal on previous diets, I always think, "I'll do another month and see what happens...". Inevitably I just end up getting bored and not stick to the maintenance part of the plan and then pilling EVERYTHING back on. So, this time I wont!

How much more would you like to lose?

Back