New to LL

Swanseacity123

Hi all,
Just started LL today, 3 food packs down and just a slight headache- i suffer terribly with headaches anyhow!

Nice to hear all the motivational stories as i have a lot to lose! :eek:

Any tips advice???

Hi nicola

Im on day three today and like you i suffer from headaches most of the time too.

I am finding most of the day i am ok but towards late afternoon i get a bad headache and i was in bed on the first day at 915pm lol.

I have been drinking lots of water around 3.5 litres because thats what my LLC had said helps during the first few days.

Been swinging from "i cant do this" one minute and then the next hour i feel like yeah i definitely can.

Hope your headache isnt too bad and nice to know we are at a similar stage.

Mandie xxx

Hi Mandie,
Good to hear you are ok! I have been fine today, so far have drunk 3 litres of water and had 3 food packs-not as bad tasting as i thought (but then its only day 1! lol). I'm not even really sure how to use this site so forgive me if i'm not too sure! Be good to keep updated, would i just post to this thread now as i am here?

I haven't had any feelings of doubt yet which is a big thing for me as always give up at the first hurdle so to speak when it comes to 'diets'. I did have a headache early afternoon, had a little lie down and felt better but to be honest i couldn't say it was LL as i get these daily anyhow. I'm hoping the next few days won't be too touch, i just visited my Mums and the children were all having sausages in rolls with onions and then apple pie and custard-i strangely did not crave anything-god i hope i can stick to this!

When do you have your first 'stop in' mine is Saturday so we shall see hey!

Good luck and hope to hear from u soon, keep me posted!

Welcome to the group girls and good luck on your losses!

I'm now nearly 12 weeks in and can confirm that the first 3 days are the worst, after that the energy and 'high' kicks in and it's far easier! x

Hey Hun. Which group do u go to? I live in Swansea. Xxxx

Hiya
I am in Carmarthen group although hubby is a MASSIVE swans fan hence the name! lol. How are u finding it? I have been great all day but as i'd expected now is the worst time of day for me-will be time for another pack soon mind! Saying that i'm so bloody full of drinking water i feel sick, had 3.5 litres so far which is LOADS for me as don't usually drink anything!

Good luck!

I've been going well. Lost 24lbs in 6 weeks but I'm on my hols now for two weeks so I'm dreading the damage I could do. Nevermind hey. Get straight back on it when I get back. Xxx good luck for your first week Hun. Xxx

Thanks! Where u off on hols? Will u be doing LL whilst away??
We are going on hols beginning of July-probably all inclusive-might bring food packs mind and just have one meal a day, not sure will see how it goes!

Thanks for the luck think i'll need it-worst time of night for me is now so just had a coffee with some vanilla in and then the shake! Feel fairly sick and tummy is rumbling but will carry on watch the soaps and have an early night!

Good luck, the first few days are difficult keep drinking the water it really helps. Look after yourself for these few days after that it's plain sailing, sure it will have some challenges but focus and you will get to where you need to be!

Also this site is full of amazing people with brilliant insights into how you can make this work the support is always there in your hour of need!

Look forward to hearing how you get on xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

welcome mandie and swansea123 goodluck on ur amazing journey x

Welcome Mandie and Nicola,

Bear with the first couple of days and it will all get better. WEll worth doing this to get the results and the counselling is phenominal. You need to take some thought about it, but the effort pays off.

Writing a diary is helpful as you can reflect on how you are doing and get support. Great community of girl on here who are ever ready to lend a hand.

Onwards and downwards x

Swanseacity123 said:
Thanks! Where u off on hols? Will u be doing LL whilst away??
We are going on hols beginning of July-probably all inclusive-might bring food packs mind and just have one meal a day, not sure will see how it goes!

Thanks for the luck think i'll need it-worst time of night for me is now so just had a coffee with some vanilla in and then the shake! Feel fairly sick and tummy is rumbling but will carry on watch the soaps and have an early night!

Hi Hun. Once you get into ketosis you'll be fine. I'm in turkey. I've come off the plan whilst I'm away. Will get straight back to it when I get home. Have a good week. Look forward to hearing how u do. Xxx

Awww thanks all! Bad start to the day so far-woke with the most astounding headache at 5.30am (not sleeping either!) but I uffer from migraines so was to be expected. I took my LLC's advice and took 2 x paracetemol, 2x ibuprofen and a black coffee at that ungodly hour then went back to bed-have woken feeling better (still slight headache but much more bearable now). The only thing is i feel as full as a bloody egg and haven't been able to stomach the porridge for brekkie so have forced down a strawberrry shake, porridge later then so it seems! LOL. I'm feeling better than I thought i would mind just hope next few days are ok too. Today I am going shopping and making job lots of lasagnes and shepherds pies for hubby and the student that lives with us as i've said i can't bear cooking every night when i'm not eating!

Thanks all, will keep you posted!
PS How do i get those ticker things?

Back