New to LT...

tubbylove

Hi all, Im about to start LT tomorrow and im feeling really nervous about the whole thing!! I have a friend who started 13 weeks ago and she's doing amazingly well :) I think im just a little worried that im not going to lose as well as im hoping, plus with the thought of food on my mind constantly anyway, how am i going to cope when im not even eating?!!! 2 years ago i started ww and lost 3 stone, but put 2 back on when i stopped. in september last year i started taking xenical prescribed through the docs which with the gym helped me to lose 2 stone. Now ive been stuck at around 13st since the beginning of the year, and have been feeling really optimistic about starting LT until today!!! does/did anybody else have these feelings? and how long until you felt more confident about the diet? I feel this site is really going to help!!!

Sian x

Hi Sian,
How you are feeling is completely normal :D you will be fine.The first 3/4 days are the worst, so drink plenty of water and keep yourself busy ;) You will have that few stone off in no time. Good luck.

I was apprehensive too but I started last Tuesday and after the first few days its getting easier. Definitely miss food but the weightloss spurs you on! Good luck x

Hi Sian

I find coming on here really helpful as you realise others go through what you're going through which somehow makes it so much easier!

Hi Sian

You'll do great, think of the benefits of the weight loss and it'll really spur you on to stick to it as the losses are so good, come on here to distract yourself too :) xx

Thankyou everyone :) im feeling kinda excited now thinking where i will be in the next few months! Even reading through the posts on here makes me feel more at ease. It sounds stupid but i just keep thinking i will never go any lower then i am now because i cant remember the last time i was any slimmer!! Oh well not long to go now, wish i could fast forward a few weeks lol xx

Hello love. I started lioptrim today....was so nerveous these past few days but now its come I feel really strong and ready to go for it. Shakes done taste as bad as I thought they would. Think its easier to do in this hot weather also. Good luck and maybe we could keep each other updated as its a new journey for the both of us???? X

Hi Lizabooboo, I'm glad your feeling positive about it :) well done for completing your first day. yes that would be nice, help each other along !! xx

Only me...let me know how today goes for you hun, the chocolate shakes r yum, vanilla strange taste at first but nice once u get past that, strawberry is ok lol xx

All I got was shakes, no bars. I got vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, didn't fancy the chicken flavour x

Afternoon all, started day 1 woohoo :) just sat enjoying a nice strawberry icey shake which is actually alright! Quite looking forward to trying the soup later. Went in today to get next weeks supply, ( its not open next Tue when I should be getting more) and got a few flapjacks to try for the second week but was warned that they're not to great :/ oh well I'm looking forward to trying those anyway! Hope everyone's day is going well xx

Hi Sian, I'm only one week in so I'm learning the same as you, but I can say that this place really helps heaps. There's some recipes too which help to alleviate the boredom if you have a look. I'm no way near adventurous as to try the baking ones but mixing cold coffee with the vanilla shake was lovely and I'm going to try cold peppermint tea with the chocolate later too. I also found that looking at photos when I was in my early 20s spurred me on, I was a size 10 back then and life was brilliant, those happy memories really help me focus on what I want to return to (size wise, sadly not the looks!).

Good luck with your first week :)

Hi jiggerz, how have you found your first week? I'm a bit worried about the middle of the week from what I've read!! Ooh the recipies sound interesting, where do I find those? The coffee and vanilla sounds really good :) cor wish I had a picture where I was size 10, think I would be about 12 years old lol xx

Hi Sian,

The first 3 days weren't too bad but day 4 was grim, very hungry, to the point I thought I might just give up, but this place kept me going. If you feel the same then just pop on here, read through the posts and you'll get the inspiration you need to keep on track, that and drink more water! At the top is a search option, just pop recipes in there and it'll bring loads up, there's even one for a muffin! I made a pot of freshly ground coffee yesterday, shoved it in the fridge and I'm doing 50/50 with water for in with the vanilla and the chocolate ones, lovely!

Haha, the photos are very old, but it's always nice to think of happy times as association is a good way of channeling focus.

So how are you doing so far?

Hello tubbylove hun. How has ur 1st day gone??? This is my 2nd day and I havnt craved anything but feeling very light headed atm. Xx

good evening :) yes the photo idea I think is great and as you said its a good focus. im yet to try vanilla and chocolate shakes, I had the soup for dinner with a bit of pepper in and I thought it tasted really nice just like chicken soup ( not that I would really no as im a veggie ;) ) but I have my coffee in the fridge for tomorrow ready to try with the vanilla shake. i will definitely have a look at the recipes they sound interesting!! Well today has been a great success, I think the fact It was non stop helped a great deal, although my journeys definitely doubled in time due to countless wee stops!!! I think I may have left the shakes a little to late today though, what sort of times do you take yours? my last one was at half 9 but tomorrow is a quieter day so im aiming to have my last shake around 6pm. and lizabooboo, im glad your second day has gone well, and I hope your light headedness goes by tomorrow. Now I feel prepared for what tomorrow may bring :) xxx

The chocolate shake is yummy tubbylove. I didn't want the soup ha ha. Yer I hope its goes soon too. Erm my schedual for the day is 1st shake at half 9, 2nd half 1 and 3rd half 5. Same issue with the wee stops lol, think I been going nearly every half hour to an hour, killer when u work on customer service desk and not allowed to leave it un-attended xx

oh no!! its awful isn't it?! I hope my body gets used to all this water soon!! xx

Back