New to Minimins and New to Lipotrim - Some advice please

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
Hi All,
I'm new to Minimins but used this site to help me make the decision to start Lipotrim after getting to that 'desperation' stage!!

From Sept 2008 - March 2009 I lost 10 stone doing the Lighterlife diet. I slimmed down to get married, and was so happy to have a size 14 wedding dress instead of a size 26!! Unfortunately, my bad habits returned with a vengence and i celebrated my 30th birthday 2 weeks ago at 16 stone 5, 5 stone heavier just one year later!!

So my husband and I have started Lipotrim and hopefully this time i can keep my bad habits well and truly under wraps!!

I'm after a bit of advice if anyone can help...
I'm finding that I am very hungry through the day, with a rumbling stomach and hunger pangs. I'm on day 11, shouldn't this have stopped by now??

The best tip i can give is to tell you to drink water, i mean loads of the stuff!! that should ease the hunger... Just keep positive and get through the next few days and the hunger should ease...! Good luck xx

Hi guys

Thank you both for your advice, the thing is i drink 4 litres of water a day and about another litre of green tea!! I dont think i could drink anymore......i can't stop peeing!! I even get up through the night, sometimes twice!

I can't stomach the shakes for too long, so make them with about 150ml of water and down them!!

I am remaining positive however, and see that goal insight!

Thanks again

Theres your problem, you are only having your shakes with 150ml water. You need to make them up with the minimum amount it states.

Again like the others, water water water but if you are already drinking 4litres more isnt guna do any good.

How about changing the times you have your shakes?
Trying out one of the 'flapjacks'?

Try black coffee with sweetner too :)

It doesnt really matter how much you mix the shakes up with. If you can't stomach them then thats no problem. Do the shakes as your doing and then drink half a glass of water straight after. That would be exactly the same.

Anyway. Im on day 7, and I've got the same rumbling feeling too. I'm hungry. No getting away from it as far as i can see. Only releif I've found is fat burners, which make me feel a little fuller than usual. Gotta make sure they dont contain any carbohydrates or calories though :)

It clearly makes a difference with how much water you make your shakes with otherwise there wouldnt be a minimum reccomendation!

How about splitting your shakes, you can make half a shake with half the min reccomendation of water and that should help with getting em down quicker too.

Nope, it actually doesn't make a difference what ammount of water you mix with the shakes. It's the same as with making a batch of moose. They give you a recomended ammount to mix it with but if you prefer it thicker or thinner it makes absolutely no difference. End of the day its all going inside your body, being processed in the exact same way, and being used in the exact same way. Ask your pharmacist next time you go.

The recomended is just how they recomend you to drink it. Thats why some people add more water, some people add less. If you don't beleive me, think about what your doing with the shakes. All ya gotta do is get them into your body and make sure you drink the ammount of water that they recomend each day. It wouldnt matter if you just ate the powder without adding the water, but it might be a bit difficult to swallow. haha

PS. Taken DIRECTLY from the lipotrim website...

Female Sachets

Remember: It is essential to have 3 female portions of Lipotrim each day. This can be 3 sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup) or 2 sachets plus 1 flapjack (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for not having a sachet.

1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 8 fluid ounces (just less than half a pint) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
  2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to approx 2 fluid ounces of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.
As you can see from this. you can add as little as 56ml. It makes no difference. :p

PS. Taken DIRECTLY from the lipotrim website...

Female Sachets

Remember: It is essential to have 3 female portions of Lipotrim each day. This can be 3 sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup) or 2 sachets plus 1 flapjack (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for not having a sachet.

1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 8 fluid ounces (just less than half a pint) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
  2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to approx 2 fluid ounces of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.
As you can see from this. you can add as little as 56ml. It makes no difference. :p

It states, atleast 8 fluid ounces - So there is a minimum right there for the shakes as a drink :) Thats around 200ml.

but using the same shake packet you can mix 56ml with it and it makes no difference. It even states to alter between what you find right for you :p haha. Lets aggree to disagree... though im right ;) haha

No really, your not.

It states at least 8 fluid ounces for a shake and 2 for a mouse.

They are the guidelines and they are there for a reason!

I'll agree to disagree but clearly i am right :)

Ah, but what if people just want to drink a watered down mouse? :p See. Ifs and buts though. Your a girl, in my experience your always right. lol

BTW. In the hints and tips section it actually says " Experiment and vary the amount of water you use as this will change the taste and texture." But I know your right being female. lmao

Oh, i dont take kindly to sexist 'jokes'. Women aren't always right but in this case one is.

Follow the rules or risk not losing what they say you should lose on average.

I really mean it when i say this... Sorry. I didn't mean it in any sort of sexist joke way. But honestly. Dont beleive everything you read on the tin. They say DO NOT ADD ANYTHING to the soups. You can clearly see that lots of people on here are and that its working. It says dont take anything while on these shaes, I am and am happily continuing to loose as you will see by my weigh in results tommorow. You DO NOT have to mix exactly what they say to the ml. YOU DONT. ask your pharmacist if they mind you mixing 5ml of water in. It says on the lipotrim website (go and check to see if you want) that you can mix in various ammounts of water to keep it to your liking. If you dont like the fact that it says it on the website and that on the carrier bag that comes with it it says "x ammount" then dont listen to me. But you can mix whatever you want with it and still have amazing effects. The consistency doesnt make ANY difference to what your eating. How on earth could it? Think about what your saying, that means ml would need to be precise and that the mouse's wouldnt work as well as shakes. Thats NOT the case.

I sincerely didnt mean it to come accross as any sort of sexist joke though, it was a bit of light hearted humour, i didnt think that you where being in any way serious as the website clearly states that it doesnt matter how you mix it. Mouse or shakes, vary the ammount of water to your liking, and you can use as little as 56ml or as much as you want. It just doesnt matter. I'm sorry if you dont like that and your doing to the letter, but just offering some advice as to what the site for the product your using is saying.

Again i didnt mean it in any sort of sexist way. And i do appologise.

yeah it is my first time :) though I'm not new to the ketogenic way of life. I've done low calorie keto before, but never very low calorie keto which is what this is. Ive done total food replacement before as well, but that was with home made shakes. I know looking at someone that has done it for a long time and someone that has just started might make it seem like i dont know what im talking about, but I'd be willing to go as far as emailing the lipotrim website and waiting for a reply off them to show that it doesnt really matter how much your mixing in as long as your taking the shakes. And im sure a lot of people on here would aggree with that.

But yes. I am new to the shakes :)

I am a stick to the rules, whats on the tin kinda girl.

I did and lost 8st. Proof in the pudding.

Others will have their way of doing it but my point was you copied that text from the lipotrim website and my point was that there is a reccomendation and it says 'at least' surely you know what that means.

Sure make it with less but it was a suggestion to the original post that making it with more water might curb the hunger she is feeling.

Your right it does say may shakes with "at least" but in the hints section it also says vary the ammount to the right consistency for you. Also, it makes no difference in the method whether its a mouse or not. Your right in the adding more water might make the hunger keep at bay, but it was also said that she cant stomach them and prefers to not mix much water, which is no problem as shes just "drinking a watered down mouse". So it makes no difference.

Again, sorry if the comments came accross as sexist, it wasn't meant in that sort of way, just a bit of light hearted fun. If you said a man "never admits when he's wrong" i wouldn't have taken that in the wrong way. But I do appologise if I came accross like that.

BTW. Your losses are amazing, and I'm genuinely glad that sticking to the letter worked like that for you, but it would probably have worked the same not mixing as much water and making it up in other ways. But thats beside the point, you look incredible in your pictures and you've made an amazing achivement. ESPECIALLY if you stuck to it precisely. They say not to take anything else with the shakes and I'm taking fat burners, they help curb my appetite and when I post my weigh in results tommorow you'll see that it still works the same. The principles behind the shakes are that they are nutritionally complete, contain a set ammount of calories, and contain a set ammount of carbs. Because of this it puts you into ketosis and means that you dont need anything.

Anyway. Beside the point. I understand that you wanted to do it exactly to the letter, but as far as i can see, and as far as seems to be for everyone else on here, you do what is right for you individually. If sticking to it like you did is right for you then great, but sometimes adding a little bit of pepper (which it advises against but a lot do) can be beneficial, as can not adding as much water, or adding a lot more water! Personally compared to the shakes that I've had before these seem a lot thicker, and with only doing 2 shakes a day I make them with a bit more water than it recomends.

But anyway. Didnt mean to come across as sexist! :)

Back