New to MiniMins (This is my year!!)

aliakaraza1

Hi I'm Ali. A photographer so I'm always behind the lens never in front , imagine working with super fit people daily and then looking at yourself and thinking blueuuuuu hahaha.... Anyways I'm doing this for me this time! I have registered here many times over the years BUT this time it feels different! Last year i quit smoking after 40 a day , Zero aids, no E cig, No Patches , Nothing , ZERO RELAPSES... That made me think WOW you know what i can do anything! So here i am! I've been dieting now since mid december, But i didnt weigh myself because i was scared i guess? Anyways it's been a month and three days ago i purchased a solid rowing machine, and i now do a thirty minute HIT session daily too, absolute killer but no pain no gain right? So today i walked into boots couldn't care less who watched and who didn't weighed myself and it was a scary 22st7lb (in my head i thought i would be 19, maybe 20 stone) Scaryyyyy!! Anyways felt a bit down because of it but IM here and im going to keep a record and THIS IS MY YEAR!!!

Hi I'm Ali. A photographer so I'm always behind the lens never in front , imagine working with super fit people daily and then looking at yourself and thinking blueuuuuu hahaha.... Anyways I'm doing this for me this time! I have registered here many times over the years BUT this time it feels different! Last year i quit smoking after 40 a day , Zero aids, no E cig, No Patches , Nothing , ZERO RELAPSES... That made me think WOW you know what i can do anything! So here i am! I've been dieting now since mid december, But i didnt weigh myself because i was scared i guess? Anyways it's been a month and three days ago i purchased a solid rowing machine, and i now do a thirty minute HIT session daily too, absolute killer but no pain no gain right? So today i walked into boots couldn't care less who watched and who didn't weighed myself and it was a scary 22st7lb (in my head i thought i would be 19, maybe 20 stone) Scaryyyyy!! Anyways felt a bit down because of it but IM here and im going to keep a record and THIS IS MY YEAR!!!
So.....you quit 40 a day habit...u can so nail this eating malarkey too! I too do T25 3 days a week and yes it almost kill me but the results d peak volumes. U can do this....!

So.....you quit 40 a day habit...u can so nail this eating malarkey too! I too do T25 3 days a week and yes it almost kill me but the results d peak volumes. U can do this....!
Chunky butt! Yessss it does kill me haha buttt it's been a week and I've not. Missed a session, still as dedicated as day one! & it means so much for you to offer your support! Just motivates me that much more!! :D

Coming on here and stating your intentions is a big step towards your goal. Well done for getting into Boots and weighing without worrying about anyone else. I wish I were that brave. I've been known to weigh without my specs on so I can't see the horrors on the dial :eek:

Coming on here and stating your intentions is a big step towards your goal. Well done for getting into Boots and weighing without worrying about anyone else. I wish I were that brave. I've been known to weigh without my specs on so I can't see the horrors on the dial :eek:

Haha ohhh damnnn!! I'll have to use that trick sometime haha! & yeahhh i litrally marched in, so many people hovering around too grrr stood on it and the red lights going up I'm like omg what if starts doing like some crazy bells and whistle sounds hahaa but it didn't, printed the receipt and I walked out, hopefully the next one in three weeks I'll leave feeling better :) and yeah it's definitely been a major step, especially having family and friends around and a room full of take out yet I cooked my own meal, feeling dedicated! How about you, how you been keeping? :D

Haha ohhh damnnn!! I'll have to use that trick sometime haha! & yeahhh i litrally marched in, so many people hovering around too grrr stood on it and the red lights going up I'm like omg what if starts doing like some crazy bells and whistle sounds hahaa but it didn't, printed the receipt and I walked out, hopefully the next one in three weeks I'll leave feeling better :) and yeah it's definitely been a major step, especially having family and friends around and a room full of take out yet I cooked my own meal, feeling dedicated! How about you, how you been keeping? :D

I love photography, not of people mind, landscapes. They are just so less fussy!

Maybe, if you have the time, and are interested! You are able to share a few tips on how members can take better pictures for their before and after's without going crazy off budget?

Poses, angles, stuff that seems obvious to you but not so much to the rest of us;.. you can embed instagram (i know, some love, some hate), fb photos etc onto Mini's.

But as I said only if you have the time. If not and you just want to de-stress from work I totally understand.

Pierce

Well done for cooking your own food despite the take outs ! You sound really motivated ☺☺ i also stepped on the scales in jan and was shocked / horrified but am also feeling determined ☺☺ and planning feb exercise

Ahhhh just wanted to drop by, and say yes most definitely I will post some tips and stuff later on tonight that's a brilliant idea Pierce! And Hahaha yeah i get what you mean about the people, my photography ranges from commercial to portrait and even crazy out of this world artistic pieces which ill share with yiu guys!
Hilltop. Princess that's amazing!, we're in this together! And yesss we. Must remain motivated at all times, we can do this! It's in our hands, we're going to look back and think omg we were right! We've done this!!

Okay so as promised I will share a few tips on how to achieve better pictures for our weight loss diaries.
Firstly I think we need to capture true to life images, that way we can showcase how big / small / change / weight loss etc really is. So whereas I would normally advise you take the image from a slightly elevated angle (this does well to hide the double chins, and other areas of the body that may be fat) BUT as we're being true to ourselves and trying to record our journey I HIGHLY suggest the image is taken at eye level, if too low the person looks overpowering and may appear larger then life. So tip one - take Image at eye level.
Secondly it doesn't matter what camera you're using try to avoid direct flash as this is always harsh and either creates horrible shadows or just washes out the image, so either diffuse the flash using some tissue paper perhaps? Or why not stand in front of a natural light source, say a window? The glass will help. Diffuse the light as well as any clouds its passing through etc giving a much nicer soft light. If your only light source is ceiling light/ downlight then don't stand directly. Underneath it as this again will cause harsh shadows take a few steps back so it can illuminate as much of you as possible.
Thirdly I recommend having the picture taken in the same conditions be it lighting / location / clothing etc.
Last tip of the day, a smile goes a long way!! Smile for your pictures!!

If anyone wants any further info or help please just ask.
If anyone wants to see what kind of work I do let me. Know.
:D

Soooo its been a month. Been a tough tough month but I've worked hard and stuck to it, had my weigh in at boots, and weighed in at 21.3 stone! Which I believe is a loss of 15 pounds!! Not a bad start, I'm happy with that will try and amp it up this following month by working out twice a day and hopefully try and push those numbers to 18 pounds for the next month?? Is that possible?? Anyways I thought I'd be happier but it's a strange feeling, maybe inside I was doubting myself? But yea I will do this and when I'm done I'll have my pictures up in the before and after gallery and hopefully inspire people the way peoele inspired me!! How's Eveyone else's weight loss going??

20170123_135246-1.jpg
1487876612651-1777359196.jpg

Well done !! That is over 1 stone gone in 1 month !! That is fabulous.
I' ve lost 6.5lb this month so am happy with that as i know i avaerage about half a stone loss per month so am heading in the right direction. Have lost 14.5 lb since start of jan so just over 1 stone in 2 months for me

Well done !! That is over 1 stone gone in 1 month !! That is fabulous.
I' ve lost 6.5lb this month so am happy with that as i know i avaerage about half a stone loss per month so am heading in the right direction. Have lost 14.5 lb since start of jan so just over 1 stone in 2 months for me

Heyyy that's brilliant! Means so much that you commented!! And that's amazing do we've started roughly the same time, we can do this without a doubt!! So sorry for such a delayed response, I didn't think anyone was going to comment on my post.... It's almost my weigh in time again!, nervous been a rough tough month!! Arghhh! Haha

Okay so it's that time... Nervous today... Been a very tough month... But regardless of the results have to. Stick to it and work harder... Will update once I've been boots later on...

Hi I am new too and wanted to say well done. Your BMI has had a big impressive drop so well done and keep going.
(and then maybe tell me how to do it)

Back