New to posting But have been dukanning since December 2011

Munchkin71

Hi I have been following the dukan diet since December last year, and therefore been reading this forum during this period as well. When I stay on plan I lose weight, my problem is that for the last couple of months I've not been sticking to Dr D's rules. So I thought rather than hovering in the background stalking all you fabulously successful dukaneers I would one and join you all in the hope of some much needed support.

My main problems are not drinking enough water, and being really easily tempted by the lovely baked goods I create on the professional bakery course I attend.

Thanks for reading

Katie x

Hi Katie,
Welcome to the forum, it's great for helpful hints, tips and advice. I drink 2 litres of water per day in work. I fill a litre beaker in the morning at 9 and sip it till lunchtime, then fill it again for the afternoon. It's much easier that way I find. It becomes a habit quite quickly.

As for being able to resist temptation, I find it easy enough to be honest, but in saying that there's no way I'd be to attend a bakery course full stop. Is there any way you could postpone the course till you've reached your desired weight?

Sorry not much help really but just wanted to say welcome after your first post and good luck on your journey. Oh and massive well done on your weight loss so far. Great results. x

Welcome, and congrats on your weight loss to date! Don't know what to say about the baking course - you're a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Baked goods are just about the biggest no-no on this plan, but presumably you can't do the course without tasting what you're making? Perhaps you need to switch to a diet where small amounts of carbs and fat are allowed, eg Slimming World or Weight Watchers? Good luck anyway, whatever you decide.

Welcome, and congrats on your weight loss to date! Don't know what to say about the baking course - you're a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Baked goods are just about the biggest no-no on this plan, but presumably you can't do the course without tasting what you're making? Perhaps you need to switch to a diet where small amounts of carbs and fat are allowed, eg Slimming World or Weight Watchers? Good luck anyway, whatever you decide.

Actually my tutor is really understanding, so I don't have to taste things if I don't choose to, I just have the odd day when I am extremely weak willed. As long as I take stuff home and get feedback from the family on how things taste I can complete my written work from that, and they do love to give feedback!!

I have done ww and sw previously without success, and have found for the most part I enjoy the restrictiveness of dukan much more than either of those diets. I definitely feel healthier not eating carbs and more in control of my diet than I have for a long time.

Thank you for taking time to reply

Katie

Hi Katie well done so far! I'm the same with baked goods but I have been making all kind of concoctions to tide me over!! Muffins, jelly cake, so far succeeded (except yesterday!) I used to force myself to drink but now I do it without thinking, I just read a book on habits that was facinating worth taking a look, it's about life not diets but veery useful helped me train to drink :) keep up the good work xxx

Hi Katie well done so far! I'm the same with baked goods but I have been making all kind of concoctions to tide me over!! Muffins, jelly cake, so far succeeded (except yesterday!) I used to force myself to drink but now I do it without thinking, I just read a book on habits that was facinating worth taking a look, it's about life not diets but veery useful helped me train to drink :) keep up the good work xxx

Thanks Jan, I am going to give your jelly cakes a go during the week, what was the book about habits called? It sounds very interesting. I am pretty pleased with myself as today I have drunk 2.5 litres of water now as well as my usual gallons of tea. Whereas normally I only drink perhaps 2 glasses at most. I am also trying to replace the pg tips with some herbal or green tea. But it is hard. Thanks again for the encouraging words and really well done on your run yesterday.:)

No problems :) the book is called the power if habits really good read makes you think!! You won't regret the jelly cakes, I just made carrot cakes as well oh Lordy!!!! Delish!!! I'm going to pop the recipe on so keep your eyes peeled haha.

It doesn't matter how small a victory, drinking more, walking past a cake shop instead of going in, saying no to a treat it's all a step in the right direction and you should be proud!! :) that's why not giving myself a hard time about yesterday, had a ball and raised over 1k onwards and upwards!!!

Xxx

Tea, etc, all count towards your fluid intake of 2l pd. You may well find that you're already doing what's required. If you think it would be healthier to drink water instead of tea, give it a try, but you don't need to drink 2l water on top of everything you're already drinking - or at least that's my understanding. Water is not a miracle-worker in itself.

Tea, etc, all count towards your fluid intake of 2l pd. You may well find that you're already doing what's required. If you think it would be healthier to drink water instead of tea, give it a try, but you don't need to drink 2l water on top of everything you're already drinking - or at least that's my understanding. Water is not a miracle-worker in itself.

I know water doesn't work miracles I am more concerned about my dairy intake causing a problem. I drink tea with milk in a huge mug and I feel that swapping at least some of those cups for water each day would be helpful. :)

No problems :) the book is called the power if habits really good read makes you think!! You won't regret the jelly cakes, I just made carrot cakes as well oh Lordy!!!! Delish!!! I'm going to pop the recipe on so keep your eyes peeled haha.

It doesn't matter how small a victory, drinking more, walking past a cake shop instead of going in, saying no to a treat it's all a step in the right direction and you should be proud!! :) that's why not giving myself a hard time about yesterday, had a ball and raised over 1k onwards and upwards!!!

Xxx
Thanks Jan, As far as cakes go I love decorating them but have never really eaten them very much, bread however is more of a weakness and butter used to be like heroin!! but I have gone cold turkey on that since December. :innocent0002: I obviously still have to buy it for baking cakes for other people but no longer use it at every opportunity in my cooking and baking for the family. Frylite FTW!!!!!! So I do feel that overcoming my butter addiction is a huge victory that is all thanks to Dukan. I'm off to have a look on amazon for the book now.

Katie x

Ahhh bread :) I just made some with wheat bran and had it with scrambled eggs for dinner hmmmmmmmm only a light dinner not very hungry today (shock horror!!!)
The books only about a tenner but defo worth a read!

Keep in touch on here though :) xx

Back