New to refeed be nice x

denajane

Well the time has finally come where I have to start eating again, I am 10lb off goal but want to lose that on this new journey (if thats possible). I plan to refeed then follow ww to drop those last few pounds and then maintain.
I had a long chat with my pharmacist last week and she believes that the lt refeed lets you eat carbs way too quick so i am trying a mixture of lt and w8 refeed.
So day 1 today,
Breakfast - milkshake
Lunch - Bar
Dinner - I made a spanish omlette with onion mushrooms and peppers and let me tell you it was delish. :eatdrink023: Hopefully this will keep me in ketosis and slowly get me used to carbs again.

I will keep you all informed of my progress and weight loss/gain on this different regime xxx

Day 2 on refeed,
Breakfast - milkshake
Lunch - milkshake
Dinner - Stirfry with mushroom, onion, peppers, brocoli, cauliflower, beansprouts with garlic and soy sauce it was absolutely yummy.
I am loving having coffee with milk at the min especially as im on night (it keeps me going).

Hi tara I am using the normal lt shakes but actually following the w8 maitenence programme as it reintroduces carbs alot slower so your body has time to adjust. Yes I am really enjoying eating again but just really scared of putting the weight back on. xx

You will be fine, especially introducing the carbs really slowly, but it is scary. I'm planning to reintroduce mine more slowly than LT refeed, just not quite decided how I am doing it yet.

Keep posting on here, I want to know what you are having and how it feels, I am stalking you as you are leading the way x

Day 3 and 4
Breakfast - shake
lunch - shake
Dinner - Salad with lettuce, spinach, cucumber, peppers, onions and balsamic vinager with 5oz cottage cheese it was delish!!
Had same meal 2 days running as I am on nights and didn't have time to prepare anything today but I enjoyed it on both days mmmmm x

Tara - I don't mind you stalking me if I can help you decide what to do. Someone has sent me the refeed plan for w8 on a msg once I can work out how to I will send it to you and you can see it it is for you xx

day 5
breakfast - shake
lunch - bar
dinner - made a lovely veg soup it was beautiful made a huge pan full so will have some at work tomorrow

Thanks to Carolanski for this off W8

I think your pharmacist is very sensible - W8 reintroduces carbs very slowly and encourages you to eat low-GI long term, so complex carbs like brown rice, wholemeal everything, beans/pulses - not straight back to potatoes, pasta and white bread

There are 3 phases to maintenance - which you follow for three weeks at a time.

Phase 1 -
3 weeks

3 packs (on W8 we normally eat 4 a day - so you might need to go down to 2) and 1 meal, up to 1/2 pint skimmed milk everyday:

5oz protein - any of the following
Chicken breast - no skin, Turkey, Ham, Fish - fresh, tinned (in brine/water) or frozen, Shellfish, Eggs, Back bacon, Quorn, Tofu, Plain Cottage cheese, Lean Mince, Lean Pork, Lamb,

Steamed veg/ salad - max. 2 handfuls

Broccoli, Alfalfa, Peppers, Chicory, Radishes,Cucumber, Bamboo Shoots, Cauli, Leeks, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach, Celery, Cabbage, Asparagus, Fennel, Pak Choi, Courgetts, Marrow, Garlic, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Green Beans, Mangetout, Beetroot, Sweet potato, Carrots

1 piece/ small handful fruit:
Apple, Blackberries, Cherries, grapefruit, grapes, Kiwi, Lemon (!), Lychee, Peach, Pear, Plums, Raspberries, Blueberries, Satsuma, strawberries, Tangerine

Unlimited herbs and spices

Alcohol - one small measure twice a week only
Dry champagne, Dry sherry, red wine, dry white wine

PHASE 2 - 3 weeks

2 packs a day and 2 meals

Everything on Phase 1 plus:

Protein:
Lean Beef, Game, Gammon, Liver, Veal (boo hoo!), Venison

Spreads/Oils
Low fat spread, peanut butter, drizzle olive oil, marmite, chili oil

Additional fruit (still only allowed 1 piece per day)
Apricot, banana, currants, prunes, mango, melon, pineapple

Nuts: small handful
Pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, brazil, cashew, hazelnut, hemp, linseeds, macadamia, sunflower seeds, walnuts

Carbs - "Trigger Foods" - only small handful in size
1 bread roll, jacket potato, 3-4 boiled potatoes, wholegrain rice, wild rice, noodles, pasta, basmati rice, black rice, 1 x bagel, 1 slice wholemeal bread

Cereals: - 30g per day
Bran flakes, rice crispies, shreddies, special K, cornflakes, ready brek, porridge, shredded wheat (1), weetabix (1)

Beans/Pulses - small handful
Beans, broad beans, butter beans, peas, mangetout, soybeans, lentils, chickpeas, black eye beans, pinto beans, lima beans

Dairy - low fat
Fromage frais, low fat yog

Low cal drinks- 1 per day
Low-cal sugar free

Alcohol - 2 units a weeks (if you must.....)
Lager - 1 pint, beer - 1 pt, dry cider - 1 pt, spirits - 1 measure with low cal mixer

Treats - up to 2 per week
choc - 1 small bar/3 individ chocs, low fat crisps, small handful popcorn, small handful sweets (less than 1% fat)

PHASE 3: 3 weeks

1 pack plus balanced meals - try to have 2 Carb-free days per week

5% fast releasing carbs - pots/pasta etc, Try to keep high carb veg to a minimum (potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn, parsnip, squashes)
25% slow releasing carbs - cereals/grains, brown rice, wholemeal bread, beans/pulses etc
40% low carb veg - everything off previous list plus seaweed (!), jicama (?), spring onions, aubergine, avocado, artichoke, okra, celeriac, turnip. water chesnuts, pumpkin

30% Protein

plus 2-3 portions low carb low sugar fruit per day -
try to keep high sugar fruits to minimum, banana, dried fruit, mango, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, oranges

plus small amounts of veg oil - flaxseed, rapeseed, olive oil, marg

Then just balanced Low GI FOREVER!!!!

Hope that makes sense

Yea my pharmasist put me on this she thinks the LT refeed is far to quick so Im following this so far so good xx Hope it helps you xx

Day 6
Shake for breakfast and lunch and leftover soup for tea it was even nicer the second time round xx

Back