New to simply filling- any help appreciated

icklerockchick said:
Hey newcomers to my ramblings :) losing focus a bit at the moment but trying to stay on track not long now til target must power through!!

Good news a place opened up for tonight's kettlebell class so I am going along to that since I missed yesterday's due to damn trains! So the excited/scared feeling is back eek!! X

Well im not that new, been on here since Jan but always fail miserably at diets! X

Survived my kettlebell class! Woohoo! Was nervous that I wouldnt be able to keep up but it was totally fine. I'm sure i will be feeling it tomorrow though!!

Can totally see it would get easier over time but first class wasnt as horrific as I envisioned :p then you can always up your weight and there's some more advanced moves she suggested but to be honest everyone was doing the basics anyway. X

Yay, so glad you enjoyed it :) hoe you're not in too much pain in the morning!

Glad you enjoyed the class, I shall wait and see how much you ache tomorrow before I book in for it at my gym ;)

Have you ever tweaked SF to include quorn burgers? Really considering it at the moment as really not keen to eat lots more meat with this "up the protein" advice and it feels like there isn't many vegi options on SF - quorn fillets, tofu and quorn mince pretty much. And I am not such a fan of quorn mince usually.

Well I have been counting the plain quorn burgers as free as in my book they are highlighted green though they don't seem to be free on the app! Had debating doing it with veggie sausages and such as you know I am a master tweaker ;-) my theory being that the activity points that I earn but don't count would cover it anyway but to be honest using the wholemeal anything being free tweaks that I already use (plus the odd burrito!!) I don't really need to go over weekly points so havn't bothered.

Obviously if the losses stop then I'll need to start following the rules closer but for now being sensible about it doesn't seem to be doing any harm. X

Oooh I didn't know the quorn burgers were meant to be free. They aren't highlighted as green in my "shop" book. Might try it once a week and be a bit naughty. Do you know if any of the supermarket own brand vegi burgers are also classed as free? I know the tesco ones are pretty similar in calories, fat and fibre to the quorn ones. I don't use my activity points either and as I am trying to only use a maximum of 30 weeklies a week at the moment I suspect a quorn burger or two wouldn't be in the end of the world.

If you look under the basic foods bit at the start of the veggie section the quorn burgers are highlighted green :)

Again I would go with common sense similar other brands should logically be free too, I used to always have Asda own brand ones but the frozen quorn ones have been on offer for £1 a bag in Asda for few weeks so had stocked up since they were cheaper than Asdas own :)

It's only maybe 2 a week so it's likely to not make any difference in the grand scheme of things if they were meant to be pointed! X

Quorn burgers arnt free on ww app but their less fat and calories than chicken and steak and fish. So I'd count them as free.

Tweaking is good!

Glad you enjoyed kettle balls class

Last edited:
Groovesome. Just re-checked book and found it at beginning of sections, so yes officially free :) Think I had just assumed they weren't as I didn't see them highlighted in the "quorn" section.

Atomic pink said:
Groovesome. Just re-checked book and found it at beginning of sections, so yes officially free :) Think I had just assumed they weren't as I didn't see them highlighted in the "quorn" section.

Interesting! Good to know! I think it's only fair quorn burgers are free!

Gonna have to get some! Never tried quorn! Always afraid they will b mank! Good for a lunch with my omelette

Feeling the aches today for sure!! Mainly my shoulders and actually arms are fine :)

No exercise today having rest day and then going to try box fit on Wednesday night.

I always liked quorn before I was veggie as its so cheap compared to meat and easy to use as just cook from frozen and doesn't take long. I use the burgers for breakfast sometimes too the logic being its not entirely different from a sausage patty like Maccy ds breakfast lol! Also amazing in a Toastie :) xx

Enjoy your rest day,box fit sounds good,love any exercise that revolves around boxing! Quorn mince always seems to bulk out really well,like all your different uses for the Quorn burgers,it was your burger in a bagel the other day that caught my eye.

Day5
21 weeklies left

B- green tea
Yoghurt

L- wholemeal bagel
Ww spread
Meat free burger (was out of quorn ones so just used Asda one and calling it free too!)
Cheese 2pp

D- brown rice and quinoa (not actually sure if quinoa is free but it is today lol :p)
With roasted peppers and tomatoes
Light halloumi 2pp

Snacks- cornetto 4pp

Drinks- water
Tea
Skim milk with sugar free crusha

Exercise- rest day

Weeklies used- 8pp
Weeklies left- 13pp

Last edited:
Very yummy looking day. Mmmmm halloumi mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! And quinoa is free so you are fine there!

I wonder whether your box fit class would be the same as the boxercise one they offer at my gym. Quite fancy trying it but it starts at 8pm which seems very late to start exercising of an evening. Will be interested to see what its like though so report back!

Ah that's good to know that quinoa is free I was too lazy to go check as bf brought it home for dinner so I was gona eat it anyway!

Yeh annoyingly my boxfit class is at 8pm as well so not ideal for popping into on way home from work, as being realistic since the gym is round the corner from my work I'm likely to only do classes that suit my shifts as I know I am not likely to make the journey back into town for gym if I had already been at work earlier that day. Just now there's not many classes I can try as all too high impact for my ankle so just trying kettlebells, boxfit, pump - things that focus mainly on upper arms. Hoping to try them all out eventually as I love that there's such a massive variety. X

I agree variety is great! Plus works all over your body!

I hate my gym timetable. The good classes are in the day or 8pm! Doesn't fit in with my life. But I'm doing circuit training on the beach next week.

How are you feeling in general!? Still positive?

Back