New to site, new to Exante.....just ordered month's supply

kate12

Hello everyone

Well, I've spend the morning reading lots of posts on here about Exante and have felt very inspired so have just ordered my first months supply of Exante.

I've done LL before but fell pregnant unexpectedly so stopped dieting. My daughter is now almost 20 months and I really need to sort my weight out.

I haven't been under 11.5 stone since I was 21 but really want to be a good example to my daughter.

Husband is sceptical about a VLCD but I'm hoping to prove him wrong by losing the weight and keeping it off.

Any tips gratefully received :) Xx

Hey Kate.....welcome to the club :)

You will absolutely prove him wrong! Hope your 1st week flies in. Just shout if you need any tips!

Hey Kate :)

I'm new to Exante too, starting tommorrow. A bit apprehensive but excited too. My daughter was born prematurely and left severley disabled and I have had a really ropey few years with lots of comfort eating involved :doh:

We are all back on track now and I really need to sort my lardy backside out haha! Hoping I can lose this weight fast - not sure how fast it can be achieved.

Good luck :)

Thanks Clardie! Looks like you're doing really well with your weight losses - congrats! I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions once I've started! :)

Hi Gemz. Best of luck starting tomorrow. I'm starting Wednesday as I'm away on business Monday / Tuesday and can't get out of lunch meetings and dinners. I'm low carbing till then though....I find it tricky though as I'm veggie. Ah well!

My daughter was prem too - born at 32 weeks and was 2lb 10oz. She's doing really well - just been left with asthma but not too severely. So sorry your daughter was left disabled though :(- what gestation was she born at? How is she now?

It took me a long time to get over the shock of what happened to us - it was touch and go at one point for both of us, but it's all fine now.

I too have a very lardy backside which needs sorting out! My husband is a bean pole who has never had a weight problem. I'm in danger of looking like his middle aged, tubby mother in a few years time if I don't sort myself out! :eek:

My partner is stick thin too and never puts on any weight. Annoying as hell. Well good luck everyone, i have been on this for 6 weeks have lost 24 pounds so far I'm doing working solution though as I found TS too hard. It works if u stick to it:)

Good luck. If you stick to it it's definitely manageable. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cheers, Kate. The 1st week drags, but time's marching on now thankfully! I'm a former LL'er too. Totally my own fault for regaining my lardy bum, but you live and learn and I now realise that the maintenance part is equally as important as the abstinence part. I'm flu'd up at the moment...just my luck. Still, I'm determined to stay 100%! No problem at all....just shout :)

Hope your 1st day went well, Gemz x

Hi all :)

My daughter was born at 27 weeks so very tiny. She's doing okay now to all intents and purposes shes a normal little girl - all Disney Princesses and Hello Kitty mad just in a wheelchair. She will never walk independantly but she attends a mainstream primary school and certainly doesn't let it hold her back which is admirable. She does have autism but manages well with this too, just finds things hard to understand sometimes.

Now that shes doing well its time for me to sort myself out! The shakes arent too bad - I mean I would rather be having a cake haha but they are manageable so fingers crossed.

My husband can eat McDonalds all day and not gain a pound. Men get all the luck :boohoo:

Hey everyone - hope you're all doing well?

I'm back from my business trip so will start the diet tomorrow. All the packs and stuff were delivered while I was away so I've spent some time sorting them all out and preparing for the office tomorrow.

I'm just a bit nervous as to what to say to colleagues when they ask me what I'm eating / drinking....eek.

Gems - your little girl sounds like an absolute superstar! What a little fighter :) 27 weeks is so early - what a shock for you all. One of the little girls in SCBU at the same time as my daughter was a 27 weeker. She has a few problems now but is doing great. There was also a 25 weeker boy who is now also doing brilliantly - the doctors and nurses truly work miracles don't they?

Clardie - hope you're feeling better? I'm coming down with something too - I always seem to get ill when I've been in an aeroplane.....think it's everyone sharing their germs :yuk:

Mocha - thanks for the good luck message. I love the mini goals on your signature! Each one is definitely do-able. I haven't shopped in Top Shop for years!

Determination - 24 pounds in 6 weeks is bloomin amazing! You must feel so proud and so much better! Congratulations :)

As I said in my earlier post, I've never been slim in my adult life. I need to figure out why this is before I get to my goal if I have any chance of keeping the weight off. I'm successful in other areas of my life (if that doesn't sound too weird!) but feel like a failure for not being able to control my weight. Hmmm.....<puts thinking cap on>

Will update if I survive tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

Hiya Kate,

How did day 1 go? Hope that's you in the zone now :) Week 4 for me....honestly, the time has flown by. Which is always good! I'm feeling almost human now, thanks. I think I picked up the lurgy from a skanky plane.....hope the germs leave you alone!

I understand where you're coming from. I'm the same. I just can't seem to keep from piling the pounds back on. I do feel that something has changed this time though. I'm done with being hefty and unhappy. I'm getting too bl*ody old for it too ha!

Gemz, your wee girl sounds amazing. You're a credit to her :) How's your week been?

Off to get my skis on to get to the office.......roll on the spring...summer....anything that isn't -2 and snowy?!

Have a good day ya'll :D x

Hey everyone! Well I just about survived day 1. I had to go to bed really early as I had a pounding headache but apart from that (and some questions from work colleagues) it all went well.

How do you guys cope with mixing up your shakes at work? I kind of want to be subtle about it but failed miserably yesterday as I was so subtle the powder stayed in a nasty clump at the bottom of my thermos flask thing!!

Clardie - week 4! Wow! You're doing so well. I would love this to be the last time I had the weight to lose too. I just hate feeling blobby and wearing clothes that are not "me".

We'll get there!!

Hope everyone's days are going well xx

Hi Clardie!

Day 1 was pretty tough! But I survived.....just! I ended up having a really long bath and going to bed at 9.30pm as I had a pounding headache.......I'm such a wuss!!!

Today has been a bit better and hopefully tomorrow will improve even more.

What do you guys do when you're at work? I tried mixing up shakes and soup in a thermos flask / coffee mug type thing but they weren't mixed very well and lots of power was left at the bottom. I kind of want to be subtle at work though!!

I would love this to be the last time I had to lose the weight too. I'm fed up of the way it makes me feel and of wearing clothes that just aren't the real "me". :(

Youve done so well to be into your fourth week - our starting weights are similar, we're the same height and our goal weights are the same so I'll be cheering you on and hoping we both get to goal!

We haven't had snow down our way yet but I was up in Aberdeen Monday and Tuesday and it was v v cold and snowy....and I hear it's got worse as the week has gone on :(

Hope everyone has had good days xx

A trick of mixing shakes and soups, put the water in first and then the soup or shake, otherwise I found the same thing, there's powder left at the bottom. Dont make up the soups or shakes at home to bring in, in case that's what you're doing, you're supposed to consume them within 15 minutes of making them or it starts losing nutrients. What about if you got a shaker? I bought one of those with the wire ball in it and make my shakes that way (you cant do hot drinks in it though). Then if anyone asks just say it's a protein shake or something. Or use the bars as your lunch instead, they're the most portable of the things we can have.

A trick of mixing shakes and soups, put the water in first and then the soup or shake, otherwise I found the same thing, there's powder left at the bottom. Dont make up the soups or shakes at home to bring in, in case that's what you're doing, you're supposed to consume them within 15 minutes of making them or it starts losing nutrients. What about if you got a shaker? I bought one of those with the wire ball in it and make my shakes that way (you cant do hot drinks in it though). Then if anyone asks just say it's a protein shake or something. Or use the bars as your lunch instead, they're the most portable of the things we can have.

Thanks Jael - I'd been putting powder in first, then the water and then frantically stirring with a fork but it wasn't very successful! I kept trying to time my trip to the kitchen at work when no one was there so I was under pressure a bit! Maybe I do need to get a shaker and say it's a protein shake...... I have been doing a shake around 10am, soup at 2.30pm and bar at 9pm but you're right - maybe I need to do the bar at work and soup at home. Perhaps doing soup on the stove in a pan may work better?

Thanks very much for thr tips - much appreciated! And congrats on your losses - looks like you're doing brilliantly! X

If you did the soup at work you could just say it's a cup-a-soup, no-one would know the difference would they? I make mine up in a jug with a hand blender which makes it all frothy, it's lovely like that but I have to use about 400ml of boiling water so that it's not too thick to drink out of a mug.

Hey Kate,

The first few days can be a killer, but they'll be a distant memory very soon! I just take a bar to work....and head off for a wee walk to eat it. I'm keeping my weight loss journey to myself this time....everyone's an expert and I can't be bothered listening :) I put 150ml and 4 ice cubes in a blender with the powder + a tiny sprinkling of sweetener.....makes lovely thick and creamy shakes. I think jael mentioned that shakes and soups have to be eaten within 15 mins, so probably not best to take them in a flask.

I know, we're heading for the same goal......we'll be looking fabulous together at the same time :D

Well, I stayed the same this week. I know it happens, but it's frustrating. Anyhoo, next week will be an improvement! Got to focus on the end result (hurry up haha!).

Have a good and hopefully snow-free weekend, all x

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how you ladies look at goal, I'm the same height and have the same goal but I'm a lot bigger than you so it'll take me that much longer to get there.

If u cannot get a shaker then make the shakes into a paste so its all mixed in and then add more water slowly whilst stiring. Doesn't turn out perfect but helps a bit.

Also, in terms if hding it. Do u have vanilla or chocolate shakes? Make them warn in a mug, with coffee is also nice, and pretend they are latte/hot chocolate/ mocha. Again, make ur shakes with cold water into a paste in mug and then add hot water slowly whilst stirring.

I also kept it quiet, people have now noticed my weight.loss and mentioning it but my actual diet I'm keeping under wraps x

Hey ladies!

Day three was hard but I survived. I think making scotch pancakes for my toddler nearly killed me but I managed to stay strong! Friday night is usually my open a bottle of wine night, so I missed that a bit but seeing the scales move this morning has really motivated me. I walk a total of 4 miles to and from work and I really struggled energy wise today - hopefully I'll soon be in ketosis and feel on a more even keel. Did anyone else have this?

Sorry - I wasn't clear before on the shakes. I wasn't making them in advance, I was just making them in one of those insulated coffee mugs with a lid with a sippy hole, in the hope of disguising the contents!

Today was better though. I work right near the shops so bought a shaker on my way to work (branded with a women's protein shake make on the side). So I had a shake in the morning, bar at lunch and soup in the evening. I found doing the soup at home much easier as I could drown it in pepper from my grinder at home! I still got a few questions at work, but nothing too bad.

Clardie - a STS was bound to happen I guess. Must be frustrating though :( Just think of what the loss could be next week though. Hopefully you'll get a Brucie Bonus!!

Jael - I have absolutely no clue what I will look like at 10 stone! Last time I was that weight I was 17 and about to discover boys and beer! I look back at pictures of myself and remember feeling so fat and self conscious. I wish I knew at the time how good I really looked. But who knows at aged 30 how I'll look at 10 stone with saggy post baby boobs and a droopy post c-section!! Haha! :eek:

We can definitely get to that elusive 10 stone mark, gang!! <shakes Pom-poms!>

Time2go - thanks for the tips on preparing the shakes. I'm missing my Costa latte, so I'll try the Exante version this weekend!

Has anyone tried the Exante water flavourings? I'm debating ordering some. Also, does anyone recommend thr porridge? I didn't order any this time round but am thinking of some for next time?

Have great weekends everyone - hubby doesn't believe I'll manage to make it through without cracking and having curry and beer, but I'll show him! Xx

Morning!

Kate, you're very brave making goodies in your first week. Oooft, that's willpower! Yeah, I struggled with my energy levels in weeks 1 & 2, but it's all good now. Haha, here's hoping for a Brucie Bonus rather than another Dusty Bin!

Jael, you'll get there in no time :) Hopefully, we won't need to get right down to target to notice a big difference. Someone told me recently that my cheeks aren't quite so chubby....it must be working already hehe. I lost 5 stone 4 years ago, so I can almost remember......and I've kept hold of a pair of wee jeans that I will be squeezing my soon to be wee-er bum in to :fingerscrossed:
Och, let's celebrate the saggy bitties, I say :banana dancer:

I really like all the water flavourings. I mix up 1L of sparkling water with flavouring and I have that every afternoon at work. I also mix a teaspoon of coffee + a sprinkle of cinnamon into my morning vanilla shake....yum.

First outing to a restaurant today....bar at the ready! Have a good weekend! X

Back