New to site, new to Exante.....just ordered month's supply

Oh he will notice.... We are both on a mission to lose weight! He is planning on hitting the gym when he is not fixing helicopters (he is in the navy). I want him to be able to pick me up and carry me up the stairs when he returns ;)

Well, if that isn't motivation enough...! :)

Morning :)

Glad you found it, Trickshot! Maybe we could start an extended Team G (if Kate doesn't mind?!) :D How's your week been? Can you believe it's four weeks already?! Time's flying by...I like.

You're very welcome, Frenchie.....sounds like you're raring to go. I love your incentive ;)

Morning, Clardie, yes, I'm good with an extended Team Gloriousness, great idea. :)
My week's been awful, work was more than challenging...plus I had to empty a whole office building, my back's not happy and I'm physically exhausted.
Having said that, I sort of assembled my new powerplate and will have a proper go at it today. I figure it's not exactly cardio so shouldn't go lightheaded, right? ;)
Off to town to run some errands and then there's a bit more painting. I hear you're painting too??

Oh, and I think I'd better change my profile info from Exante to Exante + S&S. Turns out I much prefer the Slim and Save products, especially as they do more stuff to chew on, like spaghetti bolognese and cottage pie, I like my savory stuff, and am just fed up with the Exante soups. The only one I really like is the vegetable soup, I am okay with the tomato and basil but not keen on the mushroom soup, won't even mention the Thai chicken style soup.

Anyhoo, I'd better get out of those PJs.

Have a great day everyone!

Yayyyy, day 1 complete!! Having never done any type of total replacement diet before I found it quite challenging but managed to do it! Weighed myself this morning :)O) and have had 3 shakes, 3.5 litres of water, 4 cups of tea (no milk... gonna take some getting used to) and a half glass of diet coke. Now, I know I shouldn't of had the diet coke but let me defend myself.... lol.... I had to go to my aunt's 60th birthday party and didn't want to be asked several questions by my mother about why I was drinking water. Fortunately my children were there as well and my son finished it off for me. I did, however, avoid all of the food (mahoooooosive finger buffet) and even coped with my daughter sat, eating a pasty, on my lap. GO ME!! Added bonus, the OH phoned to say he'd arrived safely, wasn't expecting any contact for several days yet! Hope everyone else has had a good day :)

That's excellent news, Frenchie! :) Well done you.
About the coke - it's totally okay to have it, on the Slim and Save website is a pdf download document from the FAQ area which lists all the other food people might want to eat whilst on a total food replacement or other ketogenic diet. They say they simply can't put it in the official info about the diet as the ingredients of the stuff might be changed by the manufacturer and all of a sudden contain stuff that could be counteractive to ketosis such as citric acid being added to coke.
Having said that - I'm not all that good with caffeine so went with my usual drink - baby coke aka diet caffeine-free coke. I had a few sips straight out of the bottle because I was so thirsty and then noticed it contains citric acid. D'oh! Oh well, live and learn. ;)

I hope you all don't mind me popping in. I've been reading this thread and gaining inspiration...yes, I CAN do this too. Well that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
I started back to exante on Monday of last week. So not due to weigh until tomorrow but I couldn't resist stepping on those scales and yipppeee I've dropped 8lbs already. Having been on lighter life about 5 years ago I know TFR diets work. But what a bore they are, and I find it hard to stay focused. My main motivation this time round is my daughters wedding in the summer. Between now and then I have two holidays planned but am hoping that won't intefere with my overall goal of two and a half stones by mid August. My mantra will be " I must stay focused, I must stay focused....".
Good luck to you all and thank you so much for the inspiration. xxx

Hello Everyone!!

Blinkin' heck! I go away for a couple of days and look what happens!! It's lovely to see so many new faces - really inspiring too.

I actually feel I'm the weakest link here!! Everyone else is so motivated and staying on track! I've had to switch to doing Working Solution for a few days as I just couldn't cope with 100% TS while I've been away. Got one more "event" to get through and then I'll be back on TS on Wednesday. I hope I haven't done too much damage - I've been too scared to get on the scales!! I'm pretty sure I'm out of ketosis.....:cry:

Feel free to give me a mahoosive virtual slap round the chops on Wednesday to get back into TS!! :slap:

Trickshot - welcome! You haven't hijacked the thread at all!! We're you originally on a different thread then? Did it all go a bit quiet? What's this Team G?! Sounds intriguing.....!

Hey Frenchie! What brilliant motivation you have.....I think I need some of that too!! It's great that you're other half is also wanting to lose weight. Unfortunately mine weights about 2 stone less than me and seems to eat exactly what he wants and never puts a pound on!! I'm sure your 10 week goal is definitely achievable.

Fat-to-fab I love your user name - that's exactly what I want to be too!! When did you last do Exante? It's so hard isn't it? I really need to make sure I get back on the wagon on Wednesday or else I fear I may fall by the wayside!! You have a great reason to lose weight though - how exciting that your daughter is getting married!! 8 pounds already is amazing xxxx

Hey Kate, you're NOT the weakest link, in fact if you've been away and still managed to stay on WS then that's amazing! So many people would have just gone off plan completely, so well done! You never know, you may even have lost rather than gained.

Kate12, I last did exante this time last year. But I just could not stick with it. Came off it, gained the weight I had lost plus quite a few more pounds.
I did LL in 2008 and lost three stones. I managed to keep it off for over two years and I felt magnificent. So sexy!!! I bought myself a heap of new clothes and enjoyed all of the new found attention and then :confused::mad::sigh: not sure what happened but I'm now two pounds heavier than I was when I started LL. The attraction of now doing exant is I know TFR works for me (if I stick with it) and exante is so much cheaper.

Well done to everyone on here. It's not the easiest of diets but we can get quick results. :)

Hello oh gorgeous ones!
Day 3 complete! Still going strong and actually growing to like tea without milk!
Actually got to 2pm today before I realised I hadn't had my second shake (Days 1 and 2 I was clock watching). Also managed nearly 4 litres of water today, manic morning at work so no time for my normal coffee break, just a quick swig of water between visits (I'm a community carer).
This site is definitely my go to point when I am feeling like I am ready to crumble (mmmm..... crumble) and I love reading people's diaries. Keep going girls, we can do it!!!!

Hiya Folks!

Awww Kate, you're most definitely not the weakest link. You had a big social thingy in week 2.....I'd have found it impossible to stick to TS too. I really hope you get right back into tomorrow. Your 1st stone off is just around the corner.....and more prominent cheek bones :)

Have you had a less stressful week, Trickshot?? Hope so. That sounds like a nightmare at work. Are you and the plate friends yet?? I bought the paint. I have yet to open the paint. This Sunday. Perhaps!

Welcome fat-to-fab....that's my mantra too. It's bl*ody hard going some times, but I'm now into week 6......and the first couple of yuk weeks are but a distant memory :) All the very best.

Go frenchie....sounds like you're right in the zone. Looking forward to hearing about your 1 week results :D

Had a really stressful day at work and didn't get home until late. I was starving by the time I got home and I must admit I did think about stuffing my face with all sorts of yummy "rubbish". I resisted and made myself a vanilla shake as soon as I came in. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm now feeling just a little smug that I managed to not eat!!
Have been looking at eveyone's weight loss. You are all doing really great and are an inspiration. Can't wait to see my weight loss by week 6 Clardie, your doing fab.
xx

Thanks all for your support - it's much appreciated :bighug:

I weighed in today and I've lost 2 pounds this week. I'm actually really pleased as I was on WS (well, as much as I could be with other people cooking!) for 5 days. I'm now back on TS and have done my first day 100% without too much trouble. I've got the usual headache but it's not half as bad as it was when I originally started - presumably because I've tried to keep carbs to a minimum.:confused:

How's everyone else getting on? Good I hope!! Here's to a successful week for everyone.....:cross:

Xxx

Hello Everyone!!

Blinkin' heck! I go away for a couple of days and look what happens!! It's lovely to see so many new faces - really inspiring too.

I actually feel I'm the weakest link here!! Everyone else is so motivated and staying on track! I've had to switch to doing Working Solution for a few days as I just couldn't cope with 100% TS while I've been away. Got one more "event" to get through and then I'll be back on TS on Wednesday. I hope I haven't done too much damage - I've been too scared to get on the scales!! I'm pretty sure I'm out of ketosis.....:cry:

Feel free to give me a mahoosive virtual slap round the chops on Wednesday to get back into TS!! :slap:

Trickshot - welcome! You haven't hijacked the thread at all!! We're you originally on a different thread then? Did it all go a bit quiet? What's this Team G?! Sounds intriguing.....!

Hey Frenchie! What brilliant motivation you have.....I think I need some of that too!! It's great that you're other half is also wanting to lose weight. Unfortunately mine weights about 2 stone less than me and seems to eat exactly what he wants and never puts a pound on!! I'm sure your 10 week goal is definitely achievable.

Fat-to-fab I love your user name - that's exactly what I want to be too!! When did you last do Exante? It's so hard isn't it? I really need to make sure I get back on the wagon on Wednesday or else I fear I may fall by the wayside!! You have a great reason to lose weight though - how exciting that your daughter is getting married!! 8 pounds already is amazing xxxx

Hi, Kate,

thanks for this. :) A few of us were on a different thread but the person whose thread it was injured herself so I think she's waiting to get better again at the moment. Someone on that thread called us Team Gloriousness - and the name stuck. As that's quite a long name it was quickly shortened to Team G. ;)

It sounds like you've done amazingly well losing so much weight with all the distractions and temptations around. Well done!

Hiya Folks!

Awww Kate, you're most definitely not the weakest link. You had a big social thingy in week 2.....I'd have found it impossible to stick to TS too. I really hope you get right back into tomorrow. Your 1st stone off is just around the corner.....and more prominent cheek bones :)

Have you had a less stressful week, Trickshot?? Hope so. That sounds like a nightmare at work. Are you and the plate friends yet?? I bought the paint. I have yet to open the paint. This Sunday. Perhaps!

Welcome fat-to-fab....that's my mantra too. It's bl*ody hard going some times, but I'm now into week 6......and the first couple of yuk weeks are but a distant memory :) All the very best.

Go frenchie....sounds like you're right in the zone. Looking forward to hearing about your 1 week results :D

Hey, Clardie, thanks for the well wishes. Work's still mega crazy and I can't even bear to think about it right now. ;) I'm almost done painting downstairs, just a bit in the kitchen around the boiler, including the pipes which I hope will blend in a bit better once they're as white as the wall behind them. Waiting for samples of some vinyl for the kitchen, hope they arrive quickly and i can buy or order it and replace the flooring. Because then I really get to treat myself - I'm getting new quality oak laminate flooring across the rest of the downstairs. Can't wait to move everything from upstairs back into the living-room and dining area again. With all the gear upstairs I'm a bit pushed for space there. - Yet another reason to stick with this diet! ;)
I find painting quite therapeutic, so maybe if you see it as a bit of down-time and relaxation you might get yourself to open that can of paint this weekend. :) And just think of the arm exercise!

BTW, had another WI this morning and I've lost another 1.2kgs. Not over the moon but as I've been really active this past week I keep telling myself that it's the muscle mass I've just developed. :)
i've booked a flight to see friends and relatives in Germany end of

Back