New to slimming world, loads to loose, want to get healthy,

What do you think? Wearing them today to WI as promised the group. Shame it's raining.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 43
OMG they are gorgous hun :) You will look stunning for your weigh in. Sending slimming vibes :) xxx

Just had quark and hot choc=fulling :) xx

Doing a green day as I want lasagna for tea :)

Banana

Mug shot

Lasagna quorn mice plus veggies sauce made with fat free yog, quark and an egg served with a massive salad

muller light

snack grapes

hea 350 mls skimmed milk

syn light babybel cheese -got to check syns, plus hot choc 3 syns

Last edited:
I love lasagne. I mix quark with cottage cheese as my cheese sauce, it has been hit and miss. I bought the book of low fat sauces yesterday and there is a bechamel sauce in there for 3 syns which I will check out next time I make it.

i think this one you used fat free yog and an egg and 2 tbsp corn flour- will check later. xxx

Anju - those shoes are gorgeous. What a great idea matching award colours with rewards :D

Afternoon Jules, thanks for the posts in m'diary last night :) i'm on green today too to fill up on potatoes and pasta, making quorn chilli for tea.

For lasagne I wouldn't bother making a cheese sauce personally. I'd just do layers of pasta and mince/ragu then top with a hexa of cheese.

By the by, now I've signed in blood with sw online I can check syns/healthy extras on the website if you need anything checking, for tje next 3 months at least :) other than that it's probably not worth the money, the food diary is pants and recipes can find those on minis for free *rolls eyes*

Ahhhhh thansks will remember that i did think about joining, but don't really have the spare pennies.

No worries for the posts hun-watched that tv program on 4 OD was interesting how if you walk before eating you have less fat in your blood, although think it was a 90 min walk_i am not there with that yet.

I used yog, quark and an egg for the sauce so all free, but i think I may not bother another time and just add the cheeses on top, like you said, good tip :) I added loads of grated cheese to hubbys once I got it out of oven he is taking the rest tomorrow for lunch so it cant have been to bad, although little one refused to eat it at all!

for some reason now i have eaten the pasta I feel sooooo tired, hadn't noticed but hadn't felt as knacked the last few days I am going back to red day tomorrow.

xxx

Build up your walking over time :) I don't think I do much more than an hour at a time but I do seem to do really well on the weeks where I fit more walking in.

Hmn I'd say me too as I had pasta for tea and feel knackered but I think that's just my natural state lol Still getting used to working after taking a year out since my previous job.

What does your little man actually eat? He seems to say no to everything lol Both my son and O/H are absolutely awful with food, think there is only about 10-15 items of food my son will eat and it -has- to be one particular brand or he won't eat it, and none of it's healthy :sigh: O/H is a tiny bit better but the only eating out places he'll do is McDonalds, Fridays or Wagamama so I don't get wined and dined much :rolleyes: Bloody awkward men!

Yep think I am doing 20-30 mins at the mo, but not at a very fast pace. You are doing great with an hour hun :)

I had ME years ago ( like 14 years) and they told me I wheat made my symptoms worse, i did anything at the time just to feel a bit better, I still think the wheat effects me, so the red days seem perfect as I will maybe have 2 bits of bread, but that's about it, unless I add a kitkat to my syns :) so i try not to over do it on the wheat anyway.

Little man is fussy! he loved strawberries the other day, now wont eat them! He loves cream crackers with peanut butter, cream cheese, toast. We went out for a meal last tues and he ate loads of peas i did them the other night and he wouldn't touch them! I make pasta sauce and blitz up courgette and carrots to try and sneak veggies in :) Nope he wouldn't eat that. he likes plain pasts, he loves bananas and grapes we sneak in with his weetabix in the morning. he loves meat (he would do great on Atkins ;)) hubby bought him innocence smoothies the other day just to get more fruit into him. he likes fish finger and chicken nuggets, wont touch potato on any form (Chips waffles, mash, ne jacket boiled noooo! ) I make pitta pizzas he eats them, will eat the meat in cottage pie and occasionally sneak a bit of carrot in. Mum makes a turkey mince pie he likes that. One day he will eat something next he wont! he was 5lbs when he was born, hes 16 months but only almost 21lbs still in 9-12 month clothes and a few bigger tops that drown him! Ha! when I loose 21lbs I know what that feels like lugging him up and down stairs :)

Haha get taken on a date to McDonald`s :) I love Wagamama yummy. I am lucky hubby will eat anything bar pink and read salmon :)

Right little man gone for a sleep we had a short walk to nursery and back as we ended up with someone elses shoes in our bag :) yesterday. Now waiting for the insulation people to come and make our house warmer. i hate having people doing work on the house just makes me feel uncomfortable, anyway mum is coming up this afternoon to babysit me and little man :)

xxxx

Ohhhhh weigh in day tomorrow... am excited to see how I have done, although weighed this morning and it said i had gained, this is why I should just weigh once a week-wish I could.

Day 7-Red day

Apple and hard boiled eggs (Free)

Veggie soups, sardines in tom sauce (free) 2 x nimble and bread (HEb)

banana

Omelette with chicken, mushroom and onion and roasted veggies (free)
muller light

HEA-350 mls skimmed milk
HEA-1 light babybel

Syns aldi waffle 5 syns Walkers crosses crisps 4 syns

Drinks water, green tea and coffee, squash-sugar free.

Last edited:
Aww bless him, sounds very similar to how my son was at the same age - hopefully if you keep up the sneaking he'll get better with it as he gets older :)

Didn't realise our WI was on the same day. I was wondering when your first WI would be actually as it feels like I've been talking to you for ages on here lol Don't worry too much about the scales hopping, a lot of people do it and the gain probably was the pasta for tea yesterday.I

I know what you mean with having workmen into the house, can't relax at all until they go and feel really self-conscious going to the loo or making/eating food while there's strangers in my house :( Good that your mum's coming to babysit you both, a mother's work is never done is it lol

Thats the plan haha :)

Yep....Its seems like I have known you longer than a week ha!

My mum is fab making everybody ( bar me) tea too :)

xxx

decided I am going to have a small bowl of soup, plus some sardines(Just need to check if they are free on red)for lunch on toast I am hungry :) xxx

EDIT_the ones in tom sauce are free :) xx

Last edited:
Hi Jules, only joined here yesterday and have been reading through your post. I've been following slimming world for nearly 2 years now and I've lost 7 stone. The last few months have been a struggle hence joining here and hoping any moments of weakness I can dip in here and get motivation to stay on track. One question or you... You seem to use your heb to have things that would be free on ee or green days and I just wondered why? Why not have an Ee day instead?

I have lost weight before and what I have read about EE day- for me personally- I think I will find them too flexible and eat to much, and I am trying not to have to much wheat, so I find Red days work best for me, also due to the medication I am, along with borderline under active thoriod, I have been told by the psychologist last week that a lower carb diet would more likely help me loose weight. :) so I am happy with my red days ( and a few green days thrown in for my bog jacket spuds :))

Well done on losing 7 stone that's fantastic, you should be sooo proud of yourself. Good luck with the rest of your journey, have you got a diary hun? xxxx

good luck with WI. You have been really good and stuck to plan, so here's hoping the scales reflect that xxx

Thansk Anju :) I am hoping the scales are kind :) xxx

Back