2 boiled eggs. 2 fried bacon with 124gms beans taken as a healthy extra

lunch..

2 boiled eggs.. 2 fried bacon.. 2 low fat bread taken as a healthy extra
fat free yougurt. slimming world bar taken as a healthy extra

tonight im going to have for dinner

breast of chicken with philideila chesse 2.0 syns
mixed veg 3.0 syns
and maybe a lowfat yougurt again.

There's your 3 x HexB's hun - and as pointed out you need to have at least one HexA. You can substitute your Philli for 6 x 17.5g Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles for your HexA (or have only 125ml of Semi Skimmed milk and 3 x LC triangles if you need it)

Hope that helps

many thanks for replying. thought maybe that slimming world bar as a healthy extra could be classed as a.. A healthy extra and not a b.. are these bars not classed as a A.. or B extra..?
damn.. sorry im acting a bit thick..lol
yea i was om weight watchers before so this is taking time to get used to.. how many healthy extras should i have aday..?
thanks guys .. lushx

can anyone please tell me if diluted squash is ok to read.? ive tryed loggin on to the slimming world website but my log in wont work! awww
maybe there is a book out there with all the syns vaules.?
tonight ive had for tea pork 1 slice as im on a green day so thats an healthy extra with veg free.. and potatoes which are also free.. might have a poached egg later before bed with a fat free yougurt.
this is going to take some getting used to as im not used to eating free foods so im going to stick with food i know are ok for now. then ill try a few new things along the week.. many thanks for ur replys
really is helping me..
anyone got any ideas what i could have for breakfast tomorrow as i need to try something more then eggs and bacon lol.. im going to have a red day tomorrow thanks again lushx

Hi, Why dont you do Extra Easy instead of trying to follow either red or green? for instance you gave up a HEB to have pork but by giving up that HEB you can have much more than 1 slice of pork - you can eat all/any free foods from red or green plan. I think if i was you id ask your consultant to go over the healthy extras again with you and also how an extra easy day works. This is the 4th time ive lost weight with SW (4st then 4.5st then 5st and this time 2st so far) and i have always found that the more i eat the more i lose. The free foods really are what they say just go for it when you feel you need to. Also when you fry i assume you are using frylight?? Well im now off to have 4 slices of cheese on toast yummy!

Yes squash is fine as long as it is sugar free. There is a Syn Directory which you can buy from class but we believe there is a new one coming out in January so maybe best to wait for that.

thanks im just in the middle of watching x factor my daughter has her mates over tonight so mad house here..lol
looking forward to my poached egg in a minute.. havent got a clue why my log in wont work for the slimmingworld site.. awww
as for frying i dont i grill my bacon :)
so far so good altho like ive been told countless times eat when ur hungry im so scared to ... like nibbling between meals.. lol
thanks again lushx
i miss my skinny cow sandwich icecream because i cant find out the number of syns :(

not sure who makes them! :( they are called the skinny cow.. i cant log on to the slimming world website altho i have the right password so now im crawling through the internet in search of a syn directory.
lushx

hey lush!!
Welcome to slimming world!!

Have just been reading through the thread and i think it sounds to me like you are very confused!! I know you said you have done weight wathcers before but slimming world is nothing like it! You have to try and forget everything you have been told about dieting and eating at certain times and just trust the plan!!

If i was you i would sit down when you have a minute and read through your food optimising book again, get it straight in your head and maybe get a pen and paper and jot down a few days worth of meal plans. You could even post them on here to check you understand how the plan works! Why not decide on following certain days untill you feel confident to switch days. When i first started i followed red for a couple of weeks then slowly added in green days.

It will take a little while for you to get your head round it and we all make mistakes in the first few weeks but believe me this plan does work!!

Good luck and remember just ask if you have any questions! x

many thanks for ur reply dont wanna do peoples heads in..lol
so have looked through the books again tonight..
just im eating the same things and im getting bored with them :( dont want to try new things yet cuz there hard to work out lol.
im on green tomorrow so plently of meat for me. breakfast is eggs ..bacon again!! :( awwww
i want to try something different but stuck for ideas on green. any ideas.? with out using syns.?
sugar is a pain also cuz i love coffee during the day and its 1.5 syn for a teaspoon :(
thanks lushx

Hi lush

I just checked on the sw website and the skinny cow ice cream sandwich is 5 syns on either red or green so you can still have them, you just have to count them in your syns for the day.

You definately sound like you need to get your consultant to explain red and green to you again. If not, get her to explain extra easy and try that next week, it really is easy!! lol! You can eat anything off the free food lists for red and green days together!

As for sugar, can you substitute it for sweetener as that's free?

On green you could make a veggie pasta pake - loads of veg with cooked pasta and mozzarella (as your hex a) stirred through then baked in the oven, quorn bolognaise, quorn pieces in a homemade tomato based or curry sauce and rice, there's loads you could have. There's a recipes sub forum on here so have a look on there for ideas for what to eat, Im sure you'll find something you like.

Good luck, you will get the hang of it eventually!

many thanks for letting me know the syns of skinny cow.. ive checked the website and cant find nutrig grain soft oaties.. oat and chocolate chip.. any one know the syns of each of these.? i really want one.. u get 5 cookies in a box.. thanks lushx

another thing i wanted to add is that ive seen for example u can have 25gm bacon for free.. what if i wanted more.? i mean it is free on a red day.! lol lushx

another thing i wanted to add is that ive seen for example u can have 25gm bacon for free.. what if i wanted more.? i mean it is free on a red day.! lol lushx

Yes on a red day eat as much bacon as you want. on a green day weigh it and it counts as a healthy extra b choice or syn it!

When I first started sw I did green days as it was so much easier for me! lots of soups with lentils or barley, chilli/bolognese made with quorn mince, stirfrys with quorn pieces (quorn is a speed food) mugshots/pasta n sauce/ savoury rice are a godsend. Also I do chicken fried rice - chicken as a healhy extra, or kedergee - fish as a hex.

I also loved sugar in my coffee and have switched to splenda... don't think I could go back to sugar now lol.

low syn snacks: mini milks, curly wurly, raspberry ruffles, skinny cow ice-creams.

I love hifi bars that you can buy at group or choc n fudge alpen lights (2 = 1 hexb)
good luck

u meantioned bolognese sauce.. well my other half wants to do spaggatti bol.. and im kinda stuck on so i syn the sauce for green/day.? if so how much,? thanks lushx

sorry to add another post so soon.. how do i go about mash potato.? normally make a batch of 5lb with semi milk and 3 large low fat spread dished out between 5 of us.. how do i syn that.? to be honest ive been on this 3 days now .. living of eggs. bacon and pasta and chicken.. really getting bored. which is so bad. im unsure of using new things. and im scared to eat inbetween meals :(

awe you really mustnt be afraid to eat in between meals as ive already said - theres so much you can eat and by reading other peoples diaries on here should give you loads of ideas of what to have. You can make a bolognese sauce quite easily which is free i use onion, mushroom, a tin or two of tomatoes, carrot, celery, garlic, herbs and if green day or EE sweetcorn and peas. there no syns in that at all. As for mashed potato personally i mash it up then take mine out before i add the milk and butter so again mine is free on green or EE. If you want to add milk and spread then the milk could be part of a HEA if not you need to syn it but the butter will def need to be syned. hope that helps you.

. belive me all im eating is eggs,bacon and chicken.. with a few healthy extras.. im new to this plan only 3 days. really unsure of what to eat as we all like to eat as a family and i can plan for everyone with out knowing my syns or if they are free :( lets hope this diet lasts longer then a week :( i defo need to try some new food this week.! does anyone fancy the idea of msn chat where i can nor ur head when i need help.. lol thanks lushx

Back