new to slimming world

and i just noticed youre not very far away from me lol. i have lost 2 stone in 13 weeks but joined this site more recently.i have done SW on and off for many years losing 4 stone then 4.5 stone and last time 5 stone. Everytime i stop i become heavier than the last time therefore needing to lose more. This time i would love to lose 6.5 stone but not sure that i can achieve that.

well i need to lose 3 half stone this time i lost 3 stone last time with weight watchers but due to having my hip replacment last year ive regained it all.. however i find weightwachers kinda strict.
i was very limited on eating out with i love to do. and well there wasnt
enough points in the day.!
i ended going to bed early lol,
im trying real hard with this diet. yes i ask loads of questions just tryin to work out the plan really.. i cant wait till i weigh in on thursday. what day is ur weigh in day.? all the best for this week.
let me know how u get on :) lushx

Hi Lushx
Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Thanks for looking at my food diary - i love looking at other peoples for tips and ideas.

You can usually adapt pretty much any recipe to make it SW friendly, personally i dont find there isnt much you cant make sw friendly...using syns too.

I used to be a calorie counter like you but since starting SW havent given them a 2nd thought....i eat chocolate daily and love every second of it! :)

If you need any ideas just let me know - Extra Easy is definately the best plan.

Some lunch ideas
I try to limit my eggs to 3 per week (usually use at weekends for cooked brekkie) couscous and pasta salads with prawns/chicken/lamb. Jacket potatos with cottage cheese/cheese and beans/coleslaw and ham/tin of ratatouille/chilli & cheese.
Toasted ham & tomato sandwich. Low fat supernoodles with lots of mixed veg & chopped chicken.

Good luck
REM

Hi Lush, take a look at the recipe section and you'll soon be inspired. Like you I ws getting so bored and i think that is one of the main reasons I recently gave up. My favourite meal sunday roast where everything is free on an extraEasy day except for the bisto which I have to syn.

What about spaghetti and meatballs made with lean mince and onions etc.... make the sauce with passata.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend! You seem to have a few ideas there on different food - hope you are managing to include other things now. Ive just had homemade SW lasagne (leftover from last night) mullerlite yogurt, apple, banana + satsuma. For breakfast i mainly have porridge as i feel it sets me up for the day. My weigh in day is wednesday so i shall be back to let you know how i got on this week - if you dont hear from me before!

i was on a redday yesterday so i loved my pork with veg altho i syned the gravy..! finally getting the hang of it lol..
just takes time i guess.. haha
im having another red day today.
what days work best.? green or red.? lushx

While some find the Red days better others swear by Green. However as I said before - try Extra Easy - it really is the simplest way to do the plan!!! AND IT WORKS!!!

Hang in there!

good luck shaz for this week.. ive added ya as a friend now.. what does that get me unlimited support.? over coffee and biscuits..
lol..
i dont like the idea of extra easy cant see the point in that.? green/red together.? very strange.? lol altho i did read on that plan to fill up ur plate with less then half of free foods.. hope that dont apply to what im doing .. haha.. thanks daisyboo for adding that tho :p
lushx

Hi Lush, I find red works better for me but I throw in a green day every 10 days or so just to shake my body up!

Glad you are getting the hang of it. It does get easier!

seems as tho i couldnt resist this morning jumping on my scales.. yes i know its bad so early.. start weight last week was 12st 10 well.. i was 12st 8 then tonight after eating. ok thats not a good idea, but i jumped on them again and was shocked to discover i weigh 12st 11 :( whats going on.?
i dont get weighed till thursday night.. so cant imagine not eating all day on thurdsay! lol.. also does anyone know how i add pictures and little icons to my messages.? thanks lushx

Last edited:
hi sorry to post so soon again.. but well this morning i decided to jump on my scales.. just couldnt resist,! lol and discovered i was down to 12st 7lb then tonight ,, i was 12st 11lb :( really cant understand that one.. seems i weigh heavy in the evening, and my meeting on thursday is in the evening.! i cant imagine not eating all day on thursay.. crazy.
also can someone tell me how i go about adding pictures and icons to my posts,? thanks lushx

Hello All :eek:) Just found his forum and been 'lurking' then decided to register and say hello! My name's Kerry and I've been following SW for just under 17 months. During that time I've managed to lose 4 stones 12.5lb (hoping it'll be 5 stones this week on WI!) but still have a loooooong way to go yet, am hoping to lose at least another 7 stones. So all being well I should be sticking around for a while. So...um....that's me. Nice to meet you all!! ((waves))

Nice to meet you Kerrybee - you've done really well and i, like you, have a long way to go so guess we will be bumping into each other on here! Lushx i have thrown my scales away - they went on the bonfire at the weekend, it really isnt good to weigh inbetween class and everyones weight is much heavier later in the day/evening than they are in the morning! Please dont be afraid of EE it makes it so much easier to stick to, i do it most of the time. Goodluck for the next couple of days before weigh in - have you got your days meals/food planned out? maybe if you put it on here we can help you make the most of food with our ideas?

been looking through my food diary this week.. and ive eaten 10 eggs.! dont know if thats a good thing or not :/ im getting weighed tomorrow. so ill let u know how i get on. my sister started last week with me and has been eating so much she is bloated. she dont think she has lost :( today ive eaten red day

breakfast
2 eggs i coffee 1.5syn for sugar
fat free yougurt

lunch

2 bread healthy option b
gammon free
fat free yougurt

2 alpen bars healthy option b

dinner

half can meatballs 5 syns
2 eggs again..! lol
4 chicken slices
options drink 2 syns

snacks later
maybe another fat free yougurt
another options and a banana.

tell me do u think ive eaten to much..!! ????

thanks lushx

breakfast
2 eggs i coffee 1.5syn for sugar
fat free yougurt

lunch

2 bread healthy option b
gammon free
fat free yougurt

2 alpen bars healthy option b

dinner

half can meatballs 5 syns
2 eggs again..! lol
4 chicken slices
options drink 2 syns

snacks later
maybe another fat free yougurt
another options and a banana.

tell me do u think ive eaten to much..!! ????

thanks lushx

I would say your not eating enough - you need to add more fruit either for puddings or snacks inbetween meals and add more veg to your actual meals. Your sister may feel like she is eating too much but I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest if she has lost more out of the two of you this week going on what you have been posting there.

Re-read your Food Optomising book - get the latest magazine and read it cover to cover for some inspiration - trust it and go for it - your need to eat something other than eggs and bacon and yogurt - and on this diet YOU CAN!!

i had to laugh when i read that last post.. ive never been good at cooking and finding this week my hardest :(

Back