New to SW

ClairaBee

Hi I'v been a WW member for a number of years and I'm joining SW tomorrow, I lost 3 stone on WW but have completely fell off the wagon and put 2 stone back on following a slipped disc!!! I'v got a few friends that recommended SW as the plan is easier to follow and easier to maintain!' Looking forward to meeting new people n sharing experiences xxxx

Good Luck ClaireBee... I'm planning on starting SW but going to do it solo as I'm not really good with the whole group session thing... I did Lipotrim a few years back and lost 4stones but then I had an accident and busted my knee and put it all back on and more... but I really want to get on track and do it this time..and slimming world seems really good as its something that can become a lifestyle... good luck and let us know how you get on x

Best of luck ladies, it's a fantastic programme, you will be amazed at how much you can eat, it'll take a little while to get used to it, especially if you've previously done WW. You'll eat better than you've ever done and there is great support here.

I second that. As a previously ardent weight watcher (hey who am I kidding, I've done them all) I believe that although WW is effective it doesn't teach good eating habits. All the snack food and ready meals they sell, well who are they kidding. It breaks no dependancy at all. SW has revolutionised my way of thinking (with the aid of a little hypno to help a pre existing eating disorder). It takes some getting used to but myself and by extension my entire family have never eaten as well as we do now I'm on slimming world. It's by far the best eating plan and I am a total
convert. If you couldn't tell. ;)

I'm on SW and I will be honest and say initially its not the easiest plan, but you need to read the books several times cover to cover and it will just all click into place, when it does then its easy to follow. I lost 6 stone on WW many years ago but I can honestly say I was starving as I approached goal weight. It tought me to reduce the amount I was eating but SW teaches you about eating the right foods. I gained 5 stone back on. I'm absolutely loving SW and when I cook up some of the recipes I look at them thinking "no one is going to believe this is diet food". The main piece of advice I would give you is to stick to the plan 100% wherever possible because then you will get the best results and remember to drink plenty of water. Also don't be afraid to throw in red and green days to the mix, its good to confuse the body LOL Good luck and keep us posted on your progress x

Back