New to the site and diet - looking for advice

Zanzibar 2021

Hello Everyone

looking for some advice please, I have been doing Exante diet for 8 weeks now. I have been having 4 products (mostly bars) a day with 3 litres of water, in the first 6 weeks I had lost 1stone 12 lbs but my weight loss Has come to to a stand still, for the last 2 weeks I haven’t lost anything, I’m also getting quite severe trapped wind. Anyone else had problems? I have another 5 stone to loose so any advice great fully received thank you so much in advance xxx

Hey Zanzibar, good to meet you. Well done on getting so far and for your loss already. Thats some good work and dedication. When ive done VLCD in the past i've had plateau periods, weeks with no change. Sometimes I lost lots of inches, others nothing at all changed. You could try changing up the products more and having less bars and more stuff you add water too as well as having your water intake as is. If you're going to toilet ok, maybe your tummy is just fed up of having the same kinds of product and wants some different texture/consistency. Might be worth checking with your dr just incase its something that needs investigating, Could be diet related or completely unrelated. I've had constipation at times with the diet too. You could take some fibre type gel maybe. Good luck and well done again so far

Hey Zanzibar, good to meet you. Well done on getting so far and for your loss already. Thats some good work and dedication. When ive done VLCD in the past i've had plateau periods, weeks with no change. Sometimes I lost lots of inches, others nothing at all changed. You could try changing up the products more and having less bars and more stuff you add water too as well as having your water intake as is. If you're going to toilet ok, maybe your tummy is just fed up of having the same kinds of product and wants some different texture/consistency. Might be worth checking with your dr just incase its something that needs investigating, Could be diet related or completely unrelated. I've had constipation at times with the diet too. You could take some fibre type gel maybe. Good luck and well done again so far
thank you so much for your advice, your right I’m going to try and mix it up a bit more, hopefully the weight loss will begin again soon X

I’m sure it will!! If that doesn’t work, step up for a week to more calories, maybe 2 or 3 hundred calories more a day of protein for a week, to see if that resets your metabolism or something. Heard stuff like that helps before too x

Back