New to the site and gotta shift 10 stone

Theemand

Hey all have just been reading some of your threads and you are all so inspirational. I know it's not going to be an easy journey but I'm determined I don't want to stay like this forever!
Have been looking at loads of options like SW and WW even the Cambridge diet but I think I might try calorie counting for now and see how I get on.
Thinking of buying a cross trainer or exercise bike but not sure which is for the best
Anyway this is me hopefully by the end of year I'll be near my goal

Hi, welcome to the site.

well done on making the step to lose weight, it can be daunting when you have loads to lose but take it a step at a time.

good luck with calorie counting, it can be done. Im sure theres a calorie counting forum, so it may be worth seeking it out.
youll get lots of hints and tips from people following the same diet as you.
Im doing Dukan at the moment (done SW/WW/Calorie counting in the past) Im loving it, I use the Dukan section as well as the WeMitt section.

one thing I would say is take lots of pictures (front/back/each side profile)
I try to take some each month, so I can see the changes. Plus usually people regret not having their 'before' picture.

Also take loads of measurements, again do this each month.
There may be times when you lose inches rather than lbs.

good luck.xxx

Thank you =) it can be a bit daunting this weight loss lark when you realise how much you actually have to lose! Starting with small goals though will take it one step at a time!

I've heard of the Dukan diet but have no idea what it is. I'm tempted by the Cambridge diet/slim and save because I think seeing a big loss would spur me on. I keep dithering over the decision though, I know I could stick to it but because I have so much to lose it scares me a bit.

Hoping help and advice on here will help and my family etc are behind whatever decision I make so that's another positive. Thank you for replying xxx

I really enjoyed SW but find at times it can be too relaxed. youre allowed to use syns of bad foods and can even have off days (flexi days)
It fits in well with families, however their new plan-Extra easy isnt for everyone. Some struggle with it, some do brilliantly with it.
Slimming world is all about eating healthy for life.

Hey all have just been reading some of your threads and you are all so inspirational. I know it's not going to be an easy journey but I'm determined I don't want to stay like this forever!
Have been looking at loads of options like SW and WW even the Cambridge diet but I think I might try calorie counting for now and see how I get on.
Thinking of buying a cross trainer or exercise bike but not sure which is for the best
Anyway this is me hopefully by the end of year I'll be near my goal
I am buying a 2 in 1 cross trainer and bike because I did not know which was best. I am getting here the bike is cheaper but the cross trainer is the same price.
Buy York Aspire 2-in-1 Exercise Bike and Cross Trainer at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Exercise bikes, Cross trainers and elliptical trainers, Gifts.

Late response, Welcome to the forums!

I am following Slimming World and loving it, you can eat plenty of food and I am never feeling hungry which is good. I tried Weight Watchers in the past, it just wasn't for me all the weighing/measuring amounts frustrated and me I constantly felt hungry. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on!

Sorry haven't been on for a few days do didn't know I had any replies! I'm still sticking with the calorie counting and bought a cross trainer the other day as well. I'm trying to do 10 minutes a day and build up from there. The first time I did it I thought I was going to need CPR =\
I've done weight watchers before and that worked quite well. For a fat lass though I don't really eat that much i used to be partial to a few cheeky glasses of wine of an evening and then nibble crap! Oh well the journey has begun and it's first weigh in Sunday so fingers crossed something has worked

Back