New to this forum but not to Atkins

morenachica

Silver Member
Hello to everyone. I'm new to this forum but not to this board. I've tried Atkins before a few years back in 2007 and lost around 30 pounds in the first month and then 20 the second month. It really works, I just went back to my old eating habits and of course gained the weight back.

I've tried the VCLD, which works but it's just too hard for me and I end up binging so I've decided to come back to atkins and this time I know I can't go back to my old eating habits. I really didnt do maintence and that was my biggest mistake.

This is day 5 for me and I've already lost 7 pounds woohoo.. this board definitely will help me and adjust to after losing the weight. Losing the weight is the easy part keeping it off and changing your eating habits and etc..is the challenge..

I look forward to making friends here for advice and encouragement.:D

Hello and Welcome :)

Fab loss already for you, well done :)

This is a great board, lots of friendly "faces".

Thanks Louise :thankyou: congrats on your weight loss..

I'm looking forward to this journey and making friends and getting advice and etc.. and also getting encourgement from others on this board

Hello & congratulations morenachica, your weight loss is wonderful!! Oh how I envy and admire you.. You are among friends.

Hi guys, I too am back after having toyed with various diets but am very determined to stick to Atkins now for the next few months. I'm off on my hols on 25th August so hope to lose quite a bit by then:fingerscrossed:

Welcome honey,
I'm a similar story to you having had great results before, but just didn't commit to it long term. Then toyed with a few other diets which made me thoroughly miserable.

I love the Atkins as I can eat all the foods I really love, so don't really feel too deprived.

I've not been on this forum for too long but was made to feel welcome from day 1. It's awesome here! :)

Hi & welcome Caroline, good luck with the weight loss. Atkins is a slow & steady sort of loss but I'm sure you'll have shed a good few lbs before your holiday.

Thanks Laura, I'm looking forward to getting lots of hints and tips from you guys! :)
Been out for ingredients today to make some of the Oopsie rolls everyone seems to be talking about.

Welcome honey,
I'm a similar story to you having had great results before, but just didn't commit to it long term. Then toyed with a few other diets which made me thoroughly miserable.

I love the Atkins as I can eat all the foods I really love, so don't really feel too deprived.

I've not been on this forum for too long but was made to feel welcome from day 1. It's awesome here! :)

Hi Boogaloo,

How are you getting on with the diet? Hope it's going well for you!

:welcome: Morenachica and Caroline! I'm fairly new to Atkins, was on CD for just over 3 months before moving over. Everyone's really friendly and helpful on here, there's no way i'd have lasted this long without the friendly people and good advice.. :grouphugg: Good luck to both of you on your journeys.. x

Hi Boogaloo,

How are you getting on with the diet? Hope it's going well for you!

To be honest I was beginning to get a bit despondant until I joined this forum as I seemed to be getting nowhere. However after reading through some of the threads and using suggestions made by other about what was stalling them (ie: Cheese, caffine and citric acid) I cut them out and voila 4lb gone.

Gotta love this place!

Hello everyone and thanks for the repsonse. British Claire, Laura, Boogloo, Wrinkly and Louise :)

Just reading a few posts, I feel so great that there is a support network out here. You can always learn from other people's expereinces. I did atkins back in 2007 and lost 50 pounds but went back to my old eating habits and of course gained the weight back. I tried other diets and played around the VLCD were just too strong for me and I couldn't last without a binge. So I went back to what worked and boy has it been working. 7 pounds gone and 33 to go. I'm confident that i will get them off and this tiem keep them off. With the support of this board and from others who are in maintence..

One thing I'm glad I found out about was the cheese and cirtic acid which may cause a stall. i really dont eat that much cheese and I stay away from acid stuff because it breaks my skin out. I'm on day 6 and going strong..

big hugs to everyone

Hi morenachica and Caroline.

Welcome and good luck both of you,

morenachica how on earth do you manage to low carb in the land of Pasta! :D

Hi Jim and thanks. Well you know I'm not a big pasta fan in the first place so it's not that diffcult for me. But you know they do eat a lot of meat here too..

I see you are the expert here and when I start maintence I'll definitely will be asking you a lot of questions..

well, not sure about expert, but I have been on Atkins for a long long time love. :) I'll be happy to answer any questions. I do find maint is very easy for me.

I'm sure you can help me. The last time I lost 50 pound on Atkins and I stayed in induction for 2 months and that's how I lost the weight. but what I never did was maintence and easy some good carbs back in my lifestyle instead a started back eating like I did to gain the weight and of course eventually the weight came back.

when you started maintence what did you do? did you add 10 add carbs each week? calorie count? how did you find that balance?

I did induction for 6 months and then moved into OWL adding 5 approx. 5 carbs a month until I stopped losing. I dropped 5 carbs and stayed there losing about 2lbs a month until I was about 4lbs under target weight, at that point I added the carbs back in. I'm on between 50 and 60 carbs a day now, and I do allow myself to eat bread, rice, chips and pasta occasionally, I won't eat more than one carby item a day, and then not every day either.

Ok and thanks for that. I really dont have a specific date for when I want to reach my goal weight of 130, but I'm going to stay in induction until I'm at 130. I'm going to use your system with adding 5 carbs a week and see what happens after I reach my goal weight.

My idea is to do what you are doing to maintain my weight by having 50-60 carbs a day and like you not eat pasta and rice everyday but maybe 1 carby item a day and maybe 2 times a week have a dish of pasta or something like that. But I guess you have to find a system that works for you.

I haven't weighed this week and I'm not going to until saturday because its TOM and I always gain 5 pounds of water that's a given. for me on the atkins I lose around 5 pounds a week. I really lose weight on this program. I always tell people it works for sure but you have to change your lifestyle afterwards and not go back to what made you fat in the beginning. I tried the VLCD and it was too hard and I'd binged. on atkins at least you can eat :)

Thats 5 carbs a month love, I think you need to give it time, 5 carbs a week would be to fast for me. ;)

ohh okay.. I guess when I reach my goal weight I should experiment with adding 10 carbs a month and see how it goes..

should be Ok there I reckon.

:)

Back