new to this!!

Hi,

I have never really bothered about my health/diet before but now I'm in my mid 40's and want to get to paradise beach this Summer, I suddenly feel the urge to do something about my body. I really don't have a clue where to start. Any advice to get me going would be appreciated...

Anne

Hi Anne and welcome to the forums!

The best thing to do in my opinion is to make a log of what you eat and it's calorie content. Aim to eat around 1000 - 1200 calories per day. Also just use common sense towards eating, try to eat as clean as possible, nothing processed or full of anything artificial. Fresh Fruit and Vegetables and lean meat and you can't really go wrong :)

Hi Anne,

Well it all depends on what diet you want to do as such, im calorie counting at the moment, eating fewer calories than i was before (theres calculators on the net to help you work this out) eating less fat also im going to the gym 3x aweek, but i wouldnt cut your calories to much at first because at some point your body will hit a platue and get use to what your eating so you may need to make some changes later on to your routine or diet.

Also try to do some form of exercise 3x a week.

Making small changes to your life style can also really help, like if you take sugar in your tea/coffe use sweetner instead and take the stairs instead of the lift or walking instead of driving and drinking lots of water etc.

Good Luck.xxx

I'd look at all the different diet forums on this site and see what people say about the individual diets. You can then ask questions about specific diets to see if you think one of them might suit you. You really need to identify why you are overweight and what it is that makes it hard for you to lose weight; different diets will tackle things in different ways so someone that suits one person might not suit another.

Last edited:
Back