Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New to this !!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mr & Mrs chubbychops, 17 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Mr & Mrs chubbychops

Mr & Mrs chubbychops Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi started the diet today and must admit a bit confused !!! Here's hoping someone can help. I am trying to understand the extra easy !!! I understand that at meal times I have to have a third of my plate super free but if I fancy a yoghurt or a snack during the day do I have to have fruit or veg with it? What do people snack on ? How do I find out which ready meals in the supermarket are free?
    These are probably the first of many questions as I try to get to grips it has to work have sooo much to lose:cry:
    Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On Extra Easy, you should really only snack on superfree food. If you wanted a yoghurt, then I'd suggest you have it with some fruit as well. As long as a third of your food over the day is superfree, you should be fine.

You can check syn values on the Slimming World website, so long as you're a paying member. I doubt there'll be many ready meals which are free to be honest, but you might find some low syn ones!

4. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi read a few of the food diaries on here to get some idea what others are eating, i am following ee but i have yoghurt as a snack on its own at anytime and have between 10 and 15 syns every day have been following it for 3 weeks have lost 8lbs so far good luck :)

5. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    On EE they do say as a snack try and make your first choice superfree but its only really a recommendation.

Yogurt is still free on EE so personally if you snack on one of those you'll be fine. Just dont over indulge or it could be detrimental to your weightloss :D

Good luck

6. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure theres some of the chicken breasts in tomato and basil sauce type frozen meals that are free. One of them with a bag of m/wave vegies and you've got a quick meal

7. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you need to apply a modicum of common sense - it says snacks should be superfree as a first choice. If you choose 18 (free) yogurts over an apple and a few grapes, it follows you probably won't lose much weight! However, I don't religiously always have superfree for snacks - if I have a mid morning and mid afternoon snack, I try and make one superfree (usually fruit), and then the other I have a yogurt or a syned kit-kat etc.

I have quite a lot to lose, and I think I will then have the flexibility to replace my second snack with superfree as I (hopefully!) get nearer to my target. I guess if you only have a small amount to lose you should try and make more snacks superfree?

8. Mr & Mrs chubbychops

Mr & Mrs chubbychops Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for the advice I have done this diet ages ago and understood my red days - will take a bit of getting used to but thanks:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.