Attack New to this

katiep

Hi everyone, I've just ordered my Dukan diet book and was wondering if there is any advice any of you have for this diet? I'm generally not too good at dieting :sigh: However sfter baby number 3 i really need to shift some pounds!!!

xx

Hi :)
I'm new to this too but there are loads of people who have heaps of knowledge so never feel afraid to ask anything.

My advise would be to read the book, I put the allowed foods list on my fridge. Try to plan a days food for the following day, have plenty of Dukan friendly snack so you don't go hungry, drinks the recommended water and 30 mins walking :D

There is plenty of variety but also restrictions which need to be followed to get the results you want. Have you been on the Dukan website and calculated your True Weight, it also tells you how long to be on attack etc ( its free to work this out ;) )

Good luck and look forward to hearing more from you
x

Good luck! - Definitely read the book cover to cover, decide if it is for you, and if it is, go shopping before you start.

Ask any questions you have here - the people on this board have been wonderfully supportive and very expeiences; I couldn't have managed the last 3 months without them.

Hi,
Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement. What kind of meals are people generally eating during attack? I've always been a complete snacker, not really got a sweet tooth but 3 meals a day has never been my strong point.. any advice you have on meals to eat in the attack phase would be appreciated, i've got to do 3 days of attack. I'm starting on Monday so will be having a dukan shop on Sunday ha ha so i have enough things in so that i don't get tempted by anything else lol :)

The beauty with Dukan is you can snack on protein to keep you from feeling hungry.
I have 3 meals a day and 1 or 2 snacks depending what I need.
During attack good snacks are slices of beef, chicken, boiled eggs, tuna mixed with quark ( no Mayo ), seafood sticks - max 8 per day.
Make sure if you buy cooked meats that you check labels to ensure no added " non Dukan foods" some makes have potato starch and sugars!!! Yuk ..... I cook my own most of the time,
Good luck it's a fab plan :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi, also new to Dukan. I have read the book and now thinking about starting my attack phase when I have gathered more information. Can anyone confirm if I would be able to use the mixed herb packets (Colmans Season and Shake, Maggi So Juicy) to cook chicken/turkey to give some flavour to the meat. Thanks :)

Hi, also new to Dukan. I have read the book and now thinking about starting my attack phase when I have gathered more information. Can anyone confirm if I would be able to use the mixed herb packets (Colmans Season and Shake, Maggi So Juicy) to cook chicken/turkey to give some flavour to the meat. Thanks :)

Avoid! Products like these usually have added sugars and starches to add texture, bulk and flavour.

A far better solution is to take a plastic bag and add the spices and herbs on the Dukan list, then pop in the chicken - cheaper, tastier and no danger of undermining the diet.

and also I'd advise posting some menus in advance... please fill out your User CP too. Good luck!

Back