New to this

bubbles88uk

Ok guys so i'm new to this Slim Fast stuff been on it since monday 25/05/09 it's now wednesday and it's going good so far i'm trying to get down to my goal weight wich is 10st is that healthy? I'm 5ft 4 and 12st 12 at the moment and would like to reach this goal by October do you think thats possible?i have four months to lose 2st 12 any success stories would be welcome. Oh and just to mention i am on this diet because i am such a fussy eater and years of fussy eating has taken it's toll lol.....so i was wondering if anyone had any food suggestions for my evening meal i love my veggies and only eat chicken as meat and i know it sounds like a cop out but i hate HATE salad i have never liked it and never will oh i dislike pasta aswell. :p:p:p

Welcome and good luck on slimfast. Yes that is totally achievable by October if you stick to the plan. You have exactly the same amount of weight I have left to lose, and I want to get to my goal by my birthday 30th Oct.

Have you tried any of the weight watchers or supermarket own brand ready meals? There are some really nice ones out there that you'd probably enjoy. Nothing wrong with having chicken (esp grilled, no skin) and veggies for dinner tho. I also sometimes get soup (reduced fat ones) and have that with a bagel or bread.

Aww thank you i will have to try some...are they ok to eat? sorry i'm a bit clueless lol does it matter about the fat in those meals or should i just look at the calories.....also i got it into my head that i have to be strict for the next four months do you ever give yourself a treat? :eek:

Most of them are low fat (under 3%) anyway but do check. Plus most have under the 600 cals you are allowed, so can add extra (like a slice of bread) if you want to make the cals up, or even save them for a pud or extra snack after.

Oh as for treats, I think it's important to say to yourself that you are allowed if you really want to. If you restrict yourself and think you can't eat that, it'll just make you want it more. There are certain things that you can have for a 'treat' that fit in with your snack cal allowance anyway (ie if you have choc craving: the sf choc bar, or even a 2 finger kit kat, breakaway etc. Or if you are having a crisp craving walkers baked are great). Just don't go mad with it. x

Cool cool im ok about the no chocolate and crisps and even if i do fancy a nibble there are reduced fat and calorie versions out there....i just had i look at tesco light choces meals and some of them look delicious and are well with in the guide lines! lol i'm glad u told me otherwise id be living off steamed veg for the next four months....not fun! lol x

Yes the Tesco light choices range is excellent, I love tesco's lol! They do frozen and fresh ones, also a good range of snacks etc. Lots of variety, even for fussy eaters! Lol, I know what that's like as I'm one too (tho not as bad as I used to be!).

Yeah im not as bad as i used to be although i don't like fruit, juice and smoothies i'm fine with but the texture of fruit goes through me! lol another question i was gonna ask is do you do any exercise as i dont have time for the gym i was gonna do some step aerobics in the house a couple of times a week is this enough to achieve my goal? and if you don't mind me asking how much weight have you lost so far and how long has it taken? ;)

Hi Bubbles :) I don't do much exercise :eek: When I first got my wii fit I did it loads, but got bored :eek: I try and do it a couple times a week now. I have just started really working on my tummy muscles, got an ab roller and try and do this everyday

Thank you Hanna i'm guessing thats worked for you then? i have wii fit and i just bought that new ea fitness thing so i will have a go on that aswell.....see how long i stick to it lol!

Hi again Bubbles,
I have horses and three kids so pretty busy with them, have to poo pick the field everyday so that's excercise in itself lol. But I also like to go swimming about twice a week, and have just bought an exercise dvd, so will get going on that too! Last time round I got a rowing machine (which I do still have), trouble I found with this is it is quite boring, plus made my kness hurt a lot. So will probably wait until I've lost a bit more to start using it again.

Last time I was on SF I lost 3 1/2 stone so know it works! I did put 2 stone back on in about 2 years, so off it has to come again, grrr! Trouble was last time I didn't get to my goal weight, but I will this time. This time I started on 20th March and lost 16lbs so far, although haven't lost anything at all for the past month as have been struggling getting back on the diet since having flu. So slight hiccup there, but I'm back to it now!

Aw Well Done! well thats the thing im only 20 so don't have much commitments so struggling to find motivation to exercise i know i need it....although i do alot of walking. Also i went to tesco today lol and bought light choices potaoto and mash....and oh my god it was gorgeous lol! the mash was better than home made and it only came to about 300 or so cals bonus!

Lots of walking is a great form of exercise. Lol motivation to exercise is a hard thing to find for all of us I think! :eek:

Great about the mash! I don't actually like mash so never tried that, but I love loads of the other tesco light choices range, yum yum! Excellent variety in it too. If you like noodles, they do snack pots like pot noodles. Weird thing is I've never liked pot noodle but their version are lovely! The chicken chow mein one is delicious!! Quick and simple too.

Back