New to Xenical

Flutterby3

I there guys, just coming on to post for any advice really -

I am a 21 year old female, struggled with an eating disorder in the past. After going through treatment, my weight gain really got me down so I tried slimming world but it really wasn't for me.

I heard of xenical a while back, and have been researching it for a long while now. I'm a size 12/14 11.5 stones, and people tell me I should be 'happy' the way I am but I'm not and have decided to give xenical a try. Not going to to through my gp as she's not as helpful with these things as I would hope (long story), so am going to buy it online, probably one months supply to start with.

Would really appreciate any advice from those of you who are xenical-ing at the moment. Honestly, ANY advice at all would be a real help x

Hi Flutterby & welcome. The stickie is the best thing for advice. One question though at 11.5 stone is your bmi over 30? If not xenical shouldn't be prescribed. For me what it does is makes me make the right food choices as I eat really low fat now & can't imagine not doing. I think that's tue general idea to be honest x

It's great that you're researching things, and do read the stickies. But please make sure you fit the requirements for xenical, and get it only from reputable sources - your Doctor or Boots/Lloyds online. Buying anything medical over the internet can be extremely dodgy and even dangerous for your health. Perhaps you can ask to see a different GP if you feel yours in unhelpful.

If you are prescribed xen, please consider that you will have to follow a diet similar toslimming world. Alot of the guys here are doing slimming world alongside the xen. If anything, on xen you really have to stick with rules or you will suffer consequences as described in the stickies. If slimming world was not for you, you might need to think about whether xen is the right thing for you at this time. There are loads of options out there. I hope you find what fits for you.

I know this will probably be of little comfort, but we would all be delighted to boast size 12/14 stats like yours. You sound like you feel more in control of your eating now, which is a fantastic achievement.

Thank you all for your posts and advice. I think my BMI is at 27 or 28, so I'm close. But also, thank you for opening my eyes to the reality of xenical - thinking through it all now, I suffered with bulimia for 7 years, during which time I ate all the things I wanted to, without gaining the weight that should've come with it. If I'm honest, a part of me is looking for that type of 'quick fix' - but it doesn't exist. All weight loss methods require sacrifice and discipline, and unfortunately I don't think my head is quite there yet :-(

Unsure of what to do now...

I think in all honesty you've answered your own question that there is no quick fix. Your bmi is too low for anyone reputable to prescribe xen for you. Sensible calorie control & exercise is the answer. When you are ready I wish you every success x

Back