New to Zumba - scared!!!

this sounds so fun! theres a class near me tomorrow, i might just go along! i thought it was only me that felt nervous about going & being the only over-weight one! but everyone sounds like they feel the same! :D

I've got my first Zumba class tonight and I'm terrified... but I feel SO much better after reading this thread. Thanks :) xx

Hope you enjoyed yourself :)

It was brilliant!! Turns out no one was watching me or looking at how daft I was because they were all too busy trying not to fall over and to get the moves right. Everyone was really friendly and supportive and at the end most of us were all red faced and puffing together (even the instructor). I didn't know my back could sweat like that! :/ Defo going back next week x

hi folks.

glad you loving your zumba fitness sessions. just remember that everyone is an individual and the class should always be tailored to include modifications for people that want more high impact. mine start with simple steps which people can continue if they so choose then i add arms which you can choose to leave out if you want, then if we move faster you still have the option of keeping is small and slow. we add a fitness element in too like maybe lunges which you can opt not to do or to do and take is as low or as high as you want. remember to do it at your own pace you have nothing to prove to anyone and all instructors are there to help you enjoy your experience and feel fantastic afterwards. sweating is part of is as is smiling and having a fun time. :)

I am 20 odd stone and i have been going for 5 weeks.... I went on my own to the 1st class and havent looked back.... I started to chat to people now and see them every week...... I do 3 Zumba's a week plus a aqua zumba too.... Its so much fun and the time flies by.... before you know it, its time to go home :(

Enjoy it....... Just go you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.... If you are local to me you are more than welcome to join me.

:)

I had my first Zumba class on Tuesday and I totally loved it. I couldnt believe how much I sweated though, it was so fast. Cant wait for next weeks class:) well done to everyone that is motivated and have took the plunge and gone to a class. xx

Back