New User - Motivate me please!

Well I am about to embark on CD for the first time. I have not done a meal replacement diet before (but have exhausted every other diet on the market!)

Just had my weigh in and purchased products. My initial thoughts - going to be very hungry!!! Any tips for dealing with this?

My aim is to lose 10lb in first 2 weeks, then set next goal when I get there, and know how I feel on the diet.

Feeling motivated today in anticipation - hopefully can maintain that feeling. :family2:

When are you starting? Before New Year could be setting yourself up for a tough one, as everyone around you will be out on New year.

I am getting back into it 2nd Jan after my xmas break. If you d it properly, no cheating and lots of water, you will be very hungry day 3 and 4 but then you will hit ketosis and have no hunger at all.

Good luck.

if it feels right, start!

as for motivation, all I can tell you is that i was exactly where you are not five months ago. I have been bloody-minded and determined, and here I am, 75lbs down (5 stone 5lbs). That could be you. It just takes bloody-mindedness!

Yup - bloody-minded is the mindset you require! I'll say what I always say when people ask about this:

Cambridge is both the hardest and the easiest diet you'll ever do.

Hardest because, of course, you can't join in with all the social eating and drinking you normally do.

Easiest because it takes the whole 'what shall I eat?' dilemma right out of your hands.

Give it a fortnight - try not to think beyond that at this stage. Give it everything you've got for those first two weeks and make your mind up that cheating is only going to cheat you.

Depending on how much you have to lose, you might even lose a stone in those first 2 weeks alone.

Motivated yet? :D

what she said ^^^

Bleeding heck! I knew you two would beat me to it.... Welcome along anyhow! So, like everyone had said, the first week will be the toughest and the key IS to drink as much water as you can stomach and more! I'm 28 weeks in and 44lb down, this is my second time on CD ( pregnancy in-between) still have a chunk of junk to go mind.

You can do it if you really want. Utterly about the bloody mind!

Thanks everyone. I start this morning. New Year will not be a problem, no babysitter and hubby at work so thought why delay!!

Better go pour myself a large glass of water!!!!

Fantastic ladies, you are all anyone needs when they are starting the diet, they helped me get through my first 4 days (definately the toughest for me). I read lots of diaries, scoured the internet for stories, tips and inspiration, and later found some books that I am reading to help keep me motivated.

So find that bloody mindedness and welcome! x

After reading all your successes it does help. Thank you.

Must admit I think the porridge is absolutely disgusting, had to wait until it cooled down so could swallow without touching my tongue - I thought that would be the best meal of the lot???

Managed all through the day on my hot water which kept me sufficiently full until 2pm when I had my pre-mixed shake. The shake was ok, not the best but a vast improvement on the porridge.

More water, and quiet happy with myself, UNTIL - I put a cracker in my mouth when sorting out the kids' teas. I immediately spat it out, but am gutted at my will power that I even did it. I knew the smells of their tea would tempt me, so have had my soup early - wow it was lovely - I was impressed with it. It was the chilli one. I think I would be much better on just soup and shakes.

Have promised to have a bath with the kids then snuggle up with stories - could avoiding the kitchen make me a better mam??

Thanks to everyone.

Thanks Bluegirl. I need to think of it as a positive action, not a let down. Refuse to fail on this! Off to bed to read a book and avoid the smells coming from the kitchen.

I know the first few days will be the hardest, just need to get through them and start to see results - I know that will be enough to keep me going.

Hope a rumbling belly does not keep me awake!

Your results are fab. x

Back