New year, new me....and a new diary!!

vixmania41999

Silver Member
Hey everyone!!!!

I hope you all had a fab xmas and new year.

I've been MIA on here for a while and if I'm completely honest my head hasn't been in SW mode for a few months, well since my holiday in September really. I've been going to group and was doing okish until december but had a few gains over xmas and now I'm about 6.5lbs heavier than I was before my holiday. It is probably more now as I didn't go to group this week as I was in Yorkshire for my husbands grandads funeral and I had a jump on my scales this morning and it says I've put on another 2.5lbs. So i've got until tuesday to get that off at least.

I've started filling in my food diary again and I went to Zumba last night and I am going again tomorrow, planning on having very low syns from now til tuesday (My WI day) and doing as much body magic as possible. Just made a syn free curry which was yum. My fave thing atm is fresh fruit with fat free natural yog and I'll be having that for breakfast nom nom nom.

I'm really focused now but i know I've got a few hurdles that my test my focus. We are moving from Leicester to North Devon at the beginning of February, which I'm excited about but also very apprehensive, we've been living with my parents since october in preperation for the big move and although its been quite stressful I know I'm going to hate taking my 2 year old daughter away, she absolutely loves seeing her nanny and grandad everyday and they adore seeing her too, shes so loving towards them and when they come in from work everyday she says "I've missed you so much" it melts my heart every time, so its going to be hard for all of us, but we're doing it to give her a better lifestyle and we'll be around the hubbies family so we won't be alone. I know the anxiety I'm feeling will put a strain on my willpower so I'll be using my dairy as a tool to help, so if you see me screaming please come and give me a kick up the bum.

We are wanting to start trying to concieve again around july time and I want to be as close to my target as possible to be healthier and fitter in pregnancy and have a visable bump, unlike last time so thats my main motivation for getting back on track.

Wow that was longer than I expected it to be. Anyways come by and say hi and I hope I won't bore you too much I just need all the help I can get and will return the support.

Happy slimming peeps :D xxxxxx

Well yesterday was a bit of a nightmare food wise. i was at MILs for lunch and dinner and had no control over the food so not sure on the syns but i know i defo went over, tried to pick out the better bits without being rude lol. today i'm mega proud of myself though, had a carvery this afternoon as a final family meal before we move and i piled my plate with lots of superfree abd have stayed within my syns, i didn't have a desert even though most of the family did. i was a bit peckish tonight and really fancied something so i had 2 pears and a muller light instead if toast which i was doing. woop feel fab!! Lol

Got WI today. had another good day yesterday. stayed within syns and had lots of superfree and went zumba last night. fingers crossed for later but i'm still not very confident, feel like i've gained!! :s wish me luck.......will update later xx

Woohoo 1lb off. My first loss of 2012. I'm going to sort out my meal plan for this week shortly including a new recipie. need to start cooking different things again. Bring on the next week, i'd love to get slimmer of the week for my last WI at this group!

Ahhh i feel so empowered today, i feel great knowing i am finally fully in control of my eating again and things are getting sorted for the big move. Arranged to see most of my friends to say goodbye, got the van booked and extra pairs of hands to help out sorted. still got to pack everything from my mums but most of our main stuff has been packed since october in MILs garage. i'm finally beginning to feel more excited than scared about our new start!!!

Haha so much for being in control of my food. Went to a friends for dinner tonight and she's had a manic day so just did us all pizza :s couldn't be rude and not eat it and I was starving. Seeing another friend and her little ones in the morning at the Wacky Warehouse so will have to do lots of running round with the kids and keep my syns low, plus got zumba tomorrow night so that should get things back on track. Grrrr, oh well not going to let it throw me off track :)

Still feeling good!!! Happy slimming peeps xxxxx

Hi there how r u getting on? Where in N Devon have u moved? It's where I live! X

hi ladies. sorry not replied sooner, been a bit manic since we moved and still not got internet access so trying to use my phone but connection is SSLLOW lol.

Hi zoe, i'm in Lynton, where abouts are you?

Hey bubbles, i know its been ages, how are you getting on? I'll have a look at your diary in a mo x

Since my last post i had my last wi in leicester and gained 3lbs, this was down to all the farewell meals and drinks and a bit of comfort eating with stress of such a big move and leaving all my family.
We arrived in Devon 28th Jan and i couldn't afford to go to group so i tried to stay in control as best i could although i did consume far too much chicolate and too many biccies through pure homesickness.
Hubby has finally got a full time job and i've got some part time work too so i started back at group 2 weeks ago (a new group obviously) and to my surprise i'd lost 2 lbs, i hadn't been to group for 9 weeks so it could
have gone completely the other way, so i was pretty pleased with myself. i lost another 3 1/2 lbs last week and got wi tonight. i've had a sickness bug this week and not eaten much and the oven/hob is broken so been living on
microwave stuff and salad when i have eaten but still stayed within syns and on track even with easter, and easter is a hard time of year for me as i had a m/c easter sunday 8 years ago but i stayed strong and
didn't have any choccy at all. hoping the scales are kind later and i'll update when i get back. xxx

Had my weigh in tonight and I lost another 1lb its not as much as I'd hoped for but its still a loss. I'm aiming for 2lbs a week between now and when I go back to Leicester in May for a few days. I'd love to be under 14 stone by the time I go, anywhere close and I'll be happy. I'm now 2lbs off what I was back in September when I started to go off track so hopefully by next week I'll be back to that or less which would be great. Hope everyone is ok.

Thanks hun!! Aww, they do say it gets harder the closer you get to target, you look great and must feel amazing, just keep at it, I'm sure you will get there! You've done so well and even if its not coming off as you would like, at least its not all going back on and thats the main thing :) Hope you little lady is well too :)

another 1lb off for me again this week, less than i hoped but its still a loss i guess. not sure how i'm going to do this week as we're are skint and i could only do a tiny shop this week, so didn't get as much fresh fruit and veg as normal. its funny how much things change, 3 years ago before my DD was born i could do a full food shop for the week for £35 ish, just lately to do a proper shop its been more like £90 a week which is ridiculous and we just can't afford it, i'm not even buying branded stuff and luxuries so god knows how its that much every week, managed to only spend £31 tjis week but my fridge is so bare. anyone got any money saving tips on food shopping?

I've lost another 1 1/2 lbs this week which i'm happy with, not had as much superfree as i should have or any other food for that matter as not had any money to buy any, will be the same this week too so fingers crossed i can manage to get another loss. We are really struggling with money atm as my work has messed all my shifts up, i've worked 2 1/2 hours in 3 weeks, hubbys income barely covers the bills let alone food and petrol so they've really screwed us up. i've been starving all week cos i've not wanted to eat much so i know we've got enough to feed DD and hubby. The cost of living down here seems to be higher than leicester and the wages are lower so we are so much worse off then we have ever been, maybe this move wasn't a good idea after all!I need to come up with a business idea to make loads of money, or win the lottery lol

Well done on the losses that is really good especially with so much going on with the move and the money and everything really fab that uve had good losses.
I live over at mullacott over by Woolacombe, mad that we r so close! Where is the class u go to? It def is more expensive here due to the fact that everything is further away. My biggest tip living in north Devon is to find places to get cheaper stuff. Firstly never get ur petrol from lynton or lynmouth as way more expensive so plan when u go to Barnstaple or braunton or ilf to fill up as its cheaper and find shops or farms to buy things like ur meat. Eg someone brings eggs from their farm to my SW group which are like 75p for half a dozen free range which is really good. Or farms or the panier market in barny for ur meat and veg. If I think of anymore Devon living tips I'll let u know! Oh and make sure when u go tesco to stock up even milk as now the grockals r coming the prices in smaller and corner shops will go right up, some shops as much as double the prices in the summer. Hope u have a good day and work sorts themselves out! Xxx

Thanks hun. I've got a feeling we go to the same group then cos we have eggs too, i go to gaynor's 5.30 thursday group at the grosvenor. We always get our fuel from tesco in barney, the petrol station here is extortionate it should be illegal lol the worsre bit is hubby works in barnstaple so we spend soo much on fuel! where is best for meat round here? I always say i want to get stuff from the farm shops but never know where to go lol. Hope you are getting on ok. Its nice to find soneone local on here especially as i don't know many people here yet. xx

Almost forgot to say, I made the Speedy Prawn Curry from the May/June mag tonight, it was really yummy and even the hubby liked it and he's well fussy.

I made a few tiny adjustments like used frozed cooked king prawns (defrosted) instead of the frozen raw tiger prawns as they were cheaper. Used 150g pot of natural yogurt (2 syns for pot) instead of 250g of fat free fromage frais as I forgot to the the fromage frais when I did the food shop and the natural yog was all our corner shop had plus IMO 250g of framage frais would have been too much. It says it serves 4 but it was a nice sized portion for 2 at 1 syn each.

EUGH, WHAT A HORRIBLE, MISERABLE WET DAY (sorry about caps). Been stuck in for days now and we're all going a little crazy lol. Stayed on track though even yesterday when my daughter wanted to do some baking, we made fairy cakes. i did have 3 at about 4 syns each but they were amaze and it was the only syns i had so i'm not stressing. I'm starting my 30 day shred again tomorrow, not used it for over a year so its going to hurt lol. I'll let u know how it goes if i make it out the other side lol. Only 2 1/2 weeks til i go back home for a few days so want to shed a few more pounds before i go so everyone notices a difference lol. hope everyones doing ok xx

Well i've had a nice weekend despite the yucky weather and lack of funds. we all just baked and did arty things and watched films, my daughter is only 2 and a half though so won't sit still long enough to watch a whole film though lol. we had a beaut sw roast for tea cooked by moi and it was my best one yet!!

i'm ashsmed to say i didn't start the shred yesterday and won't be doing it today or tomorrow cos working tomorrow night (if they don't mess me about again) and don't want to be in pain at work lol. i am absolutely exhausted today, didn't get to sleep til really late and my daughter decided to get up at 6.30 this morning. zzzz i'm just snuggled on the sofa in my duvet while she entertains herself for a bit. Hopefully i'll get some energy from somewhere soon, i really want to do my zumba on the wii later and i'm sure my darling daughter won't let me get away with doing nothing for long lol.

So plan for today when i can drag my big butt off the sofa is, play with dd, have jacket spud with tuna and tons of salad for lunch, see if dd will nap and if she does do my zumba if not will do it when she goes to bed. really need to try and drink more water too and have more superfree with my meals.

Well yesterday went out of the window a little bit, I ended up having 2 of hubbys choccy biccies with a cuppa on top of my syns, I was really craving chocolate all day and have no low syn options so I cracked and had two, I did go for a 3rd but I stopped myself, thankfully. So total Syns yesterday were 25, oops. I did do an hour on zumba and 20 mins on just dance on the wii though :D

Today has been a good day, been round my friends in Barnstaple for most of the day and she made us a gorgeous carrot and corriander soup, syn free, although she didn't have any wholemeal bread so I did have 2 slices of white bread but thats the only syns I had today. Had a yummy chicken pasta for tea and been to work tonight. Going to try and keep syns at 5 tomorrow to make up for yesterday and do another hour of zumba when my daughter is at preschool in the afternoon, and the same on thursday. Fingers crossed it will make up for going over.

It seems work have sorted my shifts out now so fingers crossed it will help and I've applied for a couple more jobs this weekend and I'm putting adverts up for my cleaning business that I ran when I was in Leicester so fingers crossed we will get by.

So plan for tomorrow:

1 hour zumba
keep syns at no more than 5.
drink more water

I would love to get 2.5 syns off on thursday to get 4 1/2 stone award (total lost 5 1/2 stone), I think it might be wishful thinking but we can but try :D

Back