Step 1 Sole Source + New year, New me!

Jackie67

Hello Everyone :wave_cry:
Having tried every diet imaginable I am determined this will be the last one I ever do { There probably aren't any more left for me to move onto that I haven't already done anyway}. Most diets work for me initially quite well but I lack the staying power.
Day One has almost gone and I have survived. I met with my CDC yesterday and weighed in at 14st 6lb...vastly overweight for a height of 5ft2in. Felt cold and heady for a while this afternoon and have struggled to get all the water down but feeling better now. Have just had last shake of the day and never thought I would enjoy chicken and broccoli as much as I did. Not much broccoli for 80g tho! Will have an early night. Tomorrow will be another novelty as I will be back at work. Can,t decide if it will be easier being at work or harder...will report back on this tomorrow..
Hope everyone else has had a good day. I used to use this site when I did The Dukan diet and I find it really supportive generally so hope to be on it as often as poss

Thank you Kim
Had a bad first night...feels like I haven't slept much at all. Was in a deep sleep when alarm went off so have struggled to get up. Felt hungry and rough during the night. Nipped onto scales this morning and am down 2lbs...not bad for one day tho my scales probably shouldn't be relied on as they have a foot missing! Had bath and am now on my first bottle of water of the day. Will have shake just before I leave for work.
Goal for today...to ensure I drink all my water
Have a good day everyone

Hi Jackie , it was my first day too yesterday , i'm doing cambridge and slim save too .
Yes winter we want soups in the winter to keep warm , felt cold yesterday , also woke early this morning , all my memories atre coming back to me of these VLCD , cold , peeing for England , but results are what we are here for .
How was your first meeting with your CDC

Hiya
Meeting with CDC waas fine. She only lives up the road and seemed really nice. My weigh in day will be Saturday. Can I ask what is slim & save and how do you do it with cambridge?

hi Jackie
Slim Save is a VLCD , its 4 aday , wheres cambridge i have 3 , its really using up my old stock , so i really like choc velvet partly frozen so i will have them and maybe for dinner i'll have a cottage pie slim save , some people mix them , but slim save is cheaper but you dont have a consulant . have look at the slim save site . but for cost cheaper i love the slim save wafers yum .

Hi Ladies!

hope you dont mind me joining in, today is my first day back! I did this last september for 3 weeks but then I allowed myself a weekend off and the day i was due to get back on track i had some bad news so i never went back! I am seeing my consultant tonight and my OH is doing it with me! yay!!! Im at an all time high, :( feel super motivated though.

Good luck :) xx

feel free to join , how much has he got to lose . well least you can spur eachother on .

I would ideally like to loose 3 and half stone and ben needs to loose about 2 and half so he will get there a lot quicker than me! He has never dieted before so I think he will loose really quickly, where as i have been on a diet my entire life!!

Do you have a time for when you would like to be at goal? I have the 20th April in my head, dont mind if im not at goal but would like a chunk gone! xx

Hi ladies, I have also started back on Cambridge after I have put 23lb back on and am currently on day six, I echo what you have said about the constant toilet trips and being cold, I spent most of my weekend under the duvet watching tv as did not feel great! however today I feel much better just a little cold, but not hungry at all!

I did Cambridge last Jan until beginning of May and lost 3 1/2 stone which was good as I had been dieting all year on WW and Slimming world and had come to a bit of a standstill! I really think this works for me, I just need to learn to maintain a little better!

Good luck on your journeys
Theresa

I would ideally like to loose 3 and half stone and ben needs to loose about 2 and half so he will get there a lot quicker than me! He has never dieted before so I think he will loose really quickly, where as i have been on a diet my entire life!!

Do you have a time for when you would like to be at goal? I have the 20th April in my head, dont mind if im not at goal but would like a chunk gone! xx

ben will lose it quick because he is a man they always do on vlcd . Yes men don't really do diets like us women ... lol
for me i can't think to much on my plan , as i have gained alot over the years and i have said enough is ehough , i'm full of cold now feel rubbish today , but not giving myself no more excuses .
What products will you both be getting ? How does your OH feel about this diet lol

Hi ladies, I have also started back on Cambridge after I have put 23lb back on and am currently on day six, I echo what you have said about the constant toilet trips and being cold, I spent most of my weekend under the duvet watching tv as did not feel great! however today I feel much better just a little cold, but not hungry at all!

I did Cambridge last Jan until beginning of May and lost 3 1/2 stone which was good as I had been dieting all year on WW and Slimming world and had come to a bit of a standstill! I really think this works for me, I just need to learn to maintain a little better!

Good luck on your journeys
Theresa

reading that feel for you , i was also cold yesterday and today and think i have a bit of flu , but just gonna grit my teeth for now lol
its only day 2 for me , but a big shock as been eating loads .
You did well last Jan till May , hang in there for round 2 .

ben will lose it quick because he is a man they always do on vlcd . Yes men don't really do diets like us women ... lol
for me i can't think to much on my plan , as i have gained alot over the years and i have said enough is ehough , i'm full of cold now feel rubbish today , but not giving myself no more excuses .
What products will you both be getting ? How does your OH feel about this diet lol

Ben is really relying on tetras as he is out all day so very difficult to make anything up, he is have 5 products per day as well as he does manual work, so his plan is to take hot mint choc in flask, then have 2 tetras during day, then a soup and shake for dinner.
I do the same everyday, mint hot choc for breakfast, soup for lunch and dinner and a tetra for dessert. I have tried them all and now just stick to the ones i like!

hi theresa,
i want to loose 3 and half stone between now and last weekend of april so its nice to know its achievable! how much have you put on that?

xxx

Just waiting for my chicken and cauliflower to cook. I feel like on the whole I'm doing ok. Felt liked I ached all over earlier and did give in to a couple of paracetomol as I was at work. Probably would have coped with it a bit better at home but am over that now and feel ok. I'm failing miserable with the water tho. I've managed 1.5 litres but I don't really want to have half a litre tonight or I'll be going to the loo all night. I try to keep small bottles with me and sip them but I constantly feel water-logged if that makes sense. It's like I can't squeeze another drip in. I have never been a person who particularly gets thirsty...tended to drink more cos it was on offer rather than because I needed a drink. Do any of you have any tips on this

Ben is really relying on tetras as he is out all day so very difficult to make anything up, he is have 5 products per day as well as he does manual work, so his plan is to take hot mint choc in flask, then have 2 tetras during day, then a soup and shake for dinner.
I do the same everyday, mint hot choc for breakfast, soup for lunch and dinner and a tetra for dessert. I have tried them all and now just stick to the ones i like!

hi theresa,
i want to loose 3 and half stone between now and last weekend of april so its nice to know its achievable! how much have you put on that?

xxx
5 is alot , not heard of having 5 , or am i wrong , men 4 and he could have a meal from the list ? That might be better ? and less in money ? Just check on that info to amke sure , i could be wrong .

read its only 4 for a man and no food on ss plan , double check ok

Just waiting for my chicken and cauliflower to cook. I feel like on the whole I'm doing ok. Felt liked I ached all over earlier and did give in to a couple of paracetomol as I was at work. Probably would have coped with it a bit better at home but am over that now and feel ok. I'm failing miserable with the water tho. I've managed 1.5 litres but I don't really want to have half a litre tonight or I'll be going to the loo all night. I try to keep small bottles with me and sip them but I constantly feel water-logged if that makes sense. It's like I can't squeeze another drip in. I have never been a person who particularly gets thirsty...tended to drink more cos it was on offer rather than because I needed a drink. Do any of you have any tips on this

Hi Jackie , with the water , how about some water flavorings ? if it helps ? yes its a pretty boring diet isn't it at times , its like now i have put some of my coconut powder in my coffee , eww not good , but a change , some people do coke zero , but its a no no but they say their loses are still same , i did hear it makes you more hungry .
did you enjoy your dinner ?
there are times in the day that i think whay am i doing on this , then i talk myself back out of it , i watched that fat familes on tv tyesterday , really makes me wake up . 2 day done for me lol

I never thought I would enjoy chicken and a morsel of cauliflower but I actually did. I'm glad I decided to keep an element of food in as I do actually look forward to having "dinner" Think I may have failed miserably on SS. I think you might be right about the flavourings. I'll have a word with my CDC on Saturday as I don't want me and the water to become at loggerheads. How's it all going with you?

i'm watching embarassing fat bodies now , wake up call for low moments lol
Think of the water as a way to not get a headache also . i take a drink of water to bed with me , i have always got out of bed 3 to 4 times a night peeing so no different on that level . yes ask your cdc about them flavouring .
well theres enough diet programes out there now , to help us lol
i have few moments from time to time where i find it hard and have down times on this but i have to carrying on for now fighting it .
i feel better already in body as my back was killing me , theres postives ..... must think more on them . how much water now have you had ?

I think I might be able to get to 2 litres before bed. I don't usually have to get out of bed at night but I had a bad night tossing and turning last night that it wouldn't really have mattered if I had needed to get up. I feel like I'm posting on everbody's thread on here tonight but it's keeping me out of the kitchen and helping with the motivation. People are probably thinking " not her again!"

Back