New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I know! Finding towels to fit used to be a nightmare lol

Feel horrible today. Went to my sister's so early yesterday that it was before the alarm to take my pill went off so I was a bit late taking it. I was still well within the allowed time frame so thought I'd get away with it but no, still got the horrible cramps etc that I get if I'm really late or miss one. Not used to periods anymore so not used to the pain of cramps!

Decided to start learning a language to try and enhance my job applications but also just for me too, decided to go for Spanish. I've got the Rosetta Stone software and it's fantastic, just finished lesson one. We'll need a minis trip to a Spanish speaking country so I can practice!! :p

Figured I know French ok already and German sounds mean! Spanish is the other one most useful for school. Would like to learn Polish after.

I know! Finding towels to fit used to be a nightmare lol

Feel horrible today. Went to my sister's so early yesterday that it was before the alarm to take my pill went off so I was a bit late taking it. I was still well within the allowed time frame so thought I'd get away with it but no, still got the horrible cramps etc that I get if I'm really late or miss one. Not used to periods anymore so not used to the pain of cramps!

Decided to start learning a language to try and enhance my job applications but also just for me too, decided to go for Spanish. I've got the Rosetta Stone software and it's fantastic, just finished lesson one. We'll need a minis trip to a Spanish speaking country so I can practice!! :p

Oooh-what's the Rosetta Stone like price wise x

Very expensive! Can get it on ebay though, goes quite cheaply sometimes.

That's what rosetta stone is great for, you have to actually speak things to it and it won't let you move on until you get the pronunciation correct!

Making myself a S&S roast for tea tonight, feels like a real treat! :D

Hola! Como esta usted? (Don't know how to do the upside down question mark on the iPad.

Should Caz learn another language?
Does the Pope speak Spanish?

(In case you've missed it -- the new Pope is Argentinian.)

Great plan. Good tip on EBay for Rosetta Stone.

Hola mi amigo! Estoy bien. Yo come pollo. Tengo gato. I can't really do sentences haha

I did hear that. Is it some kind of prerequisite that popes be so old they'll only last a few years?!

The younger guys probably resist taking the job -- it's not a lot of fun. (So, I've heard).

Now what about chicken and cats?

Yeah I wouldn't want the job! Probably a good thing, don't think I'd be a successful applicant lol

Err THINK I said I'm eating chicken and I have a cat. Though was probably I eat chicken lol

I eat chicken. I have cat

I used Google translator. Not bad. :). Or should I say, "Muy bien!"

That's the only thing with Rosetta Stone, it's linking it all up with pictures and so far, I've seen no English writing! So it means I get a rough idea of what things mean but not exact translations. That may come later though, I'm hoping anyway.

Monday again *sigh* Why does it always come around so quickly?! I quite like Monday's though to be honest. I don't have a TA, which means I need to plan things they can do a little more independently but it also means I relax a bit and feel a bit less pressured and watched!

Going to have a night tonight of pretty much nothing I think, nice bath, film and chill. Parents evenings tomorrow and Wednesday until 7.30 so I won't end up getting home until 9 probably. Think it'll work S&S wise if I'm organised. Will have my usual shake in the car on the way to school in the morning, lunch will have to be my protein meal as I don't want it as late as 9pm, if I have a bar during one of my breaks in the evening somewhere and then another shake on the way home. If I take my shaker and clean it out as soon as I get to school it should be ok. Last parents evening I wasn't on S&S and think I ended up stopping at the chip shop on the way home as it was too late and I was too tired to do anything else. Got no excuse for that this time as long as I'm organised.

Anyway, have a good day all. Still very quiet on the boards at the moment! Where is everyone... partying without me?!

Hi Caz,

Just thought I'd drop in and have a nose at your diary! you're doing really well so far! we have the same goal and similar start weight. Hope to be back down to my lowest weight soon! x

No English translations -- it's immersion. The way you would learn it if you were dropped off in a Spanish speaking country.

That's true, pretty much the same as when I was in Thailand I guess and I got by ok there.

Just signed up for a 12 mile sponsored walk for June. It's for some amazing children's charities so it's something that I really want to do, it'll be hard work though! Aaron is going to do it with me, along with two of my sisters, two nieces and a friend, hopefully a few more too. Apparently we're doing it in fancy dress too! =/ Going to try build up walks at the weekend, it'll be hard work but really worthwhile I think. Got a JustGiving page set up online that I've sent through Facebook and I'll put up a sponsor sheet at school. Hopefully we'll manage to raise a bit between us. I hate the pressure of sponsored things, want to raise money for things but people can't always afford to give and feel bad if I don't raise much! That's why I don't do them too often and it's why we've set up a group donation page, less pressure on people.

Eek!

Well done for signing up for sponsered walk Caz very impressed. I do bits of Spanish at school when I'm supporting pupils, but not done any for a couple of years and so I forget, I do bits of French too, which I remember better as I did French at school (although I dropped it in 4th year (Y10) you could in those days) and so I can remember some - even though it's a long long time ago. DD did Spanish to A level, and speaks it quite well, when she and BF went volunterring in an orphanage in Peru she used it, and taught some of the children English.

Good to see you are doing well on S&S I've still not been 100%, I've not lost any weight but my clothes are definately looser - I don't understand why.

I'd quite like piano lessons too so I can improve on that but there aren't enough hours in the day!

You must be losing fat but keep topping up your glycogen stores I would think. Whatever it is, it's working in some way.

Back