New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

WHOOP!!!

That's a fab loss!!!!!!! Impressed. (Deserved, especially after you resisted temptation at the party!)

(Thanks for switching to pounds -- kilos confuse me!)

I hope your day goes well.

I much prefer lbs. Easier to track and work out and 10.1lbs sounds like a lot more than 4.5kg!

Very pleased with today's WI. Just need to keep at it. Feeling hungry a bit today but its that time of the month so probably all in my head because of that. Had lunch and it went. Never get periods as I'm on the pill, have been for years so seems that as it's making a rare appearance, though not a proper one it's bringing proper cramps with it! Sorry if TMI!

I much prefer lbs. Easier to track and work out and 10.1lbs sounds like a lot more than 4.5kg!

Very pleased with today's WI. Just need to keep at it. Feeling hungry a bit today but its that time of the month so probably all in my head because of that. Had lunch and it went. Never get periods as I'm on the pill, have been for years so seems that as it's making a rare appearance, though not a proper one it's bringing proper cramps with it! Sorry if TMI!

It's okay -- your loss is probably even better as it is TOTM.

I only did kgs because of Aaron's scales and I did them very begrudgingly! I can work in kg ok but isn't my preferred way, though I have more idea of what a kilo is than a pound really when I try and imagine them.

Nearly cheated today, slightly. Went to eat a piece of ham, chewed it a bit and then thought what am I doing... spat it out into the bin. A piece of ham, not even a whole piece, really would have made no difference at all. It would have been zero carbs and all of about 20 calories but it wasn't the point. It would have meant that I wouldn't have been 100%, I might have been 99.9% but not 100%. So glad I did it, not because it saved me gaining, just because maybe it's showing that my attitude has changed and that I'm really in this for the long haul properly. I've decided I NEED a holiday this summer, I want to be slim for it!

Going to start having 3 packs and the meal a day. Feel more comfortable having a meal rather than a pack at lunch time at school, no questions then. Can just say I'm dieting, plenty of others are, just nothing so drastic as S&S. We often sit in the staff room discussing Slimming World, Hairy Dieters/Bikers etc., it's a nice school to be in for that actually. No constant supply of biscuits or cakes unlike others I've been at! Need to get some good ideas for my meals now. Had chicken, lettuce and beetroot today, was nice. I've roasted some brocolli, cauliflower, courgette and mushroom to have with turkey tomorrow and Friday, lots of garlic and pepper, yum! Not sure what roasted brocolli and cauliflower is like, I'll let you all know lol

I only did kgs because of Aaron's scales and I did them very begrudgingly! I can work in kg ok but isn't my preferred way, though I have more idea of what a kilo is than a pound really when I try and imagine them.

Nearly cheated today, slightly. Went to eat a piece of ham, chewed it a bit and then thought what am I doing... spat it out into the bin. A piece of ham, not even a whole piece, really would have made no difference at all. It would have been zero carbs and all of about 20 calories but it wasn't the point. It would have meant that I wouldn't have been 100%, I might have been 99.9% but not 100%. So glad I did it, not because it saved me gaining, just because maybe it's showing that my attitude has changed and that I'm really in this for the long haul properly. I've decided I NEED a holiday this summer, I want to be slim for it!

Going to start having 3 packs and the meal a day. Feel more comfortable having a meal rather than a pack at lunch time at school, no questions then. Can just say I'm dieting, plenty of others are, just nothing so drastic as S&S. We often sit in the staff room discussing Slimming World, Hairy Dieters/Bikers etc., it's a nice school to be in for that actually. No constant supply of biscuits or cakes unlike others I've been at! Need to get some good ideas for my meals now. Had chicken, lettuce and beetroot today, was nice. I've roasted some brocolli, cauliflower, courgette and mushroom to have with turkey tomorrow and Friday, lots of garlic and pepper, yum! Not sure what roasted brocolli and cauliflower is like, I'll let you all know lol

I think this is a good way to go. Having that meal allows you to be sociable and also I think it'll help you stick to your plan.

Yep, think having a meal is a good idea. Do you like prawns or salmon. Both fab cold with salad or broccoli, garlic and chilli. :)

I do actually, love them. Only thing is, don't know what kind of salad to make! Can have lettuce, celery, cucumber and green peppers... only like lettuce out of that list though! So my salad has been lettuce and beetroot lol

Just weighed myself this morning, I know, naughty to daily weigh and I don't every day but like a peek occasionally.... I'm 5lbs heavier than I was yesterday morning for my WI... FIVE! :sigh: I don't really get it, I can't understand how on earth I've managed to go up that much overnight. I went on the scales twice yesterday morning, just to make sure that it was right as you know what scales can be like. So both weights are definitely correct. I'd been to the loo though will have food sitting in me still but not an extra 5lbs worth of it from yesterday! I've been completely 100% so can't see an explanation for it. :confused: Going to just ignore it and not worry about it too much but will try and drink plenty of water today to see if that helps.

Completely ignore it Caroline. I read an article a while ago when i did exante. Apparently weighing daily on a VLCD is a bad idea, something to do with electrolytes and how your body stores stuff. I'll try and find it.
Don't worry, complete nonsense!! X

Gosh, that's weird ! And I must admit I would be puzzled too... Flush it through with more water and check in a couple of days. I regain very quickly when I veer away from my diet, but I'm cc-ing and you've been super good on your VLCD.
I agree with the others, it's a blip.

Diva x

Hopefully it's not that yesterdays WI was wrong. I don't know. Trying to drink lots, aiming for 2 litres at school as I've been finishing my 1 litre bottle before leaving for home. Might just leave weighing til next weds now.

Afternoon CG!

Completely ignore it Caroline. I read an article a while ago when i did exante. Apparently weighing daily on a VLCD is a bad idea, something to do with electrolytes and how your body stores stuff. I'll try and find it.
Don't worry, complete nonsense!! X

What she said!

Hopefully it's not that yesterdays WI was wrong. I don't know. Trying to drink lots, aiming for 2 litres at school as I've been finishing my 1 litre bottle before leaving for home. Might just leave weighing til next weds now.

Much better idea.

I'm going to start up the Beck technique of giving myself credit for something every day.

Today's credit...
I told my mum this morning (made me late!) that I'm doing a VLCD again, something which is quite hard for me
I sat in the staff room at break and lunch time inches away from cake and then just around the corner all afternoon and didn't even sniff it
I said no to take away

More on the take away front... My mum called about half an hour ago, my dad wanted her to check if I wanted dinner from the chip shop. Considering the conversation we had just this morning I was quite surprised and said that no, obviously I wasn't going to have it. She was like yes because of the diet and said that she told my dad but that he wanted her to check anyway. Whilst I appreciate the thought, I'd appreciate if they tried to help me stick to the diet instead! *sigh*

Loving the giving yourself credit thing. Maybe I should try that.

Well done for telling your Mum about S&S. I now how difficult you find telling anyone about diet malarkey. :)

Said to people at school I'm dieting too, just not told them what diet I'm doing. They probably think that I'm doing SW, doesn't matter as long as they know and stay away from me when they have tasty things! There's a woman there who's been going to SW for about 6 months on doctors prescription and stays away from all the bad stuff so if needs be, I'll sit near her when there's things around! Though having said that, I avoided the cake, so maybe I've got more willpower than I think.

So tired, early night tonight. Will happily be in bed by 9!

That sounds like a good plan. I'm cracking open the Beck book -- so, the giving myself credit idea great idea.

I agree with Mel and others ignore the scales. Good idea about 3 packs and meal, so much easier when you are at school.

Back