New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Hi everyone :)

Been having a bit of a think about things this evening, well, been having a think about that 5lb gain that I saw overnight on Thursday and I'm wondering if there are actually some things that I've done that have caused it. I've been using salt, which I've not normally done when I've done things like this before, which could well be leading to water retention. I've also really not been drinking enough, which, from what I've read, can cause you to hold on to water as well. Also the things that I have been drinking (flavoured water mostly) have got citric acid in it, which can kick you out of ketosis. I'm not sure whether being knocked out of ketosis causes a water weight gain or whether that's just if you're knocked out of it by carbs. So there are a few possible causes other than TOTM and think those are things I'm going to change. I'm going to stop putting salt in things, I don't normally add salt to my meals and didn't from the start so not sure why I have been lately! Really need to start drinking more, which I needed to do anyway, nearly 7pm and I'm only just under 1 litre. It's not good really. Once I've finished off the lemon and lime water that I've got I'm going to find another option that doesn't have citric acid in it, even if that means having to resort to plain water, though I really don't like it! So that's my action plan for this coming week, just hope it makes a difference.

The salt and low water seems the likely culprits. I've never had an issue with lemon or lime. Good attitude to think on it and formulate a plan.

I still think you're in a gang --it totally explains the tattoo.

Drink the tea - ginger is a metabolic booster!

I'm going to give up the salt and up the water and if that doesn't work, change my water so that it's not got citric acid in it. Going to aim for 2 litres a day, once I get used to that, going to aim for 3. I know that when I drink water it does help me lose more weight but it has so many other benefits. I forgot about the tea Mel, going to go make a cup now!!

I'm going to give up the salt and up the water and if that doesn't work, change my water so that it's not got citric acid in it. Going to aim for 2 litres a day, once I get used to that, going to aim for 3. I know that when I drink water it does help me lose more weight but it has so many other benefits. I forgot about the tea Mel, going to go make a cup now!!

Good girl!

sounds like you made wise fod choices when you were in London Caroline. We have just got back from London, after dropping DD off at her new flat. Her BF parents were also down and me and his mum were quite tearful.

I've been off plan for a couple of days but stayed low carb, but back to S & S for me tomorrow

Get back on track and you'll be ok trisha.

Oh dear.... It's snowing outside... It's settled... Oh dear.... *cries*

Morning Caroline, I hope you find something to up your fluid intake, plain water is not very appealing I know, I can only drink it ice cold :)

Hope your journey wasn't too bed given the weather conditions! have a good day x

Been thinking abut you all morning, hope your journey to work wasn't too bad hun. :)

She posted on Facebook it went okay.

Thanks for thinking of me. Journey was alright, was absolutely dreading it but once I got out of my road there was a lot of snow but the roads were quite clear. Just took it slow. Did see a car that had obviously swerved, gone up the verge and landed on it's side. I had to take a few deep breaths so it didn't send me in to a panic, otherwise I felt fairly ok.

The house smells of food.... really really good food :(

Been having a bit of a think about everything tonight. Thinking about how to really make it work this time AND keep it off. Made lots of little decisions but one is to start exercising again. Even just 10 mins of pilates a day, it's something and more importantly it's building up good habits. Going to TRY and do it in the mornings before school. Not sure if I'll manage it but will give it a go!

Been having a bit of a think about everything tonight. Thinking about how to really make it work this time AND keep it off. Made lots of little decisions but one is to start exercising again. Even just 10 mins of pilates a day, it's something and more importantly it's building up good habits. Going to TRY and do it in the mornings before school. Not sure if I'll manage it but will give it a go!

Baby steps and build. Good plan.

Good idea hun, you'll be surprised how quickly something becomes a habit..a good habit! ;) Good luck and I hope the snow is clearing..we still haven't had as much as a snowflake :) x

Snow wasn't too bad today, just quite icy. Pavements were worse than the roads though, they weren't too bad because of the gritting.

Had a training day all day today and left at 3 so thought I'd pop to the high street on the way home as I needed new foundation and never get to go. Came home £70 poorer, oops! It was nice to treat myself to a few things though, isn't something that I do that often really. Most of my money tends to get just wasted away somehow!

Like I said earlier, was at training all day today. Planned to have a bar for lunch and have the rest of my packs when I got home as I wouldn't have access to water for a shake or a microwave for a meal pack. Turned out that we got free lunch so went with everyone to the canteen to see what was on offer. There was lasagne, chilli, chicken, rice, chips, wedges, garlic bread, beans, cheese, peas, salad stuff... what did I have? The chicken (which I checked was just roasted dry in the oven) and salad. Was impressed with myself! Turned down pudding too. Feels good to get to an end of a day where I could have easily ruined it but knowing I stayed 100%. Wasn't even bothered really, chicken was lovely and really filled me up.

Will done on resisting the temptations today.

I bought new foundation at the weekend too and ended up spending £70. It was great fun. I used my Christmas voucher to put towards it. What did you get? I absolutely LOVE make up. Don't wear it on a daily basis, can't be bothered and don't have time, but when i do i enjoy using it so much.
I realise that makes me quite sad. Lol

Great food choices! How lovely you treated yourself!

I didn't buy anything massively exciting really, well not to most normal people probably anyway! In boots I bought a few toilet boring bits and then two tubes of this colour matching BB cream. My foundation has been discontinued so this was the recommended alternative that's similar apparently. Thy were buy one get one half price so thought might as well make the most of it. I bought a lip stain thing, like the child of a lipstick and lip gloss lol splashed out on some decent make up removing wipes too. I've got really sensitive dry skin that's made a lot worse if I don't take make up off. From superdrug I bought two bottles of magnetic nail varnish, my new craze at the moment! Then it was just boring stuff like hair pins, nail varnish remover pads, wax strips etc. Did get a few face masks to treat myself to. Also an electric razor type thing. I did want an electric toothbrush but I wasn't paying £50!!

What did you buy SQ?

Weigh in tomorrow, not feeling hopeful!

Back