New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Well so far I've emailed about rearranging a course, emailed back arranging a trip and activities for the afternoon, arranged additional phonics test papers, planned a few lessons for last week, written a letter to parents of children that I'm taking to a multi skills competition next week and read a little of my diet special magazine. Not too bad so far! Is it nap time?

Well done, you're on a roll Caroline..no stopping now, quicker its worked through. quicker its done! :)..then time for a nap! :) Remember to stop for lunch! Enjoy working from home, you made the right decision hun x

Very productive Caroline. You made the right decision this morning, the roads are so dangerous today. There was a minor accident at the end of my road earlier on because the car had skidded on black ice. No one was hurt, my point being I live on a very busy main road, not a windy little side road. My road had been gritted at about midnight, then again early this morning! So dangerous. We hit -8 last night. :)

Super good use of your time! I hope the roads are better tomorrow.

Oops I jinxed myself, done nothing else since haha

Unfortunately I've just got so much left to do! I've done a little more, going to at least try and finish planning Maths and English and then I can later I'll do some marking whilst watching TV. I've just started watching The Wire, Aaron raves about it.

Our anniversary plans have changed. We're no longer going to London but were thinking about other options. I found a great deal online, 2 nights in a lovely castle in Wales for only £99 but it doesn't include Saturdays! I contacted them to see if they would make an exception, explaining that it's our first anniversary and that I'm a teacher but it didn't make a difference. They said that they would do me two nights and upgrade me to the better room above that one for £210 that that's still just too much. That's apparently with a 25% discount and the free upgrade! Looks like we'll be in a tent in Aaron's garden :-(

I don't need to go to the meeting as school won't give me the time off to go to the conference that it's planning for. So no point going. Aaron doesn't mind London but its a bit too easy and hectic for him so was more because some of it would be paid for rather than cos it was top of the list.

Sorry to here about your London plans !! Have you checked a site like RedlettersDay.co.uk ?? They have hundreds of ideas for Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc and take all the work out of organising it all !! I'm sure you'll get some great ideas from there, I love looking there for inspiration...... and I'm here in the States !! LOL !!

Diva x

I thought they went bust? I'll take a look!

Someone sent me this in an email today and I thought of you. :)

The Winter Boots (Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this)

Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her reception
Class pupils put on his boots?

He asked for help and she could see why. Even with her pulling and him
Pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on.
By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.
She almost cried when the little boy said,
'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.'

She looked, and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the
Boots off than it was putting them on.
She managed to keep her cool as, together, they worked to get the boots
Back on, this time on the correct feet.

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue, rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why
Didn't you say so? ' like she wanted to.
Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his
Little feet.

No sooner had they got the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's
Boots. My Mum made me wear 'em.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry.

But she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the
Boots on his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'

He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years.

Someone sent me this in an email today and I thought of you. :)

The Winter Boots (Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this)

Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her reception
Class pupils put on his boots?

He asked for help and she could see why. Even with her pulling and him
Pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on.
By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.
She almost cried when the little boy said,
'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.'

She looked, and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the
Boots off than it was putting them on.
She managed to keep her cool as, together, they worked to get the boots
Back on, this time on the correct feet.

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue, rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why
Didn't you say so? ' like she wanted to.
Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his
Little feet.

No sooner had they got the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's
Boots. My Mum made me wear 'em.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry.

But she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the
Boots on his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'

He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years.

PMSL -- I love it! ;)

Haha I like it :p I'm FINALLY getting to see Aaron this weekend, he's on his way down now. I seem to have spent the entire time since I've been home doing things but I've not done any work... oops! We're going to have a protein meal, I've got chicken or fish (haddock or cod I can't remember) and he fancies the fish so we'll have that. Not sure what to do to go with it though!

Have a lovely time together Caroline :)

What about laterooms deals or something like that for your anniversary. The castle sounded lovely what a shame! Would you consider a log cabin in some woodland? Great deals at this time of year I believe?..they might stretch to March as well :)

Love the 'Winter boots' Squeezy, thanks for posting it! :)

Thanks ladies :) Having a lovely chilled night of tv and healthy protein dinner. Not sure what other plans we have. I think we're going to go on a walk tomorrow, depending on the weather. Other than that no plans really. Hard to come up with plans that don't involve food!

I did look at a log cabin but it was £295 for the weekend :-( was disappointing!

Back